Andrew Adamson & Vicky Jenson Shrek uploaded by Alexis W.

BY ANDREW ADAMSON & VICKY JENSON #79 in Movies

In this fully computer-animated fantasy from the creators of Antz, we follow the travails of Shrek (Mike Myers), a green ogre who enjoys a life of solitude. Living in a far away swamp, he is suddenly invaded by a hoard of fairy tale characters, such as the Big Bad Wolf, the Three Little Pigs, and Three Blind Mice, all refugees of their homes who have been shunned by the evil Lord Farquaad (John Lithgow). They want to save their homes from ruin, and enlist the help of Shrek, who is in the same situation. Shrek decides to offer Lord Farquaad a deal; he will rescue the beautiful Princess Fiona (Cameron Diaz), who is intended to be Farquaad's bride. Accompanying Shrek on his adventure is the faithful but loquacious Donkey (Eddie Murphy), who has a penchant for crooning pop songs. The two must face various obstacles in order to locate the Princess, but they find their world challenged when she reveals a dark secret that will affect the group. Shrek is based on the children's book by William Steig, and features additional voice-work by Vincent Cassel, Cody Cameron, and Kathleen Freeman. see more...

• Are they coming out with any new movies? I want to see wh...1 Answers
  • Any movies going to be released in the future? I hope so! 3 Answers
  • Who is your favorite character?16 Answers
Andrew Adamson & Vicky Jenson Shrek
  • "Great movie for the whole family, I would definitely recommend to put this in your collection." in 5 reviews
Who doesn't love Shrek? My boyfriend and I literally just watched this last night and we laughed like we'd never seen it. Micheal. Meyers, Eddie Murphy, and Camren Diaz do a great job in keeping everyone entertained.
Jennifer K.
It the most funniest movie that I saw it.....I loved everything in this movie but for me the best charather was the duncki ...he was so funny and sometimes so dramatic....I remember him and laugh so much
Emily d.
Portland, OR
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
One of the best movies from my childhood, Shrek combines gross funny humor with poignant comments on beauty versus happiness. I love that Fiona gets to be happy in the end homegirl was trying so hard.
robin N.
Buckeye, AZ
Another well done animation feature. Several times it brings out that looks are deceiving . Just because you might think a person looks ugly on the outside does not mean they are not beautiful from the inside. Never judge others by first appearances. Storyline is cute.
vanessa c.
I have watch all the Shrek movies. Its great for the families. You will never get old of this. Its funny and cuteLove this movie! My kids love it as well. Mike Myers in one of his best roles since Wayne's World. It's not annoying to watch it repeatedly like most kids movies.
Jenny F.
Knoxville, TN
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
I honestly did not enjoy this movie. While it was somewhat humerous a lot of it is not something I want my young children repeating so it just didn't make for a very good family movie.
Tiffany O.
Paris Xing, IN
Shrek is loved by children and adults... there is enough adult related content hidden so that parents can enjoy... but it's well hidden so that it's still for children... Love it!
lauren h.
Arlington, TX
Love this movie so much it's funny and heart warming send a great message to children and families has so many different characters with so many personalities got to love this.
Estefania A.
Funniest movie ever I always watches as a kid and I still mean commended to the kids from now until even from different generations it's one of the best movies I have ever seen
Michelle P.
Waynesville, MO
Shrek is a great movie. It has comedy that appeals on several levels, so a family can watch without someone being excluded. The story is one that can be rewatched and enjoyed.
Missy R.
Blaine, MN
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Who is your favorite character?
Crushondra S.
Huntsville, AL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Do your children like this movie?
Ashley S.
Clarkson, KY
Any movies going to be released in the future? I hope so!
Lindsay S.
Burlington, KY
How did they get the name sherek?
Elizabeth M.
Sylmar, CA
Are they coming out with any new movies? I want to see what happens with they babies, do they fall in love with humans also?