Anchor Brewing Co. Anchor Porter

by Anchor Brewing Company

Made in San Francisco since 1974, the Anchor Porter is the quintessential American porter. This handmade porter is expertly crafted using the finest malted barley, fresh whole hops, and a first-rate respect for the brewing tradition. Wonderfully boozy aromas and flavours of chocolate, dried berries, and coffee are contrasted nicely by a dry, smoky finish and a pleasant bitterness. There is so much taste that comes out of the beer yet it still finds itself very smooth and balanced.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Anchor Brewing Co. Anchor Porter!
This is a great drinkable beer. Not too hoppy as a lager shouldn't be. A little pricy, but worth it. I've bought this beer over and over again.
Cedartown
This is my fiance's favorite beer. I am not quite as into it but it's drinkable. I wish for his sake that it was in more stores in our area
Chula Vista, CA
Very yummy beer! Husband brought it home and we paired it with gouda and brats. Great flavor. We will definitely be trying it again soon.
Manhattan, KS
I very much like Anchor Brewing beers. They are typically smooth and never too harsh for my simple beer pallet. Not too expensive either
Omaha, NE
Yum. I really enjoyed this porter.
The label caught my eye. I bought it at a hy vee.
The flavor is really good.
Yum. I really enjoyed this porter.
The label caught my eye. I bought it at a hy vee.
The flavor is really good.
LYNN Haven, FL
If you are looking for a delicious, chewy yet refreshing porter the. You have to try Anchor! It’s reasonably priced and worth a shot.
Wynnewood, PA
Coffee, malted, smooth deliciousness. Not too heavy of a beer, doesn't leave your stomach feeling like you just drank a bowling ball.
I love a stout beer & this one is a great one! I can't find it often where I live but when I do, I always get at least 2 packs of it.
Seattle, WA
One of my favorite porters! So smooth, rich and creamy. Love the balance of flavors, the chocolate and coffee really come through.
Jacksonville, NC
Very good porter! I tried this when I had thought I had tried most of them out there. I was very happy with the ABV and the taste!

Looking for your answer?