BY ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS #74 in Eyeshadow Palettes

An essential eye shadow collection, Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Palette features 14 shades that range from grungy mattes to bold metallics with an underground edge. Complement to best-selling Modern Renaissance Palette.

Full pigment and easy-to-blend formula
14 shades with ultra-matte, duo chrome and metallic finishes

• Subculture or Modern Renaissance ?47 Answers
  • Do you guys like the Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture E...3 Answers
  • So I want to know if ABH Subculture Palette has a lot of ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "Subculture palette is so buttery and pigmented. Perfect for fall looks. Works well with other colors and easy to blend. Definitely another amazing palette from Anastasia. Sister of Modern Renaissance. This palette is highly recommended! Swipe for swatches. @Influenster #contest #influensterawards" in 572 reviews
HaleyAnn B.
Livingston, TN
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
I bought this palette because the colors were beautiful and they swatch just wonderfully, with the exception of the white shade due to its light color. I was so excited when I received this, but sadly I should have listened to all the reviews I had watched on YouTube. This product either has shades that has way to much fall out or shades that are too tightly pressed so you can’t get any pigment out of them. The darker shades have extreme amounts of pigment, but if you put too much on don’t fret because with any light blending they will just brush right off. I was finally able to get an eye shadow look I was semi happy with, but it took extreme effort and patience. I would literally buy any other palette before this one since you have to put so much work into it and 60% of the shades are terrible. I will list my comments on each individual share.

Cube- This shade is what I was most excited for and you can barely see it even if you foil it.
Roxy- This shade is peachier than first glance and has a decent amount of fall out, but overall I would use it again.
Dawn- It is true to color and applies well, but does have fallout.
Electric- This shadow is a dream. Don’t bother with foil, just use your finger to apply and it completely makes any look. I will use this again just for this one shade.
Destiny- This shade is too tightly packed and has very little pigment on the eye.
Fudge- This one has major fall out and is easily wiped away.
Adorn- This shade is the same as Electric.
New Wave- Major fall out, but such a good color.
All Star- I have not played too much with this shade, but it did have a lot of fall out.
Untamed- same as All Star.
Mercury- This one has some much pigment, but it just wipes away when blending.
Edge- This color is pressed to tightly is barely had pigment, but the pigment that does some off is the color of puke.
Axis- same as All Star.
Rowdy- This one does have pigment and looks nice, but has a lot of fall out.

