Anastasia Beverly Hills The Original Contour KitInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS #2 in Contouring Kits

A sleek palette with six shades: three for highlighting and three for contouring. This collectible contouring kit features six blendable formulas to sculpt and define features. The darker shades are ideal for shading and defining, while the lighter shades are perfect for sculpting and enhancing features. Removable and refillable, the set contains all the shades you need to expertly emphasize your eyes, cheekbones, nose, and jawline.

Choose the kit that matches your skintone:

• Light to Medium: Vanilla, (pale cream), Banana (pale yellow), Sand (radiant chiffon), Java (mocha), Fawn (tawny), and Havana (warm russet).
  • Medium to Tan: 10K (sheer gold), Peaches & Cream (bright peach), Macchiato (golden tan), Nutmeg (warm sand), Havana (warm russet), and Espresso (rich chocolate).
  • Deep: Earth (deep golden brown), Cinnamon (reddish brown), Espresso (rich chocolate), Latte (radiant cream), Nutmeg (warm sand), and L'Orange (vivid orange).

• Kat von D or Anastasiađź’• Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palet...2 Answers
  • I didn't try using contour before. I am going through this! I lov...2 Answers
  • Where do you even begin when you're learning to contour?25 Answers
Reviews (11970)
Buy on Sephora*
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Review for: Light To Medium
I absolutely love this thing. I have extremely oily skin with a lot of texture, acne and large pores. I usually don't follow the trends as I grew up when you had to experiment to learn makeup and I feel that its boring how everyone does exactly the same thing all the time. I like watching tutorials to learn technique but color and how I use the colors and techniques are always based on my creativity.
I still decided to try contouring. In my own logical way of course. I needed a powder so it wouldn't clog my pores. And I needed the colors to be that I could just apply them lightly and blend out quickly and be exactly what I expected instead of wasting product using way too much and trying to blend that out like that makes sense since you can always add more.
I'm about ready to buy new pans and some of the colors aren't exactly easy to find. I've already replaced a contour shade but finding the middle top light shade has proved elusive at best. Thats a bit annoying since the reason I went for this palette is because you can slowly replace as you need to instead of having to buy an entire new palette every time you run out of a main color. But sephora doesn't carry it and I want my points so thats frustrating.
When it comes down to formula its pretty good. These colors make it easy to contour and bronze and highlight and even color correct all from one palette. For example the top middle color is a light, cream yellow. I use it under my eyes and it takes away darkness. I also use it on my nose and forehead and chin to set my makeup there and to take away any redness that my base didn't. Its my holy grail. The contour shades are great for adding a little warmth or contouring no matter your skin color or undertone. The highlight shade is very pretty and shimmery pearly white without being too loud and glittery. Its literally an all in one and you won't want for anything else except maybe a blush.
Its in a kind of heavy type of cardboard case about as big as my hand from longest finger tip to bottom of palm. I have average sized hands. It does have a pretty sturdy and reliable magnetic closure and even after a year the closure is still as good as new. But the laminate on the front is starting to wrinkle which is a little weird but not super important. So overall I would say this is very travel friendly.
The pan sizes are brush friendly.
The colors are great for contouring eyes as eyeshadow or face or using as a bronzer or color corrector. It really is a great kit with some uniquely made quality colors and finishes. The powder doesn't last very long on my super oily face but it probably would on dry or normal skin. I definitely recommend to anyone.
Madeline B.
Caroga Lake, NY
Review for: Light To Medium
I have owned so many contour kits, and this one is one of the top ones I've tried. Overall, I do like it and would recommend it, but I will break down the pros and cons for anyone interested!

PROS
-Shade Options- there are light-deep options which make it POC inclusive
-Refillable- you can order a new pan if you use up a shade
-Customizable- you can create your own custom kit online
-Pigment- it is nicely pigmented. It's not the most pigmented one I've tried, but it's not bad by ANY means
-Easy to use- because it's not overloaded with pigment, it's easy for beginners and makes contouring less intimidating
-Texture- the powders are nice and soft and bendable
-Multi Use- contouring, highlighting, bronzing, yellow to set undereyes, and even makes great eye shadow for a contoured eye look! Also can be used in brows!

