BY NINTENDO

Wii U-Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival see more...

Michelle H.
Westampton, NJ
Gamer Expert Level 3
The game is super cute, but the fact that there are about 10+ amiibo that you need to buy to play it quickly makes the game not worth the trouble. Luck for Nintendo, I’m a hoarder (erm, I totally mean COLLECTOR), so I bought all the cute Animal Crossing amiibo anyway. It’s basically a Mario Party style game, except without the mini games and with an element of chance.

I cannot emphasize enough how cute this game is. Cute, but it gets boring after a while. We played with a few friends and quickly got bored. This game could have been really fun, but Nintendo missed the mark. So I say pass on buying this amiibo cash grab new. Get it used and if you can find the amiibo, they’re well enough made that I didn’t mind having them all.
Danielle F.
Gamer Expert Level 3
This is a fairly amusing game when playing with more than one person. It's similar to Mario party, but its Animal Crossing themed. The game is adorable, but I don't find myself always wanting to play. Again super cute but sadly it does get old rather quickly.
Hannah R.
Okay let me start here.
This is not Animal Crossing like you know it. It's a mix up between Mario party & AC.

The game consists of a "game board", which is trails through your town. Each day you roll the dice and move a certain number of space, until you play through a whole month (which you can pick). Some of the months like December, have little events that happen on the holidays.

There are NO minigames between rounds. This is where it's different from Mario party. However, there is a mini game menu that is separate within the game. You can purchase animal crossing trading cards and scan them on the Wii u. You then can use these characters to play the minigames. They all have different abilities so going out and getting additional cards beyond the ones provided in the game do have its benefits.

Was I disappointed it wasn't truly animal crossing? Sure. Is it still a fun game? I think so. I personally play the minigames when I'm playing solo more than the board game.
Samantha R.
Hillview, KY
This game is SO MUCH FUN for all ages. It's similar to Mario party without the mini-games, and with your favorite amiibo characters. There are mini-games alongside it that aren't on the main game board, but they are fun, quick games if you need your Animal Crossing-fix. It's not just a simple board game though, it's incorporated the turnip market, so you better play your cards right and keep track of the "stalk exchange" (which is a great teaching tool for kids).

My biggest complaint though, and probably my only, is that there isn't much to do after you'd unlocked everything, added all the buildings you can fit onto your game board, and leveled up all of your amiibos. It gets pretty stale and there's no further advancement or replay value except as a party game with friends or family. If you're looking for something with more of a replay value, Mario Party may be better suited for you. I'm honestly hoping that there is DLC later for this game, or Nintendo pulls SOMETHING out of the woodwork to add to this game later via patching.
Lindsay A.
Muncie, IN
Gamer Expert Level 1
This is like video game meets board game and requires Amiibos to be used for actual game play. Needs more than one player, so my 7 year old and myself love to play this together.
Rebecca B.
Rindge, NH
I don't own this game myself, but I have played a lot with my friends. I didn't like this as much as the previous animal crossing games that I've played. This is very focused on the board game aspect as well as a few mini games that are not all that entertaining. It seemed like they tried to separate the original game between this and the new 3ds game and tried to make money off of the amiibos that go along with the game. I was pretty disappointed in it.
Lindsey T.
Newbury, MA
If you are a fan of Mario party and love all things cute you will like this game! It's so cool to be able to play the game inside the animal crossing world with the familiar characters. My favorite part is that each board game represents a season and has special event days that only happen in that season. The only thing I dislike is the price. I recommend this to anyone who loves animal crossing!
Jessica L.
Athol, MA
This game has been a lot of fun. If you are looking for a board game type game this is it. If you have animal crossing and mario party, but without the mini games you will enjoy this. Each round you play is a month long and they have special events like the have in animal crossing. Tons of your favorite characters are apart of it. You have to make sure to buy more Amiibos to play with it oo.
Michelle M.
Mountain View, CA
Its get very tedious after a few hours into it. its basically a board game, and it encourages you to buy more and more of the amiibo cards they sell at gamestop. i personally liked the amiibo figures that comes with it but the game itself isn't very amusing.
Ruth D.
Springfield, MA
I was really skeptical about whether or not I would enjoy this game when it was first announced, but I am so glad I decided to buy it! I love that it has extra cards for you to use in Happy Home Designer, and the amiibos it comes with feel nice and sturdy, and so well detailed. It's also really fun, and easy for everyone in the family to play.

Elizabeth g.
Las vegas, NV
Gamer Expert Level 3
Is this game fun? What exactly do?