BY ADAM MCKAY

"The wait is over, America -- Ron Burgundy is back and “funnier than ever,""* in an ALL-NEW UNRATED CUT, too outrageous for theaters! After losing his job to his wife and co-anchor, Ron reassembles the news team and squares off against a new rival. Will the world's greatest anchorman be crushed beneath the weight of his own ego (and his salon-quality hair)? Anything goes in the outrageous comedy that critics are calling “one of the funniest movies of the year!”

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Unrated)
  • "The first movie was funny and I was hoping that since they took some time before making the sequel, that meant the sequel would be well made." in 5 reviews
Elizabeth M.
Columbia
Pop Culture Expert
The First Anchorman movie was a classic so I expected this to be really good but I was pretty disappointed. The only funny parts were the one shown in the trailer. It was overall pretty boring and dry. I was pretty upset that I wasted my money at the theater. I do not recommend this unless you want to see how bad of a movie this is.
Danielle W.
Portsmouth, OH
Anchorman 2 was seriously funny, but it was one of those situations where they maybe should have just let it go and stuck with the first movie. That isn't to say the second one was bad by any means, I just think the first one was more funny. Regardless, good movie and I would still recommend it.
Amber C.
Fuquay Varina, NC
Pop Culture Expert
The first anchorman was okay but to me this one was a lot better than the first one. They both have there ups and downs but all and all they are pretty good movies. They have really good actors which make it a great comedy even if the story is a bit odd or hard to follow.
Corey H.
If you didn't like the first Anchorman, you won't like this either. If you liked the first one, you should see this, but you might not love it. There were funny parts and stupid parts, but the original Anchorman is the original! If you love Will Ferrell, you have to see this because who doesn't love a "stupid-funny" comedy with him in it? Those types of movies aren't my favorites, but I like seeing them every now and then. Will Ferrell is a funny man who is able to portray roles such as Ron Burgandy! Overall, it's average and you can probably see it once and be okay.
Remie M.
Pop Culture Expert
This movie is so funny. I have not seen the first one, only the second one, and it was still very easy to understand who all the characters are and the roles that they play in the film. This movie had me laughing to the point where I couldn't breath. I've watched this movie several times and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fun comedy.
Kaley P.
Grand Rapids, MI
I laughed so hard at this film, and I appreciated all the moments that Ron had with Baxter. As well as the addition of James Marsden as the dominant anchor. I think the first one became a classic almost immediately, so there's no way the sequel could beat it. But it still put up a very good fight and is a great comedy worth watching!
Colin R.
Marietta, GA
Pop Culture Expert
This movie sums up one of the major issues with modern cinema...lack of creativity. Although they had room to make a second Anchorman, they shouldn't. The whole movie just felt forced. Some good parts but overall dissapointing.
Jenny W.
The second one was really weird. Honestly overall it was great except for the ending. The ending just didn't make any sense or fit into the whole picture. But this is definitely a comedy you have to watch!
Heather F.
Cave Springs, AR
Definitely not as well-written or comedic as the original Anchorman. I feel as though they waited too long between them for it to make sense as a whole.
Monique D.
Fremont, CA
Will Ferrell can make any bad day a good one! This movie was good. It's hard to have a sequel meet the expectations of the original. This movie did. It was just a good as the 1st Anchor Man!
Tawny G.
Round Rock, TX
Pop Culture Expert
Which is better anchorman 1 or 2?
Dee V.
Fresno, CA
Hmm.. been debating on this movie. I've heard great reviews and awesome comments on it. the cast sounds hilarious. should i watch 1, 2?
Leomary P.