CONS
-I'm not a huge fan of the packaging
- Not all of the 'contour shades' are very cool toned (but the one that isn't makes a good bronzer)
Shacini M.
Pittsburgh, PA
Review for: Light To Medium
I have rebought this pallet twice now. I absolutely love how the powder blends in to your skin and you can create the perfect soft contour if you're going for a more natural look- or you can layer away to get super definition and no matter how crazy it looks at first (we've all been there) you can just blend and blend and the powder just ends up working out. I think it's because it just blends so well and the shades compliment your skin tone so well because you can mix around and get the perfect shade!
I am biracial and can go from rather light skinned to very tan and this kit has worked perfectly for me no matter how light or dark I am
Abby C.
Huntingtown, MD
Review for: Light To Medium
This was the first contour palette that I ever bought, and I have rebought it twice now.  The shades are perfect!  The banana shade is perfect for setting under your eyes, and it has warm and cool toned bronzer shades for bronzing and contour.  And they blend out perfectly! It's nothing too dramatic, just a nice, natural contour (which I LOVE).  The packaging is nice and sleek, but does get dirty very easily because of the color and material of the packaging.  Also - while this palette retails for $40 I believe, it has been going on sale lately for around $20 so I've been stocking up, and I suggest you do too!
jillian n.
Beauty Junkie Expert
When I ventured into contouring, this was the first product I tried. The colors were... unimpressive - none of them worked on my skin tone, which is weird because I didn't think I had such a unique complexion. The pigmentation wasn't great, either. I ended up returning the product and getting something else ; there is a chance that I could have had a bad batch, but I was so down and out that I didn't have the will to try again. I've tried other ABH products and loved them, but this was a bummer.
Briana S.
Review for: Light To Medium, Medium To Tan
This was my first contour palette ever! Although I do not reach for this as much, it will still be one of my favorites. First off, I love how there are three palettes to choose from, this allows various contour shades to choose from! I also love the shades of the contour and the highlight. This is probably one of the few contour palettes that I actually use almost all of the shades. The packaging is nice , but can get dirty quickly because of the material. That doesn’t bother me though. This palette is magnetic so you are able to replace the pan when you run out instead of buying a whole new palette! The contour shades apply easily as well as the highlight shades. The banana shade is my absolute favorite for my under-eye and to clean up my cheek contour! Overall , a great powder contour especially is your a first timer !
Nicole F.
All of the positive reviews on this product are warranted. Still the best contour kit I’ve used. This kit is great if your skin changes color (e.g. you tan in the summer and need a darker color) but if you’re like me and your skin stays pretty much the same shade year round, it’s good to purchase initially to find which colors you like to work with the most, but for future purchases I’d rather just buy the colors I use instead of the entire palette.
Krystal T.
Review for: Medium To Tan
I use the darkest color in the medium to tan contour kit. This was bought at my local sephora. The color apply nicely and easily blend. It’s decently priced at $40 but I believe it is well worth the money if you are in need of a contour kit that has everything. The kit has 6 shades; 2 lighter shades, 1 in between, 1 highlight, and 2 contouring one. I use the darkest contour shade m. The thing keeping it from 5 stars is that the darkest contour shade is a little more red than I like and the other shade is just a little to dark for those days I want to contour the crap out of my face. The highlight has a beautiful color to it and is just the right color for any under tone. Of course I like a more blinding highlight, so I have kind of stopped using the highlight in the kit. But my go to highlight kit is still with the Anastasia brand. Overall, this kit is part of my go-to collection.
Anna S.
Review for: Light To Medium
As someone with pretty fair skin, I was a bit worried the darker shades would be too dark and too orange for my skin but they’re actually the perfect shades! The darkest shade is definitely too dark for me right now but it’ll be perfect when I self tan in the summer.

The formula applies beautifully without looking streaky and it doesn’t have the unnatural look contouring can have sometimes. It’s a pretty light powder but it isn’t so powdery that you get a lot of kick up, so there isn’t a lot of wasted product from tapping your brush in the pan.

The packaging is perfect too! I love when ABH face palettes have the dips that allow you to pull out the pans and I wish the 6 pan highlighting palettes were packaged like this. I love that replacement pans can be purchased so I won’t have to buy a whole new palette when I go through one of the pans. The only downside is that there’s no mirror.
Tatiana M.
Review for: Light To Medium
I really wanted to love this product, but unfortunately it's ended up all the way in the back of my drawer. I love Anastasia, but this has to be my least favorite product from them. You really have to dig hard into the product to get a good amount on the brush since the powder is rather dry and there is little to no kickback. If I'm trying to get ready quickly, this palette will definitely make me late because it just doesn't seem to work. If you're someone who loves to gradually build color, then by all means, get this because it's definitely buildable, but I prefer something with some kickback and a soft feel to it since I know it'll pick up easily on my brush. I only recently used it for my Halloween look (I was a zombie bride). I gave this three stars because it comes with a good amount of product and the packaging is sleek, which is perfect for travelling. Besides that, this is a no for me
Bethany W.
Byron, IL
Which is better, cream or powder?
Cheyenne M.
Killeen, TX
This is a powder or liquid I'm so confused
Dani B.
Ames, IA
Where do you even begin when you're learning to contour?
Autumn W.
Seminole, OK
Is this a cream or powder?
Elizabeth Z.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this contour pallets stay on your face well ?? I've. Wen wanting to buy it and will be soon !