BY ANGEL CARE #5 in Baby Monitors

The Angelcare ® Movement Monitor AC300 is portable and can be used anywhere baby sleeps. The under-the-mattress sensor pad detects the slightest baby movements and alerts you if no movement is detected for 20 seconds. It is a great addition to the Movement Sensor with Sound  Monitor from Angelcare if you have twins sleeping in different beds, in the same room. Can also be a great addition to the Angelcare sound monitor or any other sound monitor for that little extra reassurance. Please Note:   This item has been built to U.S. electronics specifications and may need additional modifications or converters to be used in countries other than the U.S. and Canada. see more...

• What's the difference between this and a regular monitor? Is it s...2 Answers
  • How does this work exacctly3 Answers
  • I have only heard bad things about this product. By chance does a...2 Answers
Angel Care Movement Monitor
  • "Yes, we had the occasional false alarm, but it's better to have a false alarm than not have it and have a tragedy happen." in 8 reviews
Gaila B.
Batesville , AR
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I absolutely loved our angle monitor!! Seriously a great investment! This monitor notifies you with in 15 seconds if you child stops breathing!!!!! Now is that not huge or what?!?! SIDS is such a scary thing! Not knowing if your child is breathing can cause so many restless nights! My child is 18 months and I still use it! SIDS isnt as common after they are 8 months but I'm still paranoid! I can hear her and anything in the room with her as well! If your child sleeps on his/her stomach like mine does you need this monitor!! Highly recommend it! Only negative thing is every once in a while it will alarm the whole house but I run in there and she's just scooted way to the edge and it wasn't detecting her breathing but I would rather be safe than loose my little girl!
Paige B.
Macedonia, OH
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
With our fist child we were so scared of her not breathing in the night due to acid reflux.  One time the alarm went off and we jumped out of bed delirious only to find a sleeping child that was breathing just fine.  I'm just not sure if this really works, it may cause more worry than help.  If you need peace of mind, I say, ok get it, but other wise just a regular cheat monitor works fine to hear them cry when they wake up.  We ended up taking the sensor from underneath the mattress and just using the monitor as a regular monitor because we were getting so tired of the false alarms.
Angela T.
Merrillville, IN
Features:

-Under-the-mattress Sensor Pad detects every movement.
-Alarm sounds after 20 seconds if no movement is detected.
-Battery or AC adapter operated.
-All batteries included (3 rechargeable AAA for Parents Unit + 4 regular AAA batteries for Nursery Unit).
-3 channels to minimize interference.
-Automatically converts to battery in case of power failure.
-Low battery indicator.

When my son was only a few weeks old, he stopped breathing in his sleep. We left the room to eat dinner; when we came back into the room, he was not breathing. It took several seconds of panicked waking to get him to breath again. We called his pediatrician the next morning and were given some disheartening news. Evidently, our little boy was potentially "more susceptible" to SIDS.

We knew what SIDS was and that it was a risk with all infants, but we didn't know that there was anything that could be done to help. That's when we found the Angel Care monitor. Nobody had mentioned it, not the doctors, not the hospital...nobody. I honestly believe that had we not gotten this monitor, my son might not be here today.

The monitor itself works quite well once you get the sensitivity adjusted to your home; it will detect their every breath. It's trial and error for a couple of days (unless you're luckier than I am and get it right on the first try) to get the sensitivity set right. Our washer/dryer caused the motion detector to think that the baby was moving. Unfortunately, that is something that I just had to deal with as if I adjusted the sensitivity, it would not detect the baby moving properly when the washer/dryer wasn't running. Once we got it adjusted correctly, we had an occasional false alarm until the baby started to move around a lot in his sleep. He moves to the corner of his crib causing the alarm to not sense his movement.

The Baby Unit has an excellent night light that I miss having in his room. It has 3 modes: Sound only, sound & motion or tic off. The "tic off" option is sound and motion without a beep every time the baby moves. I used this option so that I could sleep.

We used this alarm until just after our son's first birthday, when we upgraded to a video monitor so we could see what he was doing in his room. Every child should have one of these monitors! The peace of mind is well worth the price tag. I just can't believe that nobody tells new mothers about this.
McKenzie A.
This thing will save you a lot of lost sleep, let me tell you! As a first time mom, I was continuously jumping out of the bed and running over to the crib to make sure my son was still breathing... it got to the point where I was starting to feel crazy from not getting enough back-to-back hours of rest. That's when we discovered the AngelCare system.

