Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter uploaded by Sally H.

BY APPLE #47 in Tablet Accessories

Features:

The 60 Watt MagSafe Power Adapter features a magnetic DC connector that ensures your power cable will disconnect if it experiences undue strain and helps prevent fraying or weakening of the cables over time. In addition, the magnetic DC helps guide the plug into the system for a quick and secure connection.
When the connection is secure, an LED located at the head of the DC connector will light; an amber light lets you know that your portable is charging, while a green light tells you that you have a full charge. An AC cord is provided with the adapter for maximum cord length, while the AC wall adapter (also provided) gives users an even easier and more compact way to travel.
Designed to be the perfect traveling companion, the adapter has a clever design which allows the DC cable to be wound neatly around itself for easy cable storage.
This power adapter recharges the lithium polymer battery while the system is off, on, or in sleep mode. It also powers the system if you choose to operate without a battery.
Compatible with MacBook and 13-inch MacBook Pro.
Not sure if this is the right power adapter for your Mac?
See this article for more details about choosing the right one.
Knowing which specific Mac model you have is important. If you are running OS X Lion (10.7) or later go to the menu at the top left of your screen, choose “About this Mac” then click the “More Info...” button. Your Mac model and generation will be displayed.
If you are running an earlier version of OS X, you can enter your serial number here to find out which model you have.

Victoria B.
Fayetteville, AR
I'm giving it fournstars because while apple products are good because it does it's entended job, they tend to wear and tear easily, so I've had to buy a second one.
liz T.
New Britain, CT
This's all I have ever use in my mac book pro. It works wonderful the cord is super long and it charges up my mac rapidly. This came with my mac when i purchased it from second hand. I love how to magnet helps you find the spot if you ever trying to plug it in the dark.
Kimberly J.
Let me start by saying my MAC is the best computer I've owned though now it is obsolete compared to the other models. But this charge was awful. Had to buy two and I had the same problem with each. Finally I found a different off brand charger that worked even better and I never had issues with it.
Mandy C.
I liked this charger because it was magnetic and easy to plug in, but I felt that the durability of the charging cable could use some work. The cable tends to fray over a long period of use, and for travel and taking my laptop to and from class, it's essential that the charging cable lasts a while.
Katie S.
Marysville
I really wish Apple would come out with a better charger. I was expecting it to be better but it wasn’t. The cord is too thin and the box is too clunky making it hard to carry around, hard to use, and easy to break.
Emily d.
Lake Oswego, OR
This charger is so unique and expensive and breaks so easily! I just wish Apple computers were more compatible with other technology. It's about $80 to replace which means you have to be really careful with it.
Brittney M.
About two years into owning my MacBook my computer was plugged in during a storm and the charger was fried. Luckily no harm to the computer however it took me weeks to find a store that still carried this charger. I ended up traveling an hour to find one and it cost me $80 for a replacement. Very pricey but a necessity.
Sally H.
I purchased the 60W MagSafe Power Adapter after my MacBook Pro stopped charging. I wasn't sure if it was the power adapter or something else, but decided to try replacing this first before throwing out my MacBook. This definitely did the trick. I gave it 4 stars because the price is quite hefty and the fact that this appears to be a pretty common problem with the Apple power adapter. But I only use genuine Apple accessories with my Apple products.
Kayla B.
The cord itself is great for charging the computer, but I have found this design to stop working easily. I have gone through several cords because of the connection plugging into my computer often stops working. This seems to be a fairly common problem.
Hayley K.
El Paso, TX
I absolutely hate these! I have had to buy 3 of them since purchasing my MacBook because the wires are easy to break inside.. Not to mention they are $80