BY ANNIE'S HOMEGROWN #19 in Macaroni & Cheese

Annie’s Cheddar Mac (as we call it!) is our answer to all those chemically orange colored cheeses out there. We’ve taken our original Shells & White Cheddar and added a little color to it, naturally! Our totally natural cheese is colored with a plant extract called annatto. Annatto has been used in tropical American cultures for generations to color foods such as butter, cheese and mustard. The annatto tree grows 20 to 30 feet in height and when its seeds are stirred in water, they produce orange annatto dye, also called achiote, to color foods. Annie’s Cheddar Macaroni and cheese is a great alternative for kids who need to have that “orange” cheese on their macaroni.

• Is this better than some of the other Annie's mac&cheese or a...1 Answers
  • Has anyone else tried this yet? Does the cheese melt and spread n...1 Answers
  • I'm curious to know what the best ways to up the nutritional valu...1 Answers
Buy on Target
Lisa G.
Soooo yummy 😍

My only issue is the instructions to remove the pasta, mix up the cheese sauce with milk and butter, and then readd the pasta.
If you don’t you get random clumps or cheese powder inside some of the shells
I’m used to mixing the cheese sauce together with the pasta still in the pot, but other than that it’s sooo cheesy and delicious ❤️

I prefer Annie's Homegrown Shells & White Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese though
Mandy C.
Elk Grove, CA
I finally got to try out a couple of these! I've always heard nothing but good things but I never believed that boxed mac and cheese could taste like anything other than.. well, boxed mac and cheese. Wrong! So good! Mixed this up with ground beef and broccoli and added some chili flakes for spice. The husband LOVED it and so did I! He couldn't even tell it came from a box. Added plus for organic, quick and affordable.
Jessica Z.
Mac and cheese is one of the best comfort foods out there. I've been a fan of Annie's for a few years now. The organic shells and real aged cheddar macaroni and cheese is one of my favorites for its great taste. Not only that but my sister is allergic to artificial food dyes so this is a great alternative for her since it's all natural. Plus, it gives me an excuse to buy it more often!
Jen L.
San Diego, CA
Annie's is my FAVORITE brand of mac & cheese by far. It not only is much healthier than Kraft or Velveeta, but it tastes so much better. It is on the expensive side, but definitely worth it! I always have it when I'm upset and need to cheer up or if I get home late and want something tasty.
Miranda h.
Plainfield, Il
made the change to Annies Dairy Free Mac & Cheese. Dont expect it to taste like regular mac and cheese! Its dairy free and has a pumpkin flavor to it. Wasnt my favorite taste wise but did look like mac and cheese!. love annie products but i wasnt satisfied with this!
Kyla J.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Love Annie's mac and cheese.  Great flavor and texture in the noodles.  Very easy to make and great packaging.  I often make them for the kids I babysit. Healthier than Kraft mac n cheese.  Still packaged mac n cheese though! Met my expectations.
lb o.
Southaven, MS
I love love love this brand. I love that it's organic, and it makes me feel less bad about eating a box of mac and cheese by myself. I love the packaging and the story behind it. Only complaints are price, noodles are usually tough/rubbery, and could use more cheese.
Lydia B.
Daphne
We recently bought this on a whim just to try a different brand! I honestly did not expect much from this particular Mac and cheese, but it was actually very good! It had a nice cheesy flavor without that “punch you in the face” artificial taste!
Suzette G.
Review for: Box
Going from Kraft to Annie's macaroni and cheese is like night and day.  I have recently switched to Cruelty Free, Organic, and trying to slowly make the move to healthier, cleaner food for myself, my family, and my dog.  Annie's is the best brand I have found that accommodates to my very picky four year old's palate, and still tastes amazing.  I purchased this macaroni and cheese for my husband and I to try for lunch today.  Oh my goodness it's so good!!  This particular brand just has you boil the water and add the pasta as usual.  The recipe than calls for 3 tbs of low fat milk (which I love), and you can just to add butter if you want extra flavor (I did.)  After adding the cheese and milk I started mixing the mac & cheese and noticed it still looked cheesy after I mixed it.  With other brands I noticed that they cheesiness seems to fade away once the milk is added and that the mac&cheese turns out to be watery and has no flavor.  I asked my husband what he thought of the flavor after having served him and we both agree; it's delicious!  Very cheesy, lots of flavor, and not overly salty (many times the flavoring makes it too salty.)  I am excited to try the other flavors too.  Annie's is my new family favorite Organic brand!
ASHLEIGH S.
Best mac n cheese I've had!! Doesn't taste fake and chemically. It's a bit pricier then kraft, but I will actually eat it. Also love that it isn't so salty. Best out of a box mac n cheese!
Sherri M.
How is this compared to the blue boxed stuff? I want to try it but am afraid!
Crystal Y.
Harrisburg, PA
Does this taste like regular box Mac and cheese?
Logan V.
Mc Lean, VA
Any recipes you guys use this for?
Diana B.
Altamonte Spg, FL
What meals go good with this my son loves mac and cheese but i want to make a more family together meal.
Spontaneous W.
How much is this product in cases?