Sarah H.
Sarah H.
Rochester, NY

Every time I walk in, all I see are over priced items...any tips which items are worth the price or what they sell that is not $$$?
Carolyn S.
July 16, 2014, 11:28 a.m.
They do tag sales twice a year. The last sale was during the summer where you received an additional 20% off of sale items. I found tops that were 80% off of the original price. The do have amazing sales.
Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.
June 20, 2014, 12:25 a.m.
If you join the mailing list you will receive a coupon for a percentage off during your birthday month.
Maryam A.
Maryam A.
June 19, 2014, 10:12 p.m.
Join their mailing list!
June 17, 2014, 2:45 p.m.
Go to the clearance section just look over the item carefully, many times it's there because of snags or loose stitching but others are fine
June 16, 2014, 6:51 p.m.
Try to catch their amazing sales they have twice a year. You can save an additional 20%-40% off of the already reduced items.
Caitlin B.
Caitlin B.
May 29, 2014, 10:25 a.m.
The clearance section may or may not be your best friend. I've learned that with Anthropologie it definitely takes patience to get a steal on some of your favorite looks. My best suggestion is to look online. Sometime you can find their sale with an extra percentage off. It also help to google for some coupons that can be used at checkout. This has saved me some extra $$ in the past.
Sara A.
Sara A.
May 21, 2014, 1:13 a.m.
Definitely go to the back - clearance or online! Not a good deal to go there looking for something specific. I like to go when I am just looking around to get ideas or maybe a unique find.
Candice W.
Candice W.
May 16, 2014, 4:53 p.m.
I definitely try to hit up the clearance section both online and in store. They may seem overpriced, but these are definitely higher quality clothes than what you might find at Forever 21 or H&M.
Brenda D.
Brenda D.
April 28, 2014, 7:44 p.m.
I always go to the clearance section first. Some items are so unique they are definitely worth the price!
Deanna G.
Deanna G.
April 20, 2014, 9:33 a.m.
I really like to go into the store for ideas. I have picked up some accessories and home decor items in the clearance section, but if I see something that really like but it is out of my price range I will take a picture or look for it online and use it as inspiration. You can usually find similar items elsewhere for much less.
April 7, 2014, 2:14 p.m.
Definitely check out the clearance section of the store. Prices are usually great there, and thats the only place I will usually buy anything from there.
Sarah F.
Sarah F.
March 12, 2014, 9:26 p.m.
Their prices are high, but their products are great quality and very unique! They do have a sale section though that you can get some great deals in. I suggest shopping the sale section!
Sondra C.
Sondra C.
March 3, 2014, 2:44 p.m.
Dresses, candles and house items
Cymbre M.
Cymbre M.
Feb. 27, 2014, 11:55 p.m.
I would highly suggest accessorizing from there. Big pieces should be timeless as a long term investment, to be cost effective grab a few little things to test out a look.
Hannah H.
Hannah H.
Feb. 26, 2014, 2:06 p.m.
Personally, I think their dresses are worth it. They are a good splurge item for your wardrobe.
Mandy H.
Mandy H.
Feb. 25, 2014, 10:43 p.m.
Keep an eye on Effortless Anthropologie an online blogger who updates her blog every time Anthropologie has a sale. If you find something you like, you can keep an eye on her website and see when it goes on sale. Sometimes items will go from around $500 to $50. It really feels like a bargain when you can get a quality item like that on sale!
Chealsea S.
Chealsea S.
Feb. 25, 2014, 8:58 a.m.
I typically stick to watching the clearance online! Check that out sometime. They usually have good deals there!
Megan F.
Megan F.
Feb. 24, 2014, 7:42 p.m.
Clearance section is where it's at! At a store like this it's the only place some people can afford to shop.
Feb. 18, 2014, 6:12 p.m.
There definitely are pieces that are quite expensive, but I do my best work in the clearance section. They change it quite often and have a great online selection, as well. I find that the housewares are more reasonable and I don't feel like the clearance of housewares is as good. It's typically very picked over. If you have your eye on something you have to be diligent to keep watch until it goes on sale.
Alexa Z.
Alexa Z.
Dec. 10, 2013, 4:26 a.m.
If you like their home stuff, I have seen a lot of the exact same things at Target, as well as One Kings Lane, Joss & Main, even Urban Outfitters is way cheaper. For the clothes, there isn't much there that you couldn't find cheaper at H&M, Zara etc. and for the pieces that are unique enough to not find elsewhere, go for it! I think it is fair game to splurge on really special pieces.
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
Oct. 24, 2013, 5:15 p.m.
Pretty much everything is overpriced, so hit the sale area, which should be a decent selection. Also, be sure to sign up for their free anthro card to get a discount during your b-day month!
Oct. 11, 2013, 5:23 p.m.
Their homegoods are better than their clothing. Doorknobs are amazing!
Rachel S.
Rachel S.
Sept. 30, 2013, 7:12 p.m.
If you shop their clearance racks you can usually find some cute things at good prices!
Molly B.
Molly B.
Aug. 31, 2013, 10:06 p.m.
I've had a lampshade from Anthro for about 10 years, I love it and even through 4 moves it still looks as beautiful as the day I bought it. I also have a shower curtain and a duvet cover from about 5 yrs ago that are BEAUTIFUL and well worth the money. Avoid the "vintage" door knobs, they're so pretty, I've tried SEVERAL times to make them work but they are WAY overpriced and all three times I've purchased them (different styles of knob) they have required additional expensive hardware from a local hardware store to re-work the insides of the door so that they are useable. Foolishly, I keep trying but each time I've had to return them.
Samantha D.
Samantha D.
Aug. 19, 2013, 9:41 p.m.
My husband and I have been collecting their letter mugs--which are great for gifts at $6 a pop they are cute with a little coffee in them or a cute towel. We use these mugs EVERYDAY with two little ones and they have held up to all the washing, microwaving, and abuse from little ones. I've tried their tea--meh--I wasn't all that impressed. I've tried their knobs on different things around the house--they are expensive but cool.

Join Now