BY ANCHOR BREWING COMPANY

• Does this have a strong chocolate or a coffee taste by chance?1 Answers
  • I've never had this but do like Porters. How would you compare th...1 Answers
Anchor Brewing Porter 12OZ
  • "I first tried this beer on tap, later got in in a bottle and was disappointed." in 1 review
  • "Full flavored, little bit of bitterness but i like that, def for experienced beer drinkers/beer lovers!" in 1 review
Jackson M.
Somerville
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Tasty bold and clean porter. It can hang with the Guinness’s of the world as well as the fancier microbreweries. It tends to be easily to find in Northern California but still worth trying if you can find it.
Samantha S.
Cincinnati, OH
OMG what a rich flavor. I had never heard of this brand until i saw it on a menu somewhere and tried it because I like dark beer. It has so much character. I started searching stores for it and now it's one of my favorite go-to beers. A reasonably priced and delicious beer
Cynthia U.
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
For this I feel like I have to be in the mood it’s good but wrong and it’s something you can have one or 2 of a day it’s tasty and it does compare better then others
Emily A.
Fairfax, CA
I like this for a generic porter. It goes down smooth and the flavor is rich, but not too bitter. Affordable and good when you are in a place without microbrews.
Dana C.
Little Rock, AR
I've tried all of the Anchor Steam beers that I can get my hands on. While the original is my favorite by far, the Anchor Porter is still a quality product. If you don't like porters, you probably not like this, but for those of you who do-it's definitely worth trying.
Sarah D.
Portsmouth, RI
I first tried this beer on tap, later got in in a bottle and was disappointed. Some of the flavor profiles weren't as good. Light bodied with a bitter sweet finish.
Amie R.
This is a staple in my fridge. I love porters and this is definitely at the top of my list. If you love porters, you will not be disappointed by this beer.
christine D.
anchor brewing makes great, easy to drink beer. in the winter, i always go for dark beers and this porter is one of them.
Bryanna A.
Arcata, CA
Love this dark flavor! Has a good chocolatey aftertaste and isn't bitter. Not too strong and a good price
Anita R.
Grand Rapids , MI
Meagan C.
San Diego, CA
I've never had this but do like Porters. How would you compare this to Stone Brewery's or Hanger 24's Porters? Smooth finish?
Beth B.
Clermont, FL
Does this have a strong chocolate or a coffee taste by chance?