• Animal Crossing Video Game Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Video Game...1 Answers
  • Animal Crossing Video Game Funny?1 Answers
  • What gaming system do you prefer playing Animal crossing on? mine...21 Answers
Animal Crossing Video Game
  • "In New Leaf, you're appointed mayor and has to better the town by planting flowers, building pubic works projects, and making friends with your villagers." in 38 reviews
  • "I love this game, It's so much fun, it's amazing though, because all you do is just run around fishing, catching bugs, digging and paying bells and finding things for your house but I spend hours playing it and don't even feel like I have!" in 34 reviews
  • "Having a game run in real time with your system's internal clock was also exciting, because it added a whole new dimension to the gameplay." in 23 reviews
  • "The simulation of the town, the interesting characters, the unlockables, and the many activities that you can do with this game will keep you entertained for a long time." in 13 reviews
  • "I never liked how the game almost punishes you for not playing every day by making neighbors move without your permission when you haven't played for awhile, but I still absolutely LOVE the game." in 12 reviews
Abigail V.
Chandler, AZ
I love Animal Crossing and I am a fan of the game, I still have a game cube and play it as much as I can, its so cute and fun and very child friendly, it keeps the innocence that most games do not have now a days. You start off meeting a cat named Rover, He will ask you questions such as your name, gender and the time along with what is the name of the place you are going to (A.K.A your village). Since you are on the move and have no home to live. Rover goes ahead and makes a phone call to a friend of his named Tom Nook, From that point on once you get off of the train you are greeted by him, given a home from which you can expand as the game moves on, but are expected to do some small short part time jobs for a little bit to pay off a bit of your loan. Money is quick and easy to make in this game and your animal villagers will help give you tips along the way if you talk to them enough. I won't spill all the details, but I think if you like cute games, this is a must play!
Crystal F.
Tacoma, WA
I have loved this entire series. It's cute, fun, interactive, and you can seriously get ANYONE into it. My 32yr old male fiance' wouldn't stop playing for like 2 weeks when we first got it. I never thought I could have so much fun playing such a girly game with him. There's so much to do though! You can fish, plant flowers, collect bugs, dig, make clothes, visit friends, do tasks for neighbors, and soooo much more!

This game really knocks it out of the park when it comes to Holidays too. Animal Crossing plays in Real Time, meaning as the days change and the weather and time. So changes your game. So around Christmas and all other holidays there are tons of fun activities to get into.

However! Remember though, Real Time. So if you plant those flowers in summer and don't come back for a few days to water or tend to them, they die!! Haha the fun consequences of Real Time games :)

If you've been on the line whether or not to give Animal Crossing a try. Do It!
Megan C.
Ontario, CA
I have been playing Animal Crossing for the first time. It's a vibrant, adorable, fun little game. I love being able to customize avatars and characters, and you can definitely do that. On top of that you can customize your dream home, and become the tyrannical or benevolent mayor if your city.

That said, the only way to really advance your way forward is to grind for currency in-game to pay for improvements to your town. You have to catch fish and bugs and sell them to earn money to buy your clothes and pay off your home loans. That's hard enough in real life!

However you can trade things with friends, and play for just a little while every day and still get stuff done.

My only complaint is I wish there was more of a storyline, rather than the open-ended world. It can get boring playing a game where you're not really working toward a goal except being able to obtain more in-game items.

