Anastasia Beverly Hills The Original Contour KitInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS #2 in Contouring Kits

A sleek palette with six shades: three for highlighting and three for contouring. This collectible contouring kit features six blendable formulas to sculpt and define features. The darker shades are ideal for shading and defining, while the lighter shades are perfect for sculpting and enhancing features. Removable and refillable, the set contains all the shades you need to expertly emphasize your eyes, cheekbones, nose, and jawline.

Choose the kit that matches your skintone:

• Light to Medium: Vanilla, (pale cream), Banana (pale yellow), Sand (radiant chiffon), Java (mocha), Fawn (tawny), and Havana (warm russet).
  • Medium to Tan: 10K (sheer gold), Peaches & Cream (bright peach), Macchiato (golden tan), Nutmeg (warm sand), Havana (warm russet), and Espresso (rich chocolate).
  • Deep: Earth (deep golden brown), Cinnamon (reddish brown), Espresso (rich chocolate), Latte (radiant cream), Nutmeg (warm sand), and L'Orange (vivid orange).

• Kat von D or Anastasiaūüíē Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palet...2 Answers
  • I didn't try using contour before. I am going through this! I lov...2 Answers
  • Where do you even begin when you're learning to contour?25 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Tashara T.
Tashara T.
Geneva, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have the liquid/cream kit much easier to blend for my skin color there is a light for light skin and a medium for darker skin tones this is both in liquid and powder pallet. I feel you can't go wrong with either kit. but being I only seen liquid used for darker skin completions on YouTube that's why I choose the liquid. if I were you I'd look up tutorials on the kits with girls with your complexion and see what it's most commonly used and easier to blend. I feel the kit is a good start to help learning how to highlight and contour for beginners as well to experiment. I recommend it to everyone.

-For girls of color- Be careful even with the medium the highlight can leave your highlight places a bit white looking and most girls would want to have a goldish or a bit of sparkling glow look to there highlight. This does don't give that gives you a plan white highlight has to be blended really well. Sometimes it feels as if I'm whipping more off than I am putting on when I try to blend it. The contour dark is good browns and chose but sadly they are still not quite the color brown I need so I end up mixing them and just be careful. It can make you look a bit dark dusty so use the best one for you and be VERY CAREFUL WITH HIGHLIGHT BRIGHT COLORS BananaūüćĆ has been the best highlight for me and it's the brightest but if not blended you'll be a ghost under the eyes and stuff. The other darker white highlights never blend well on my face no matter how much I try so just play with it. The kit may look a mess after it all but who cares you can clean it up after.
Mary R.
Mary R.
Seattle, WA
I think ABH contour palettes are still some of the best on the market. For the most part these very easy to use and are great quality for the price.

The original powder contour palette (pictured, shade Medium) is pigmented and very blendable. I would highly recommend this for beginners/those new to makeup. The colors are very flattering for a variety of skin tones and there is a good mix of cool/warm tones . The only con I can think of is that it can look muddy if you go overboard but that is hard to do. I'd also note that now you can purchase single contour/highlight shades on the ABH website and build your own palette so that is a HUGE plus, imo.

The cream contour kit (Shade Medium, pictured) is a little bit more challenging as the creams are extremely pigmented and more time consuming to blend out. I prefer to use this palette underneath my foundation as this makes it look more natural on me and the result is really beautiful. The contour shades in the cream palette definitely lean towards the warm scheme of things once blended out but still give great shape to the face. Overall, the powder kits are great for beginners and those in a hurry while the cream contour kit is best suited for those who are a little more advanced at contouring or have the time to work with/blend out the formula-although the result is worth it.
Daiana u.
Daiana u.
Nunca hab√≠a contorneada mi cara antes de comprar esta paleta, as√≠ que no puedo comparar con otros, sino como un principiante Estoy muy contento. Siempre miraba a contornear como algo que era demasiado duro o demasiado poco natural, pero se ve√≠a despu√©s de usar esta paleta me di cuenta de que estaba equivocado. Compr√© la paleta despu√©s de ver que se utilice en YouTube (por supuesto que ten√≠a que seguir lo que mis favoritos "gur√ļs de belleza" estaban haciendo). Me alegro de que lo compr√©. El polvo es f√°cilmente deformable y los tonos m√°s oscuros son frescos y naturales en lugar de tibia y anaranjado. Tambi√©n he notado que con muchos bronceadores tienen un brillo natural a ellos. Me gustar√≠a que estos oscuros no tienen ese aspecto barato reluciente brillo. Tambi√©n incluyeron bellos colores de resaltado. Me di cuenta de que no importa la cantidad de producto que lo utilice nunca mira cakey. Siempre se ve suave y natural. Sin duda lo recomendar√≠a a cualquiera sin importar la cantidad de experiencia que tienen con maquillaje. Tambi√©n tienen diferentes gamas de colores de diferentes tonos de piel por lo que cualquiera puede utilizarlo. Yo dir√≠a que es definitivamente vale la pena el precio. Con ganas de probar la crema.
Daria L.
Daria L.
Summerville, SC
Love love love this kit. I have the light to medium.

The banana powder is a must have for me. I use it before going anywhere to really get rid of those dark circles. Love the matte highlighter shade in here as well. And the contour shade on the left.