I'm actually going to start off with the few things I did not like about this, so I can later transition into how those minor inconveniences are nothing compared to the peace of mind this gave me. Okay, so, the pad that 'records' your baby's breathing needs to be under a flat board under the crib mattress... which is all fine and dandy, except there isn't one included in the package. It's not that big of a deal, because a lot of people probably have something laying around that would work to set the pad on (I used a flat board from an old TV stand) but it was a minor hassle to locate something that met the requirements... who can put a price on peace of mind though, right? The only other thing I didn't like that much was that it was a chore to figure out how to activate just the monitor without simultaneously activating the pad. My son occasionally fell asleep on our bed, so it took me a while to figure out how to get the sensor to pick up the sound of his cries without blaring alarm warnings when he wasn't laying on the pad. Anyway, we figured it out-- it can be done!

Now, on to the things I LOVE about it-- it had actually gone off once since I owned it. I don't know if my son stopped breathing, or if he simply rolled off the sensor pad, but whatever the case, I credit this thing with potentially saving his life. The alarm is loud and WILL wake you up, so major props for that.
There's an optional nightlight on the piece of equipment that you leave in the room with baby to detect his cries. This has saved me from stubbing my toe on baby toes numerous times. It's a very soft blue, so also quite calming.
The battery life on the baby monitor is long. I can leave it off the charger for several days before I have to charge it again. The cord for the pad also has pieces of plastic on it that keep it taut, so that it won't be a choking/tangling hazard if baby manages to grab the monitor pads cord and play with it. I could talk all day about how great this thing is... I highly recommend it. Your sleep schedule will thank you.
Mariah L.
Haslett, MI
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I bought thinking it would be great. It definitely does its job but it wiring to it is so annoying. Trying to string it through the crib and making sure it isn't in reach of the child. I felt safe with it then again I didn't. I think you shouldn't waste your money on it honestly because I used it maybe for the first 3 weeks. Also the sound it makes when the baby does move is so loud.
Natasha L.
Rockmart, GA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I had a miscarriage before my son, and my pregnancy with him was very high risk. We got this to put in his crib for naps and it was a live save... when the ceiling fan wasn't on. Even on its lowest sensitivity setting the breeze from the fan was too much. We are keeping it though if we have another child. I wouldn't repurchase for the price though.
Brittani B.
San Tan Vly, AZ
We got this for my first born, as well as second child. We loved the peace of mind this gave us knowing that we didn't have to worry as much at night. Now, it did give off a few false alarms but I'd rather have it be a false alarm, than a real one! Great product!
Carissa Q.
Gassaway, WV
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
As of now I HATE this product. trying to hook it up has been a NIGHTMARE.

I will give it another try and see if someone can get it set up for us and possibly change my mind about how I feel about it, however right now.... it's a no for me.
Meredith C.
We've used this product through two babies now, and it really was the thing that I look back on as being one of the best investments, because it helped me sleep at night! Yes, there will be false alarms, but you also have the ability to adjust the sensitivity of the monitor to reduce those. Yes, there's a bit of trial and error, but it is worth the time. After adjusting the sensitivity, it worked very well for one daughter and we used it up through age 3 or so because when she got older, it let us know if she got out of bed. With our second daughter, it worked well as an infant, and then less well once she could roll over since she liked to sleep on her side, up against the rails of the crib. Every baby is different, and I suspect that this product will work better for some than for others, but it is still such a worthwhile investment in my humble opinion.
Ashley D.
Arlington, MA
We bought this when my baby was 6 months old and we were panicked about moving him into his own room/crib. It, in addition to a video monitor, brought us a lot of peace of mind! We did experience a number of false alarms, though, which would send us shooting out of bed in the middle of the night. I also didn't love the way the monitor was attached to a cord. If parents' room is not right near the baby's, it might be difficult to hear the alarm going off. As my son became more mobile in the crib, we stopped using the monitor because of false alarms. But for the baby stage, it works pretty well!
Caitlin H.
Columbus, GA
How does this work exacctly
Adelle M.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
What's the difference between this and a regular monitor? Is it safe?
Rachael A.
Seattle, WA
I have only heard bad things about this product. By chance does anyone know if it really goes off whenever it once or is it a good product?
Demi S.
is this better than other brands ? x