I hope this helps!
Nicole A.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
So I'm going to give as much of an in-depth review of this palette as best as I can with tips and tricks on how I personally use it as well!!
Normally I would of bought Subculture as soon as it launched,however my finances have been tight due to a number of life issues!! Even after it launched and all the negativity behind the palette came out, it still did not change my mind, it made me more anxious to try it out for myself🤗🤗
So to start i want to express that the matte shades are indeed soft pressed pigments 100%, I've worked with matte loose pigments many times and compared them to MAC Pigment Colour Powder Eye Shadow Teal (for Women) and M.A.C Cosmetics Pigment among quite a few other loose Mac matte pigments I do own!!! I used These 2 for reference because they are similar in shade range!!
Now in the Subculture palette these shades are inspired by a grunge look which I totally get in the concept and set up of the palette.
With that being said most of the matte shades are dark in tone especially Axis (dirty teal) Rowdy ( dirty eggplant) Destiny ( dirty olive) and so on!!
Adorne and electric are so unique both shimmer shades that are stunning and perform amazing for a halo eye or right under the brow bone for a pop of unique shimmer!!😄😄
Now I'm going to explain just how I made this palette My Woman lol!!
1st of being soft pressed pigments you have to be careful of just how you go about getting the product on your brush, if these were loose pigments and I just dove right into the jar with the brush a disaster would occur😮😮 That disaster being a huge mess all over my face and eye lids!!!
So think of this palette in the same aspect be careful just lightly tap your brush because these colors are 100% pure and super soft!!!
Now I personally prime my eye 1st with
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and then I lay down a thin layer of NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in milk and sheer it down with a flat shader brush all over my lids
Next I take a Chikuhodo brush from the passion series it's a rather large blending brush you can view it on Beautylish.com and take a shade from the palette and softly run it up through my crease to the corner of the eye, I do not have fallout from any of the shades except All-star which is a difficult shade when used in the crease!!
Then I take another Chikuhodo brush from the AF series #5 and pick another shade to apply on the lid, again I go it lightly but use more of a patting motion for the lid itself!!!
Now here is where it gets tricky but only my opinion, I do not recommend using more then 2 of the matte shades in this palette for a completed look!! I say this because pigments applied in to many different colors at a time will result in a muddy looking crease and will pull from each other and oxidize!!! This happens with loose pigments as well not just the Subculture palette.
With this palette I find the darker shades work the best on the lids only as i find the lighter ones to work quite well in the crease which is different from how you would use a traditional palette!!
When working with the darker shades as strictly lid colors I recommend just slightly dampening your brush and use a patting motion rather then a sweeping motion.
For the shimmer shades I recommend laying down
L Too Faced Glitter Glue Shadow Primer 1st in the exact spot you want to use them in and also apply in a patting motion, I find a detail brush works best for this it really picks up product and places it exact!!!
I have a few cons with this palette though, 1st being the color cube ( the shimmer pink) it hardly shows up no matter how you use it, also with all star ( the dirty burgandy) The color when swatched and in the pan looks completely different from the way it appears on the eye it pulls so much more brown🤔🤔
Overall this palette may be challenging to some and easier for others!!
I think it's unique and something I will continue to use on a regular basis!!😎😎😎 The shades I pointed to with the arrows are my absolute FAVORITE ( wait till you play with the oranges!!!)
Payden C.
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
Just like everyone I was SUPER skeptical about this product, I even bought a makeup revolution dupe. I think how the situation was handled by the company was ridiculous, but because of their other products they were able to redeem themselves. With this palette it is INTENSELY PIGMENTED, you literally barely tap into a pan and you can take the shade pretty much down your arm. Because of this, there is quite a bit of fall-out, but if that's the price of buttery and pigmented eyeshadows, then it's no big deal to me. I am not sure if they just had bad batches at first, because I know it worked for some (Like atleeey and tina halada on youtube) but was TERRIBLE for others (jeffree star and alissa ashley). The issue was probably looked into because I bought my palette for $30 at TJ Maxx thinking if it didn't work well, it is not full price at least. But when I tried it with a light hand, tapping off excess product, it was so amazing. They blended seamlessly, and even with a cut crease the shadows didn't skip or grey out. I believe that issue has been resolved, but the only reason I'm giving it 4/5 is because of how they handled the situation and I wish the brush was a bit softer. But honestly I really do love this, one of my favorites after being so anti about it at the beginning. Other intricate reviews you can check out are by Stephanie Nicole and Samantha Ravndahl
Nicole A.
Baltimore
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
This palette really spoke to me when it was released. I loved modern renaissance and the color scheme of this palette is beautiful so I rushed out to pick it up. I was extremely disappointed. It is so pigmented that it makes the shadow nearly impossible to blend. I spent so much time trying to get my shadow blended and it still looked patchy where you initially sat the color down. My arms were literally on fire after trying to blend these out and get a wearable look. There are some colors that also show up much differently on your lids than in the pan, particularly the greenish shades. I love the packaging as it looks really classy but it does get dirty pretty easily given that it is velvet and the shadows have so much fallout and kick back. I think this palette is best with basic looks using no more than two colors.  Anything more than that and you end up with a muddy, patchy mess and spending a ridiculous amount of time blending.  I am going to keep trying to use this palette since I spent $42 on it and hope that I can find a way to make this work but at this time, I am doubtful.  I would not recommend - there are so many dups out there that perform much better so if you are fan of the color scheme, I would recommend looking at some of the dups available.  My personal favorite has been the Makeup Revolution Iconic Division palette!  It is definitely worth checking out and the price tag is $7!
Thy J.
Newark, NJ
Review for: Subculture Eyeshadow Palette, Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