All in all, I'm glad I got it. It's a nice little escape for awhile each day.
Sara R.
Saylorsburg, PA
This was my all time favorite game from ages 9-11. I played everyday, ALL DAY. I have played every game in the series now, the game cube version, Wild World, City Folk, and now my new favorite, New Leaf! I would recommend this game to any gamer, serious and casual. You have to be a bit creative to fully enjoy this game. From customizing your house to decorating your character with your own style, this game has no limits to your creativity. Another great factor is all the 'friends' you get to make, this game runs in real time, so it's like every time you open it you are visiting your best friends, chatting about the latest gossip, everyday life, and everything else!
I would give this series a 100 out of 10 even if that isn't possible.
nadine b.
San Diego, CA
This game will definitely keep you busy. If you love long-winded games that allow you to build a town, complete collections and tasks, you will love this game! The characters are so cute, some are sassy, some are comedic, some are grumpy - hey, you may even relate to one of them. Sometimes, what they say will hit you so deep, you would think they're your real life friends (whoa! getting a little delirious). It's based on real-time, so that means, if it's winter, it's snowing, if it's summer, it's sunny, if it's fall, it's probably raining! When I say YEAR of FUN, I mean that when you fish, certain fish are only available during a certain time, so are certain collections! You have the ability to add friends, visit their towns, and interact with complete strangers from all over the world! You have the ability to trade (at your own risk) for furniture and exclusive items that are only available in certain countries! Very awesome game!!
Tricia A.
Cupertino, CA
This game is definitely fun, and is great if you want to play that game that doesn't have a whole lot of challenge to it.
It has a cute design and is something that can be played for hours, especially since it's a never ending game.
The only issues I have with it is: some of the task can be a bit tedious and annoying after awhile, especially having to collect money for Tom Nook to pay off your fee, so I don't really spend too much time doing things for myself.
I wish that your character was a bit more customizable, to be honest my character kind of looks like a derp and I didn't exactly want her to look like that either.
The Real Time can be annoying, especially if you can only play at night, so I just ended up changing the clock in the game.
Other than the issues that I have with the game, it is a lot of fun and is great if you don't want to play a game with a whole lot of challenge to it.
Katy M.
Nacogdoches, TX
I remember when I first had the Gamecube version, I would play it for hours, running back and forth between villagers and catching bugs. It would annoy me about the sending fossils to the museum to get them identified. I had a friend who came over now and then and we'd go to each other's town, not too often though. I had two cards though and that helped. I didn't much like Wild World or City Folk (CF was just too wonky with its controls).

When I knew about New Leaf, I didn't have a 3DS and so I pulled out my Gamecube version and started playing that for a while, returning to my town and plucking ALL the weeds that had grown over the years. But all my villagers were still there.

I got my NewLeaf game the 2nd of the year! I was so excited and one of my friends from the Gamecube game ended up in my town! PONCHO! I still have him in my town. Along with a few new and old favorites~
Briana H.
Minot Afb, ND
Gamer Expert Level 1
Hands down favorite childhood game. I still occasionally play it from time to time. I found it very relaxed and enjoyable. Kinda similar to Harvest Moon in my opinion. Just a very easy going game.
Amber W.
Gadsden, AL
Gamer Expert Level 2
I had this game on my gamecube. It is for all ages. Their is no violence or foul language in this game. You walk around earing money to buy and build up your house. You also get to walk around meeting people who live around you. It goes threw all four seasons in the game. It uses the the date month and time used in your games cube to match the season at that time. It rains and snows at times. You can find rare items in the game. Their is also lil mini games in the game. Their is so much to see or do you will never get bored. I highly recommend this game. But they have released a newer version of the game so check it out as well.
Liv W.
Zanesville, OH
I will always miss the faceless cat that you got to give a face to on the occasional trips on the train. This was my first animal crossing game, and it started my long time love affair with the series.
Melanie M.
Gainesville, GA
Have you ever made a new town on another memory card so you could travel between the two?
Brittany M.
Yuma, AZ
One thing you like about this game?
Rachel S.
Southbridge, MA
Who's your favorite villager? Personally, mine is Pudge! He's in my current New Leaf town and he was one of the first people to move in after I became Mayor. I have, like, 5 pictures of him in my possession.
Sara R.
Saylorsburg, PA
What's your favorite furniture series? (mine is the sloppy series as of rn)
Pookie Y.
Port Clinton, OH
Who eles loves this game