Animal Crossing Video Game
Top Questions See all 32 Q&A
- "In New Leaf, you're appointed mayor and has to better the town by planting flowers, building pubic works projects, and making friends with your villagers." in 38 reviews
- "I love this game, It's so much fun, it's amazing though, because all you do is just run around fishing, catching bugs, digging and paying bells and finding things for your house but I spend hours playing it and don't even feel like I have!" in 34 reviews
- "Having a game run in real time with your system's internal clock was also exciting, because it added a whole new dimension to the gameplay." in 23 reviews
- "The simulation of the town, the interesting characters, the unlockables, and the many activities that you can do with this game will keep you entertained for a long time." in 13 reviews
- "I never liked how the game almost punishes you for not playing every day by making neighbors move without your permission when you haven't played for awhile, but I still absolutely LOVE the game." in 12 reviews
I don't like how the animals repeat themselves over and over, which in turn, means you have to leave their house (or, enter a building if you're outside) for them to have new dialogue. It gets old, fast.
I also really hate the whole grass thing. If you run over the grass in the same spot/one spot for a while, it will wear out. While, yes, this is more realistic, I find it takes away from having a really nice looking town. :/
I do, however, like the city, and I like how previous NPCS (Gracie, the Shrink, Crazy Redd, etc) now have their own stores. It makes it easier to see them, and gain new items/etc.
But, it was a good addition for the Wii, and it is still fun.
I think the greatest, and most innovative thing about this game is that it plays in REAL TIME! So, it plays, even when you aren't, which was the main motto of this game for a long time. It definitely makes things more interesting, and it's always nice to see the weather changing at the same time as your own. :)
I'm just a little sad that I can't just go visit the towns from the people in my friend list, that you kinda have to wait until they're online AND open up their gates. That's a minor thing though.
Overall: cute, simple game that still offers hours of fun.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos