Annie's Homegrown Rice Shells & Creamy White Cheddar Gluten Free Macaroni & Cheese uploaded by Shea L.

BY ANNIE'S HOMEGROWN #39 in Macaroni & Cheese

Annie's® Homegrown Rice Shells & Creamy White Cheddar Gluten Free Macaroni & Cheese.
Made with rice pasta.
Rabbit of approval.
Rice shells & creamy white cheddar.
100% real cheese.
Made with goodness!
No artificial flavors, synthetic colors or preservatives.
A good source of calcium & protein.
Cheese from cows not treated with the growth hormone, rBST*.
See nutrition information for sodium content. see more...

Buy on Target
  • "My favorite food is mac and cheese and when I found out that I had to be gluten free i was devastated." in 2 reviews
Rachel N.
Duluth , MN
This has great flavor, but I do not like the noodles at all. They are very slimy and fall apart quickly. I would not recommend these to anyone, instead make your own noodles and sauce. I have tried this multiple times, hoping that that maybe if I cooked the for not as long, maybe it would help. Nope. Spend your money elsewhere
Renee H.
Oxnard, CA
Wellness Guru Expert
Finally a gluten-free macaroni and cheese that isn't filled with nasty artificial coloring! Sometimes my gluten-free options aren't that great, but this one is fantastic and like a more adult version of your standard boxed macaroni and cheese. It's very creamy and flavorful and is delicious as a side dish or on its own.
Christina S.
Eau Claire
An excellent alternative to regular Mac and cheese. This is a great option for a quick dinner and it’s just so easy! The taste is great and you can’t even tell that you’re not eating “normal” Mac and cheese! I love this and would definitely recommend it to other celiacs!!
Brielleeee M.
West Babylon, NY
Delicious Mac and cheese! The white cheddar puts a twist on the regular taste of Mac and cheese. It's affordable when you can get it on sale (which is often) I buy it at my local stop and shop! I would definitely recommend. Not only for kids (:
Kimberly E.
Williamstown, NJ
Let me first start by saying that I have tried THEM ALL - when it comes to mac-n-cheese, it was my favorite go-to side...and when I eliminated wheat from our diets at home due to allergy, mac-n-cheese was also the first thing I set out on a quest to add back in!

It is hard to find ANY pasta that is not wheat based to cook al dente and have it taste just like the real-deal. I've tried quinoa base, corn base, and now Annie's Rice base pastas trying to find something as close to the pastas I've grown up loving. What I can say, is that this pasta cooks quickly, cooks to an almost al dente like consistency and tastes as close to wheat pasta as you can get. I was able to disguise it like the original mac-n-cheese to my 2 children (5 & 7) without them looking absolutely disgusted, and it was an overall win - I will buy Annie's every time!

On a price comparison with all the other GF products, a level playing field. Unfortunately GF is what it is - a "lifestyle" for some, and a necessity for the rest of us - and until it becomes more mainstream cost will remain a bit higher.
Ashley H.
Edgewood, MD
Probably my favorite gluten free Mac and cheese 😊 the noodles get super soft which is nice since some gluten free noodles don’t get completely soft. I like the taste. I add a little extra mozzarella
Bridget H.
Minneapolis, MN
This is the best gluten free mac and cheese I have found. The noodles cook very well and they don't get too chewy. They seem to cook pretty quickly too. The cheese tastes very similar to Kraft, and my daughter will eat this too. It is a little spendy, but if I am craving some mac and cheese, I will get this.
Shea L.
Wellness Guru Expert
I thought this was a pretty good pasta with it being organic. I would only want it as a side. My son wasn't at all impressed with it though. I liked the fact that the ingredient list was short and that everything in its good for you.
Daniela P.
Staten Island, NY
Wellness Guru Expert
Annie's gluten free mac and cheese is a decent gluten free option. The pasta cooks really quickly. When its really hot and all the ingredients are added in it is delicious. However, when it cools down it gets a little congealed and it is more obviously gluten free.
Kendall M.
Los Angeles, CA
Wellness Guru Expert
I absolutely love this mac and cheese! The white cheddar is so different from the usual yellow cheddar-flavored mac and cheese, but it tastes almost even better! The rice macaroni is a bit more difficult to prepare, in the sense that it takes longer to cook and boil before it becomes edible, but it's worth it for good gluten free mac and cheese!
Jenni S.
Cincinnati, OH
Can you tell me the best place to purchase this item?
Morrie M.
I'm pretty new to the Gluten-free world and now that I'm searching for food items for myself, I would also like to look for things for my 6 year old as well. We've tried Annie's kids pasta and soups and were very pleased. Has anyone tried this particular flavor of mac n' cheese? ...And is it good? I've heard that gluten-free substitutes sometimes taste horrible.
Jessica A.
Wellness Guru Expert
Would you recommend these? I've tried soooo many kinds and none of the GF mac and cheese ever end up tasting all that great :(
Ashley S.
Are these any good? I love the regular shells and white cheddar but haven't tried gluten free yet
Taylor M.
Independence, KY
Is this any good because other ones I have tried are weird tasting