BY APOTHIC #18 in Wine

• Is this a dry type of wine? 1 Answers
  • How is this wine supposed to be served? Room temperature, chille...2 Answers
  • Is this a dry red?10 Answers
Buy on Walmart
  • "At a great price point, especially when you find it on sale at your local grocery, it can be a great starter for anyone who is looking to dive into red wines. " in 8 reviews
  • "This is one that is always good, decent price and doesn't taste like the super cheap stuff often on sale at the local grocery store." in 8 reviews
  • "However I hadn't expected it to taste as fantastic as it does, and I've been buying it weekly ever since." in 8 reviews
  • "It's good to have on hand because it pairs well with a lot of my favorite dishes." in 7 reviews
  • "Several other blends that I've tried in this price range are too acidic, but Apothic Red is full bodied and delicious." in 6 reviews
Shannon M.
Shannon M.
Decatur, GA
Probably one of the least favorites of the wines I've had this season. I had some during a recent family gathering. A family member had noted that it was affordable but overall I found the taste the be undesirable. It wasn't quite fruity and almost tasted sour at times. Even my aerator didn't help. In the end, I ended up ditching it in the sink. It gets 2 stars because I admit that my own palette might be to blame and my aunt actually loves this blend.
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Michigan City, IN
Happy Hour Expert
This wine can come off bitter if paired wrong so I took away a star. I realize that sounds unfair but I think there are many wines that do versatility well and this is not one of them. The slight chocolate flavor sounds in theory delicious but if you are not expecting it you will not like the bitterness of it. Overall this is a good red, but it is not my first choice. Cool bottle, cool name, too expensive for the taste.
Laura T.
Laura T.
Starkville, MS
I have heard this was a great wine, but I was not that impressed. I was told it would be sweeter then regular red wines and would be less dry, but I found it to be very dry and not that sweet. If you like typical red wines, but want something on the cheaper side then this is the wine for you, but if you want to try a red wine that is sweeter or different then other red wines then I would not try this one.
Gina C.
Gina C.
Greenwood, IN
This is a great red wine for anyone that enjoys a bold fruit flavors. You can purchase this wine at wine or liquor store, and easy to find. Delicious, especially for the cost. Costs around $10-$15. I am completely satisfied, and have purchased this wine several times. This is good go to wine for nice dinner with friends or family. Guest will think they are drinking a higher end wine.
Andrea B.
Andrea B.
Thomasville, AL
I bought the Apothic Red Wine a couple of months ago with another bottle of wine. It tasted good I like it. I would buy again. It did taste little strong, but it is my type of wine. I think the other wine I bought beat this wine out. The other wine tasted so delicious. This is a top 5 of my type of wines. And plus I bought both wines from my local Walmart.
Hannah M.
Hannah M.
Brooklyn, NY
After studying abroad in Italy, I would call myself a wannabe wine snob that is still really happy with a lot of low-cost wines. This wine is great, especially for its price. It's a good value, and the taste is significantly better than something like Barefoot. I would definitely recommend if you're trying to take a step up from the super-budget wines.
Renee U.
Renee U.
Revere, MA
This is a good red wine to have in the house. It has a good bold flavor and I liked the almost gothic look in the bottle. It's also very affordable and I'm able to find it anywhere from a high end liquor store to my local super market

Somebody suggested I try this again and I did and found I enjoyed it the second time around a lot more. Great flavor
Katherine S.
Katherine S.
Sunnyvale, CA
I'm giving this five stars because I truly was surprised how good this wine was for the price. I'm not that knowledgeable about wine, so let's just say that my judgement was purely based on the taste. I got a bottle for a gathering with friends and I'm going to keep this at the top of my list next time I have to bring a gift for a get-together.
Vanessa B.
Vanessa B.
Alexandria, VA
This is a rich, full bodied wine that is absolutely divine. It is one of my preferred wines as I purchase a bottle weekly....once again for my 12 bottle wine cellar! It always exceeds my expectations for a relatively inexpensive wine. I pairs well with most food and I enjoy it with wine, cheese, and crackers when socializing with the neighbors.
Davonda B.
Davonda B.
This wine is dry and harsh. I was not satisfied with the taste of this wine. I was sorely disappointed. I find that I prefer the wines I drink to be sweeter and more flowery intaste. It was served at a dinner party attended by some girlfriends. Overall I was not happy with this wine and I will not recommend this product to friend nd family
Kristie M.
Kristie M.
East Amherst, NY
Do you like it?
Leigh M.
Leigh M.
Reno, NV
Has anyone tried any other wines/varieties from this maker?
Salina M.
Salina M.
Westford, MA
What stores can you get this wine at?
anabel c.
anabel c.
What is the price for this wine?
Autumn D.
Autumn D.
Boswell, OK
Is this a sweet or dry wine?