BY ANNIE'S HOMEGROWN

Annie’s Cheddar Mac (as we call it!) is our answer to all those chemically orange colored cheeses out there. We’ve taken our original Shells & White Cheddar and added a little color to it, naturally! Our totally natural cheese is colored with a plant extract called annatto. Annatto has been used in tropical American cultures for generations to color foods such as butter, cheese and mustard. The annatto tree grows 20 to 30 feet in height and when its seeds are stirred in water, they produce orange annatto dye, also called achiote, to color foods. Annie’s Cheddar Macaroni and cheese is a great alternative for kids who need to have that “orange” cheese on their macaroni.

NGREDIENTS:

Organic Wheat Shell Pasta, Cheddar Cheese (Cultured Pasteurized Milk, Salt, Non-Animal Enzymes), Whey, Butter, Nonfat Milk, Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Annatto Extract For Color.

• Is this better than some of the other Annie's mac&che...2 Answers
  • Has anyone else tried this yet? Does the cheese melt and ...2 Answers
  • I'm curious to know what the best ways to up the nutritio...1 Answers
sarah d.
Palmerton, PA
My daughter loves this one. Her absolute favorite. I normally make homemade Mac and cheese. But when we are running short on time I grab this. Great flavor and love that it is organic. Quick to make and fills you right up!
Gabby W.
Such great mac and cheese! Very easy to make and very cheesy. Since its a very quick meal to make I eat it all the time. A little pricy but every once and a while they go on sale and you’ll get a great deal.
Michele C.
Yummy and cheesy, doesn't taste artificial and it's super easy to make and filling. Bought on Amazon for a good price. I like adding other ingredients to it to fit my taste. Would recommend.
Lisa G.
Soooo yummy 😍

My only issue is the instructions to remove the pasta, mix up the cheese sauce with milk and butter, and then readd the pasta.
If you don’t you get random clumps or cheese powder inside some of the shells
I’m used to mixing the cheese sauce together with the pasta still in the pot, but other than that it’s sooo cheesy and delicious ❤️

I prefer Annie's® Homegrown Shells & White Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese though
Jay G.
A great alternative to Kraft Original. Annie's tastes just as good and I still spice it up by adding real cheese. Boxed pasta dinner can be dicey, but Annie's is one of the best. If I'm looking to add something extra to the dish, I'll chop up a sausage or brat to throw in. Delicious!
Maya A.
Franklin, VT
I love this mac n cheese. It’s organic, shells are the best pasta since they hide pockets of cheese, and it’s aged cheddar. It’s pretty much as healthy as box mac n cheese gets and it’s so affordable and amazing.
Suzette A.
Florida
Going from Kraft to Annie's macaroni and cheese is like night and day.  I have recently switched to Cruelty Free, Organic, and trying to slowly make the move to healthier, cleaner food for myself, my family, and my dog.  Annie's is the best brand I have found that accommodates to my very picky four year old's palate, and still tastes amazing.  I purchased this macaroni and cheese for my husband and I to try for lunch today.  Oh my goodness it's so good!!  This particular brand just has you boil the water and add the pasta as usual.  The recipe than calls for 3 tbs of low fat milk (which I love), and you can just to add butter if you want extra flavor (I did.)  After adding the cheese and milk I started mixing the mac & cheese and noticed it still looked cheesy after I mixed it.  With other brands I noticed that they cheesiness seems to fade away once the milk is added and that the mac&cheese turns out to be watery and has no flavor.  I asked my husband what he thought of the flavor after having served him and we both agree; it's delicious!  Very cheesy, lots of flavor, and not overly salty (many times the flavoring makes it too salty.)  I am excited to try the other flavors too.  Annie's is my new family favorite Organic brand!
Angel C.
I've never tried any of the Annie's products before. My local supermarket had the Shells a d Real Aged Cheddar on sale. My daughter loves mac and cheese, and asks for it often. I decided to purchase this, mainly because it's a healthier option. Over all it was okay. The shells took a long time to boil and the taste wasn't very flavorful. I don't normally add salt to my food, however this was craving some. With the added salt, it tasted a lot better. The mac and cheese was very cheesy and my daughter loved it very much. Due to the fact that this is much healthier than other brands, I will more than likely buy this. I will have to "doctor" it up though.

Pros: Daughter loved it.
Partner with individuals and places they
trust.
Very Cheesey
Cons: Took forever to boil
On packaging it states that the product is
made "on shared equipment that also
processes egg and soy". As someone who
has to avoid soy for health reasons, I
won't be able to enjoy this. (I discovered
after I ate this.)
But I do like that they shared this information about the soy and egg if someone has health issues and has to avoid these.
Kamila K.
Ridgewood, NY
My daughter is not a HUGE fan of mac n cheese which yeah kinda shocking, but I tried this brand and guess what people she couldn't stop eating them!! SCORE FOR THIS MAMA!!!
Shera P.
Longwood
This is the best boxed macaroni and cheese you can find in the store! I’m a macaroni and cheese snob, but for a quick fix this brand is definitely the creamiest and not artificial tasting!
Crystal Y.
Harrisburg, PA
Does this taste like regular box Mac and cheese?
Sherri M.
How is this compared to the blue boxed stuff? I want to try it but am afraid!
Logan V.
Fairfax, VA
Any recipes you guys use this for?
Diana B.
Altamonte Spg, FL
What meals go good with this my son loves mac and cheese but i want to make a more family together meal.
Jessica J.
Mansfield , MO
Is this better than some of the other Annie's mac&cheese or about the same? To me the others were just okay