Anchor Books Tuesdays With Morrie: Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson

BY ANCHOR BOOKS

Maybe it was a grandparent, or a teacher, or a colleague. Someone older, patient and wise, who understood you when you were young and searching, helped you see the world as a more profound place, gave you sound advice to help you make your way through it. For Mitch Albom, that person was Morrie Schwartz, his college professor from nearly twenty years ago. Maybe, like Mitch, you lost track of this mentor as you made your way, and the insights faded, and the world seemed colder. Wouldn't you like to see that person again, ask the bigger questions that still haunt you, receive wisdom for your busy life today the way you once did when you were younger? Mitch Albom had that second chance. He rediscovered Morrie in the last months of the older man's life. Knowing he was dying, Morrie visited with Mitch in his study every Tuesday, just as they used to back in college. Their rekindled relationship turned into one final "class": lessons in how to live. Tuesdays with Morrie is a magical chronicle of their time together, through which Mitch shares Morrie's lasting gift with the world. see more...

• As anyone read other booksby Mitch Albom?2 Answers
Rebecca V.
Bala Cynwyd , PA
I love this book! It’s an easy read and so inspiring and captivating. I truly couldn’t put it down and finished it in one sitting. I recommend everyone read this book, there’s so much to learn and enjoy.
Kaitlyn S.
Ames, IA
Bookworm Expert Level 3
A lovely and quick read. There are so many lessons to learn while reading this book and they can relate to any person. The author does a wonderful job relating the message to the reader. I recommend it to all my friends.
Nadine C.
This is literally my favorite book of all time. I have such a soft spot for old people and I literally bawled my eyes out cover to cover. If you haven’t read this book yet I highly recommend it. It is so well written you won’t want to put it down!
Barbie L.
Bookworm Expert Level 2
This is one of my favorite books of all time!  I have read it several times and I will never get tired of reading it!  It has a great storyline and really great life lessons.  I wish they would have this as one of the reads during high school English classes.  I think teenagers would benefit from a book like this with such great life lessons.
Harper B.
Palm harbor , FL
I fell in love with this book with every page. I can honestly say that my views on life and death were significantly challenged. This story makes you want to be a better person, it makes you think about your role in the world.
Alex P.
Elizabeth, PA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
The book is interesting in two ways: in the descriptions it provides of a dying old man and his daily sufferings that grew day after day, and the lessons which this man provided on issues like marriage, culture, money and other issues that affect us all.

The drawback in this book is that most of it is about the sickness of that old man (Morrie) and less about the advice he gives. I can say 70% is about him, his sickness and his relationship with Mitch, and not more than 30% is scattered advice about various topics. Also, a lot of these advice, at least to me, is not shockingly new or eye-opening. Most of it was common advice that a lot of us know. But he gives real life examples to support these advice. Yet if i was to combine all of his life lessons, they wouldn't be more than 10 pages.
Okyana D.
Fairfax, VA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I have read Tuesday with Morrie for my senior English class and had done it as a final project and a big test I'm falling in love with this book it's my favorite book the book tells me a lot of life lessons but I have no or not no and it kind of make me understand and learn more even though I know the message I think it's a really good food for everyone to read and I think that there should be more award for this book.
Jessica B.
Bookworm Expert Level 2
I absolutely loved this book and the depth it had. It made me want to find my own Morrie, the incredible storyline provided joy, hope as well as sorrow and longing. You can't help but fall in love with the old man! This books is always a good read and good recommendation.
Evelyn Renata P.
Tucson, AZ
One of the best book I've ever read! I can say I have probably read this book 4-5 times and I cry every time. Such an inspiring story it grabbed my heart by the core from page one. It's a must read story.
Jade S.
Grayson, KY
Love this book! Had to read it in undergrad for a class and now I'm reading it again for a neuro class in grad school. This author is great! The story line tugs on heart strings and gives you a look into how someone with ALS experiences life. Must read.
Melisa C.
Saint Joseph Du Lac, QC
As anyone read other booksby Mitch Albom?