The only reason it isn't 5 stars is because for some reason the contour shade in the middle just doesn't apply like the others in the palette. I can barely see anything when i try to apply it, which is disappointing because i feel like it's actually my best match for a contour shade. And there's some weird build up in the pan. I've only had it since October so it shouldn't be going bad already. Not sure if this is just happened with mine or they're all that way. Definitely check that out in the store before you purchase. And also I really hate that the names are not shown. They are listed in the ingredients list but in no particular order it seems and it really bothers me not being able to refer to a shade by name and just have to point or say "the one on the right".

Even with all of that it is still a worthwhile buy for sure and I would purchase it again.
Kahlea D.
Kahlea D.
Pittsburgh, PA
This was basically the first contour kit that came out besides the it cosmetics one so the options were limited. I would say this kit is okay. I'm basically a MAC NC 25 and don't find myself really able to use the bottom right color. It is much too orange for my skin. The middle ashy color is a nice tone for a contouring color however doesn't pack much of a punch on my cheeks. I generally use it as a nose contour because it is subtle enough that the contour isn't obvious but it does give a bit of definition. The bottom left color is probably the best option for a cheek contour however something about it, I still don't love 100%. The highlights in the palette is very subtle and somewhat grainy. It pulls more silvery pearl so this may be better for fair skin. As for the banana powder and the skin tone powder, it isn't all that intense of powders. It sets like a powder should but doesn't do much brightening which I wanted at least from the banana powder. It's just an okay palette.
Lyndsay N.
Lyndsay N.
Kansas City, MO
I have owned so many contour kits, and this one is one of the top ones I've tried. Overall, I do like it and would recommend it, but I will break down the pros and cons for anyone interested!

PROS
-Shade Options- there are light-deep options which make it POC inclusive
-Refillable- you can order a new pan if you use up a shade
-Customizable- you can create your own custom kit online
-Pigment- it is nicely pigmented. It's not the most pigmented one I've tried, but it's not bad by ANY means
-Easy to use- because it's not overloaded with pigment, it's easy for beginners and makes contouring less intimidating
-Texture- the powders are nice and soft and bendable
-Multi Use- contouring, highlighting, bronzing, yellow to set undereyes, and even makes great eye shadow for a contoured eye look! Also can be used in brows!

CONS
-I'm not a huge fan of the packaging
- Not all of the 'contour shades' are very cool toned (but the one that isn't makes a good bronzer)
Logan A.
Logan A.
Jacksonville, FL
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette
This was my first contouring palette, I've had it for almost a year, and I still really like it! I use it most days of the week and haven't hit pan yet on any of the shades so they're definitely really pigmented. They're so blendable and look so natural on the skin. Some contour pigments make my contour look like mud but this looks incredible natural. Unfortunately I really only use one of the shades, the neutral contouring color, out of the whole palette, so sometimes it can be a hassle to travel around with for only one shade which is primarily why I'm giving it four stars instead of five! But the shades are perfect staples for a contouring palette, they're high quality and you get a variety (a contour, two bronzers, a banana powder, and pinkish setting powder, and a highlight) and they're extremely pigmented so they last a long time! For anyone starting out with contouring this is definitely the best pick!
Brooklyn M.
Brooklyn M.
Lake Elsinore, CA
Review for: Light to Medium
I give this a 3 because for the price I don't think it's worth it, you do get a fair amount of product but there's not much of a shade variety. I love the yellow toned one because it suites my complexion but the contour shades are too warm and reddish toned for my taste, I like cool shades for my contour . I have very deep yellow tones so usually foundations and powders etc are the hardest for my to find. The pigment of the highlight shades isn't the greatest but I believe it's also to reduce the white glare in photos. The darker shades blend pretty well in my opinion, those who struggle may just need a better brush or more experience. I think you can buy a cheaper alternative and get just the same result/ quality so if you can't get this palette it's not a huge miss
Elisa H.
Elisa H.
Clearfield, UT
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette
AMAZING CONTOUR PALETTE! You get 6 shades but there are about 12 more available that can be popped in and out and customized to your needs. The colors feel like the silkiest silt you've ever felt. They have blurring effect that diffuses light and hides imperfections, which is a plus if you're going to be highlighting certain features. I do find the palette pricey, but I think all of these mid and high end makeups are outageously priced when you think about it these powders are worth more than gold per ounce! That's crazy! But most of us just buy it anyway and it's only worth what we are willing to pay and many of us obviously have been willing to fork over $40 bucks. Then again, it makes you look 10lbs slimmer if you contour correctly. ..that is priceless!

Ivona D.
Ivona D.
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette
I was a beginner at doing my makeup when I first brought this item. This pallet was the best thing to happen to me. I learned the do's and don'ts while buying it. The best thing to do is to make sure you get the correct color tones for your skin and then play with it to find what works best for you. I notice everyone seems to try and copy how everyone else looks.(thats why we have a lot of people looking like Kylie Jenner) Learn whats best for you. The pallet is going to cost about $40-$50 so it is exspensive, but is very pigmented and worth the price. I would buy again 100%. I even made my mother and grandmother get one, because they loved it so much. (My pallet is currently looking like its gotten run over by a truck because of how much I use it.)
Bethany W.
Bethany W.
Byron, IL
Which is better, cream or powder?
Cheyenne M.
Cheyenne M.
Killeen, TX
This is a powder or liquid I'm so confused
Dani B.
Dani B.
Ames, IA
Where do you even begin when you're learning to contour?
Autumn W.
Autumn W.
Is this a cream or powder?
Elizabeth Z.
Elizabeth Z.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this contour pallets stay on your face well ?? I've. Wen wanting to buy it and will be soon !