BY ANCHOR BREWING COMPANY

An all-American beauty from California, the Anchor Liberty Ale has been setting the standard of American-style IPAs since 1975. It's known as the first modern American single-hop and dry-hopped ale. Effervescent carbonation brings bold aromas of orange peel, grapefruit, florals, and perhaps vanilla to the nose. A creamy mouthfeel is contrasted by its lively carbonation while flavour notes of grapefruit, orange and maybe even sugar cookies are balanced by a crisp lingering bitterness. It's the perfect example of the style! see more...

Buy on Beer Hawk
Kristen B.
This beer is a little dark for me although I really don't like dark beers at all. I do not think I would drink this again, although if you are into a darker ale it is pretty good with what (if I liked dark beer) flavor.
Nikki H.
san francisco, CA
I always know that I'm going to like the beer when a bar offers this brand. I like a hoppy beer and these tend to be more on that side.
Monica R.
Ridgewood, NY
This tastes WAY better than the stuff at Universal! It's not so sweet and has a nice butterscotch taste. I love it! I just wish it was a little cheaper. I'm still buying it though. It was a massive hit at my daughter's Harry Potter themed birthday party.
Aubrianna p.
Piedmont, SC
This was a little something different for me but I like to try new things and try to find new favorites and this one definitely made the list of new favs. Not light, not too heavy, more in the middle of both. Not too cheap and not too pricey. I little more difficult to find in my area unless going downtown where the have a deeper variety of brews.
Samantha J.
Henderson, NV
This is a very rich, medium-bodied beer for the most part. I tried the porter once and didn't enjoy it, but the other brews are amazing! It's got that yummy craft-beer flavor, a nice head, and it's affordable!! I prefer grabbing these with a mix and match sale just to try different blends.
Bridget   M.
Roseville, CA
Anchor Brewing Company ale is a great option when I want something different.. it has a very unique and interesting flavor and I love having this in the summer as well. I will continue to purchase this for upcoming events and parties that I host.
Kristine W.
valencia, CA
Great ale with a little bite and hoppy finish. Anchor steam has expanded its craft line up and has a good variety of beer styles. The ale is easy to drink and goes well with any type of bar foods. I would definitely recommend this beer.
Hailey L.
A delicious ale packed with flavors. I love drinking this beer to help relax by the pool or after a long day of work. It is delicious and one of my top choices. I would recommend this to anyone trying to find a new favorite
Bree F.
Beautiful presentation and the wonderful tasting beer very smooth very crisp. It was the light beer almost like a blonde. I love the aftertaste. I’m not a very big beer connoisseur but I do like to give each. Least one try
Brittney B.
Clarksville, TN
I buy Anchor beer at least once every few months, the Pale Ale is my favorite of theirs. Most of the time I buy it because it’s having a sale of some sort but I wouldn’t ask for it if I were at a dinner.