Andrew Adamson & Vicky Jenson Shrek uploaded by Alexis W.

BY ANDREW ADAMSON & VICKY JENSON

In this fully computer-animated fantasy from the creators of Antz, we follow the travails of Shrek (Mike Myers), a green ogre who enjoys a life of solitude. Living in a far away swamp, he is suddenly invaded by a hoard of fairy tale characters, such as the Big Bad Wolf, the Three Little Pigs, and Three Blind Mice, all refugees of their homes who have been shunned by the evil Lord Farquaad (John Lithgow). They want to save their homes from ruin, and enlist the help of Shrek, who is in the same situation. Shrek decides to offer Lord Farquaad a deal; he will rescue the beautiful Princess Fiona (Cameron Diaz), who is intended to be Farquaad's bride. Accompanying Shrek on his adventure is the faithful but loquacious Donkey (Eddie Murphy), who has a penchant for crooning pop songs. The two must face various obstacles in order to locate the Princess, but they find their world challenged when she reveals a dark secret that will affect the group. Shrek is based on the children's book by William Steig, and features additional voice-work by Vincent Cassel, Cody Cameron, and Kathleen Freeman. see more...

• Are they coming out with any new movies? I want to see what happe...1 Answers
  • Any movies going to be released in the future? I hope so! 3 Answers
  • Who is your favorite character?16 Answers
Andrew Adamson & Vicky Jenson Shrek
  • "Great movie for the whole family, I would definitely recommend to put this in your collection." in 5 reviews
Heather S.
Odon, IN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I was around 12 when Shrek was released. It was one of those fine animated films with memorable, quotable dialogue that made my childhood. The soundtrack included Smash Mouth and other big name artist. A true classic that put a facetious, tongue-in-cheek spin on older classics. Still own the VHS!
Nicole G.
Wampum, PA
Love this movie! If you need a good laugh this is perfect. It has a great soundtrack too. The kids also love it. It was cast perfectly and the characters really match the voices. My favorite line from the movie is "my mouth was open and everything". When you watch it you'll see what that means. I could watch a million times and see something I didn't before. Highly recommended.
Amanda G.
murray, KY
Such an awesome family movie! appropriate for all ages and the writing is also creative enough to keep adults hooked and laughing throughout. so funny, and gives a great message to kiddos about inner beauty. we love it
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
While this movie is rather crude it is so hilarious. It's a great movie to watch with the kids with some good popcorn. There are some super funny lines and overall the story is pretty cute. It's not the worst movie in the world.
Emily d.
Lake Oswego, OR
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
One of the best movies from my childhood, Shrek combines gross funny humor with poignant comments on beauty versus happiness. I love that Fiona gets to be happy in the end homegirl was trying so hard.
Trish W.
Brownsburg, IN
I loved this movie when it first came out and I still love it now. It's truly a film that can be enjoyed by all ages as it includes jokes for everyone including adults...that I didn't even notice when I was a kid. We all know the feeling associated with watching Disney Jr for 6 hours straight over the holidays...it's painful. Shrek is the movie I suggest when my niece and nephew come over because it entertains everyone in the room. Would definitely recommend!
tati d.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This movie is so cute, definitely my favorite from Dreamworks along with El Dorado! It's fun for the whole family literally and it's so funny, it has great music, and a really good storyline believe it or not. I'm honestly always ready to watch this movie, and the ending is so adorable, it shows that the inside is truly what matters in a person
MaryCaroline G.
St Petersburg, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 5
Shrek is one of my all time favorite cartoons. It's excellent for the whole family. As a child I thought it was cute and funny. Rewatching it as an adult, I noticed so many sexual innuendos in the film that went over my head as a child. Entertaining for all ages!
Laura S.
Mendota Hts, MN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I recently rewatched this movie and it's so funny. There are adult jokes that you didn't even notice as a kid. It almost makes me excited to have my own child in the future so I can introduce him/her to all of my old favorite movies like this one.
Jennifer S.
Sale Creek, TN
I love this movie!! I took my kids to see this when it first came out and still to this day we can't get enough of watching it. It has adult humor as well as kid friendly so both adults and children alike can enjoy it. It is a must watch movie!
Missy R.
Blaine, MN
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Who is your favorite character?
Crushondra S.
Huntsville, AL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Do your children like this movie?
Ashley S.
Clarkson, KY
Any movies going to be released in the future? I hope so!
Lindsay S.
Burlington, KY
How did they get the name sherek?
Elizabeth M.
Sylmar, CA
Are they coming out with any new movies? I want to see what happens with they babies, do they fall in love with humans also?