Okay let me say this this is my first Anastasia Beverly Hills palette and I'm in love with it. The pigmentation is so strong you barely need to tap your brush in to get your color . when blending you should make sure that you set your eyeshadow base with a setting powder like a Laura Mercier or rcma no color powder. When you do this you will find that the colors blend wonderfully and I will say I used this palette with only natural hair brushes and I must say I'm in love. I just created a look with Mercury as a transition shade then All-Star to give it a little bit of spice and depth and then at the crease line I let it get a little Rowdy and then on the lid I covered my base with a blend of Dawn and Fudge and then over top of that I took Cube and went halfway over the lid I went back and put all star on the outer corner of the lid and then topped it with Cube 3/4 of the way leaving the fourth-quarter smokey. I had no problems blending these eyeshadows and if anything because the Shadows were so potent I was able to complete the look so much faster. This to date has been the easiest eyeshadow palette for me to work with. If you're heavy-handed this palette is not for you but if you have a delicate hand this palette can be your friend
Isabel S.
Lexington, KY
I bought the palette disregarding the mixed reviews. I swatched the colors at the store and they had beautiful color and pigment. When swatched with my finger the colors didnt have a lot of fall out so i went a head and bought it so I could use for my sons first Birthday.
So came Saturday I was looking for a greenish smokey eye look so decided to use the palette to give it a try. Lets say that I was very disappointed the fallout is excessive. With your finger there is none but when you tap it just a little, a light tap the fall out on the shadow alone just the palette is like you have dug into the color, like you have used it often. Not even my go to palette looks like that! Lets not start with the fall out on the eye. After I was done with my makeup there was a lot to clean up under my eyes and on my cheeks. And as the night progressed the fall out continued. The more you layer the eye shadow the worse it comes out. you can tap the excess product off but that doesn't help the fallout. It took twice the time to blend it out and get the look done and a lot of patience. I may give it another shot, but if someone asks if they should get it i will tell them exactly the pros and cons and if they willing to give that extra time and work and so they know that it may run out quicker with the fallout when lightly tapping the product with a brush and the rest that is included. Very disappointed.
Alexis D.
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
I hate to admit this but, the only reason I bought this palette was because Sephora was having a 50% off sale on the ABH Subculture palette which I thought was a steal. If I absolutely hated the palette (which I knew I wouldn’t) it was only 21 dollars that would be wasted. I know this got a lot of bad reviews based on the amount fallout of the shadows but the thing is, you do not need to dig your brush into the shadows to get the color, these are SO pigmented that you only just need to lightly dab your brush into the shadows to get a good amount of the product and not get as much fallout. I am disappointed in myself that I waited so long to purchase such a beautiful product that clearly had so much effort put into it. The shades really work so well together and are creamy and pigmented. This is definitely my favorite palette and an underrated palette in the ABH collection.
Dana B.
Louisville, KY
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
I know some people hated this palette because of the fall out. I didn't find that to be a big problem because I feel like their eyes shadows are more of a pigment then a shadow. I just didn't give it a super high score because it wasn't very inspirational. And that could be because it came on the back of the Renaissance palette which is everybody's holy Grail it seems to be and one of mine. But it's just not a palette that I reach for all the time and if I had the chance to go back and re write my Modern Renaissance review at say the same thing that I'm saying here. ABH needs to change their packaging the felt feel of these packages always in sub looking nasty you can't clean them you can't scrub them and I shadow whether there's fall out or no fall out always makes a pallet dirty and it means to be able to be cleaned. I know it's kind of their uniqueness by to me I don't like to take it out in public when it's dirty so I'm not gonna travel with it I'm not gonna take it somewhere were somebody's going to be able to see it I'm not going to take it with me when I go to the gym to re apply my make up. So I really feel like it hurts their product more than any type of fall out. The shadows good quality the packaging horrible.
Alyssa G.
manteca
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
Okay so i actually purchased this palette with my own money. Now before i start let me say this... i had never once watched a review on the product i literally just picked it up because it had a yellow shade and I LOVE YELLOW. Now going into this i was pretty excited and also not knowing when i would ever use it. But me being me i bought it anyway because you can’t take money with ya so spend it all sissy. So i return home and decide I’m gonna watch a video on it to get some inspiration... all i could find were negative reviews, nothing positive. But all i have to say is this pallet does powder a lot but it does take a lot of patience. This palette is not for someone on the go ready to do their makeup in 10. It’s for someone who has time to blend A LOT. I actually loved this look and was pretty excited and use it often. Although the velvet packaging does it get messed up so quick i was shook. But i do have to give this product a three star review only because of the time and patience it took to create this look. 🧡
Christina G.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Amazing. I was skeptical to buy this because of all the bad hype this product got from Youtubers but I feel like all of them are all being little whiny drama queens for views. Yes, it is very powdery, even more so than my Modern Renaissance palette, but BOY is it pigmented!! You need the LIGHTEST hand with the shadows. They are super pigmented and very very blendable. Now, the trick with this palette is that. It has very odd and kind of has opposite shades (like how blue is opposite of orange), so if you blend those two colors together, you will get an ugly muddy color and it will lose the blue and orange that you originally put. So because of this, you need to stop yourself from overblending when placing those tricky opposite colors. Just place the shadow where you want it, and lightly blend the edges, but do NOT overblend, or you will get muddy looking eyeshadow. A lot of beauty gurus don't seem to recognize this issue when they're review this product and its really silly to me. Ignore the bad hype. If you're attracted to the colors in this palette and you know how to do makeup ( im not an make up artist lol), just get it.
Samantha B.
Subculture or Modern Renaissance ?
Haley M.
Which is better? Modern Renaissance or Subculture?
Xiomara R.
Bronx, NY
Should I purchase this palette or the Modern Renaissance one?
Marium S.
Shannon C.
Is the packaging on this palette suede or no ?