BY APPLE #1 in Tablet Accessories

Features:

The 85 Watt MagSafe Power Adapter features a magnetic DC connector that ensures your power cable will disconnect if it experiences undue strain and helps prevent fraying or weakening of the cables over time. In addition, the magnetic DC helps guide the plug into the system for a quick and secure connection.
When the connection is secure, an LED located at the head of the DC connector will light; an amber light lets you know that your portable is charging, while a green light tells you that you have a full charge. An AC cord is provided with the adapter for maximum cord length, while the AC wall adapter (also provided) gives users an even easier and more compact way to travel.
Designed to be the perfect traveling companion, the adapter has a clever design which allows the DC cable to be wound neatly around itself for easy cable storage.
This power adapter recharges the lithium polymer battery while the system is off, on, or in sleep mode. It also powers the system if you choose to operate without a battery.
Compatible with 15- or 17-inch MacBook Pro.
Not sure if this is the right power adapter for your Mac?
See this article for more details about choosing the right one.
Knowing which specific Mac model you have is important. If you are running OS X Lion (10.7) or later go to the menu at the top left of your screen, choose “About this Mac” then click the “More Info...” button. Your Mac model and generation will be displayed.
If you are running an earlier version of OS X, you can enter your serial number here to find out which model you have.

kadi s.
Have not had a problem with this power cord and wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy due to high pricing but overall it works as should and very easy to connect to computer
marcelina s.
Tx, TX
Wotks perfectly long which is a huge pro and i love it it is quite big althought so that could be a con but till now i have not experienced no problems with this charger
Katherine B.
Not a fan of these chargers. If there was one thing I could change about Apple, it would be the quality of their chargers. I can't even remember how many of these I've gone through. The thin wire on half of it, is so cheap and poorly designed. Yeah, it's nice to look at, but it's not durable at all and tends to fray easily.
Jennifer H.
I love the length of this power cord but the actual charger itself i hate. It falls out way to easy since it is held on by a magnet. Any time you bump it or change position it falls out which gets annoying.
Vivien a.
Apple chargers seem to always be breaking! My laptop charger recently broke with no outer damage! I purchase a second one for a little over $80 at Best Buy. All apple product chargers need to be a little more durable and convenient.
Eliza L.
The charger has worked great for me and I like that it is magnetic. I do wish that they would have picked the same charger that is used for the iPhone. If this one breaks I believe it is $80 to replace it.. It does charge my macbook fast though.
Jaylin P.
Minneapolis, MN
This charger does the job, however it is a little pricey when you have to replace them every so often. The cord gives out near the wall outlet and starts to fray and then shorts out. If that problem gets fixed then I would give it 5 stars
Jessica K.
Southgate
I honestly hate Apple chargers. I love the magsafe and how it connects, but they break far too often and far too easy. For how much these cost, Apple should really create a better quality product. I have PC chargers that last YEARS and I can't get an Apple charger to last for nearly that long. The cord covering unravels near the adapter, and I think that's a ridiculous problem to have, especially since Apple is well aware of the problem and continues to do nothing about it. It charges great, yes, but they don't last and they cost $80. A better design is needed.
Katherine J.
I like that there are two parts to make it longer or shorter because sometimes I don't always like having a super long cord if it is not needed. I also like that it is magnetic. One thing I don't like is that it the cord near the base needs to be more durable. I've had my laptop for almost 3 years and at about the 2 year mark I had to get a new cord because it ripped and stopped working. As a college student I was super irritated that I had to buy a new one because they are super expensive.
Lori F.
Schaumburg , Il
This is a great adapter it does the job well unfortunately I've had to replace him at least two or three times in a lifetime of my my MacBook it's only been about four years the wire tends to bend and cut and and unfortunately other than that it charges up the The laptop very quickly it is a nicely design doesn't take up a lot of space I would recommend this over any other odd Brent back please don't purchase an offbrand buy this one
Alex C.
Los Angeles, CA
Who else loves their Mac book?!
Aaron H.
Sand Springs, OK
I have had problems with this charger overheating and not working on more than one occasion.
Nad 🇧.
Winnipeg, MB
Can you order the adapter online for cheap??
Genesis V.
The fact that Apple won't allow staples and stores like such to use coupons on the charger is ridiculous because of how pricey it is.