BY ANCHOR BREWING COMPANY

Made in San Francisco since 1974, the Anchor Porter is the quintessential American porter. This handmade porter is expertly crafted using the finest malted barley, fresh whole hops, and a first-rate respect for the brewing tradition. Wonderfully boozy aromas and flavours of chocolate, dried berries, and coffee are contrasted nicely by a dry, smoky finish and a pleasant bitterness. There is so much taste that comes out of the beer yet it still finds itself very smooth and balanced. see more...

Ang T.
Philadelphia, PA
Full discretion, I'm really not a porter drinker. I prefer more of a light, hoppy beer. That being said, this Porter is quite delicious. Affordable, tasty, and relatively easily accessible. It's a constant in my fridge.
Katie A.
Sneads Ferry, NC
I tried this beer in the make your own six pack at word market and I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't to heavy but bold and had lots of flavor. I would definitely buy this in a six pack or get it in the build your own six pack again.
Katie F.
Johnstown, PA
I couldn't find the coffee porter to put a review on, but it's my favorite. If you have not tried it-please do yourself a favor and go try it! It's delicious with the coffee flavoring that you would want in a coffee porter. It's not overwhelming and it is so smooth.
Sarah W.
Monticello, IL
Good flavor when drank with desserts. We only buy anchor porter for when we are having creme brulee. The flavors of the dessert with the coffee/chocolate notes really pair well together. I don't like it much on its own though.
Sabrina H.
Sacramento, CA
I normally don't like, and/or am very picky about my stouts...this stout is wonderful in every way! I urge everyone to go out and try it when you can!( 21+ of course (; )
Taylor T.
Atlanta, GA
For a porter is this price range - this is a pretty decent option. There isn't the roundness that you might find in other beers, but it doesn't weigh you down, and make you feel full like the other beers. This is perfect for a night in, with pizza and movies.
Nikki C.
Wilmington, DE
Porters can be very thick but this one is really good. Me and my significant other like to try new porters all of the time. This one is pretty good I like the anchor brewing company it's different. But remember porters are on the heavier side so you can only have a few. This beer was pretty refreshing could only have one.
Angelica H.
Hawthorne, CA
I'm typically not a huge fan of porters but I find myself coming back to this porter again and again. The flavor of this beer is amazing, it's a great beer to share and it's really smooth. The flavor isn't overwhelming and it really tasted delightful
Liesl E.
I really enjoyed it, it was refreshing and I loved the anchor bottle caps and unique label designs. Plus, my sister and brother-in-law always stock their fridge with this and the brand in general! 🍻
Alexandre A.
While i generally like anchor brewing, this beer was a little to stout for my taste. I've been able to try most of the anchor styles and don't feel this is one i would buy. Some people might like it, but i am not one of them.