Andrew Adamson & Vicky Jenson Shrek uploaded by Alexis W.

BY ANDREW ADAMSON & VICKY JENSON #79 in Movies

In this fully computer-animated fantasy from the creators of Antz, we follow the travails of Shrek (Mike Myers), a green ogre who enjoys a life of solitude. Living in a far away swamp, he is suddenly invaded by a hoard of fairy tale characters, such as the Big Bad Wolf, the Three Little Pigs, and Three Blind Mice, all refugees of their homes who have been shunned by the evil Lord Farquaad (John Lithgow). They want to save their homes from ruin, and enlist the help of Shrek, who is in the same situation. Shrek decides to offer Lord Farquaad a deal; he will rescue the beautiful Princess Fiona (Cameron Diaz), who is intended to be Farquaad's bride. Accompanying Shrek on his adventure is the faithful but loquacious Donkey (Eddie Murphy), who has a penchant for crooning pop songs. The two must face various obstacles in order to locate the Princess, but they find their world challenged when she reveals a dark secret that will affect the group. Shrek is based on the children's book by William Steig, and features additional voice-work by Vincent Cassel, Cody Cameron, and Kathleen Freeman. see more...

• Are they coming out with any new movies? I want to see wh...1 Answers
  • Any movies going to be released in the future? I hope so! 3 Answers
  • Who is your favorite character?16 Answers
Andrew Adamson & Vicky Jenson Shrek
  • "Great movie for the whole family, I would definitely recommend to put this in your collection." in 5 reviews
Melinda C.
Buford, GA
This is definitely a super cute movie, but it really has a lot of adult humor, so I recommend it but I would be wary of letting small children see it honestly.
Ashley S.
Clarkson, KY
I love every single one of these movies. They have clean humor that's still hilarious to the point of tears one of my favorites and now my son's favorites!
Christine M.
cherry hill, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I've seen this move several times since I was a kid and I love it! Its not just a movie for kids but it is a family movie. It is funny and entertaining!
J M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is a great cute & funny animated movie for the whole family. It has a few hidden adult jokes & it has great little life lessons in the storyline.
Jamie M.
Summerville, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
I really love this movie it is a good family night movie and it is funny what kids don't like a green giant and a donkey and a cat named puss and boot
Michelle  D.
Fort Hood, TX
One of the cutest movies!!! I loved this when it first came out I'm almost 31 and I love it now!! Hasn't lost it's sweetness oVer the years!!!
Carleigh P.
DALLAS, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Love this movie!! so funny and the animation is excellent, you will fall in love with these characters - my family quotes it all the time!
Charlotte D.
Westbury, NY
Shrek is the best because adults and children can watch it it's got some adult humor I wouldn't recommend without an adult younger than 13
Laura M.
A standout movie from my childhood! So funny and the plot took a new turn on the cliche princess stories! The sequels are enjoyable too!
Sherry R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Love this movie. My kids grew up watching all these movies. You can watch any of these movies over and over again and notice new things.
Missy R.
Blaine, MN
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Who is your favorite character?
Crushondra S.
Huntsville, AL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Do your children like this movie?
Ashley S.
Clarkson, KY
Any movies going to be released in the future? I hope so!
Lindsay S.
Burlington, KY
How did they get the name sherek?
Elizabeth M.
Sylmar, CA
Are they coming out with any new movies? I want to see what happens with they babies, do they fall in love with humans also?