BY ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS #99 in Eyeshadow Palettes

An essential eye shadow collection, Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Palette features 14 shades that range from grungy mattes to bold metallics with an underground edge. Complement to best-selling Modern Renaissance Palette.

Full pigment and easy-to-blend formula
14 shades with ultra-matte, duo chrome and metallic finishes

Buy on Sephora*
HaleyAnn B.
Livingston, TN
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
I bought this palette because the colors were beautiful and they swatch just wonderfully, with the exception of the white shade due to its light color. I was so excited when I received this, but sadly I should have listened to all the reviews I had watched on YouTube. This product either has shades that has way to much fall out or shades that are too tightly pressed so you can’t get any pigment out of them. The darker shades have extreme amounts of pigment, but if you put too much on don’t fret because with any light blending they will just brush right off. I was finally able to get an eye shadow look I was semi happy with, but it took extreme effort and patience. I would literally buy any other palette before this one since you have to put so much work into it and 60% of the shades are terrible. I will list my comments on each individual share.

Cube- This shade is what I was most excited for and you can barely see it even if you foil it.
Roxy- This shade is peachier than first glance and has a decent amount of fall out, but overall I would use it again.
Dawn- It is true to color and applies well, but does have fallout.
Electric- This shadow is a dream. Don’t bother with foil, just use your finger to apply and it completely makes any look. I will use this again just for this one shade.
Destiny- This shade is too tightly packed and has very little pigment on the eye.
Fudge- This one has major fall out and is easily wiped away.
Adorn- This shade is the same as Electric.
New Wave- Major fall out, but such a good color.
All Star- I have not played too much with this shade, but it did have a lot of fall out.
Untamed- same as All Star.
Mercury- This one has some much pigment, but it just wipes away when blending.
Edge- This color is pressed to tightly is barely had pigment, but the pigment that does some off is the color of puke.
Axis- same as All Star.
Rowdy- This one does have pigment and looks nice, but has a lot of fall out.

I hope this helps!
Nicole A.
Las Vegas , NV
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
So I'm going to give as much of an in-depth review of this palette as best as I can with tips and tricks on how I personally use it as well!!
Normally I would of bought Subculture as soon as it launched,however my finances have been tight due to a number of life issues!! Even after it launched and all the negativity behind the palette came out, it still did not change my mind, it made me more anxious to try it out for myself🤗🤗
So to start i want to express that the matte shades are indeed soft pressed pigments 100%, I've worked with matte loose pigments many times and compared them to MAC Pigment Colour Powder Eye Shadow Teal (for Women) and MAC Cosmetics MAC Pigment ~Brash & Bold~ 4.5 G among quite a few other loose Mac matte pigments I do own!!! I used These 2 for reference because they are similar in shade range!!
Now in the Subculture palette these shades are inspired by a grunge look which I totally get in the concept and set up of the palette.
With that being said most of the matte shades are dark in tone especially Axis (dirty teal) Rowdy ( dirty eggplant) Destiny ( dirty olive) and so on!!
Adorne and electric are so unique both shimmer shades that are stunning and perform amazing for a halo eye or right under the brow bone for a pop of unique shimmer!!😄😄
Now I'm going to explain just how I made this palette My Woman lol!!
1st of being soft pressed pigments you have to be careful of just how you go about getting the product on your brush, if these were loose pigments and I just dove right into the jar with the brush a disaster would occur😮😮 That disaster being a huge mess all over my face and eye lids!!!
So think of this palette in the same aspect be careful just lightly tap your brush because these colors are 100% pure and super soft!!!
Now I personally prime my eye 1st with
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and then I lay down a thin layer of NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in milk and sheer it down with a flat shader brush all over my lids
Next I take a Chikuhodo brush from the passion series it's a rather large blending brush you can view it on Beautylish.com and take a shade from the palette and softly run it up through my crease to the corner of the eye, I do not have fallout from any of the shades except All-star which is a difficult shade when used in the crease!!
Then I take another Chikuhodo brush from the AF series #5 and pick another shade to apply on the lid, again I go it lightly but use more of a patting motion for the lid itself!!!
Now here is where it gets tricky but only my opinion, I do not recommend using more then 2 of the matte shades in this palette for a completed look!! I say this because pigments applied in to many different colors at a time will result in a muddy looking crease and will pull from each other and oxidize!!! This happens with loose pigments as well not just the Subculture palette.
With this palette I find the darker shades work the best on the lids only as i find the lighter ones to work quite well in the crease which is different from how you would use a traditional palette!!
When working with the darker shades as strictly lid colors I recommend just slightly dampening your brush and use a patting motion rather then a sweeping motion.
For the shimmer shades I recommend laying down
L Too Faced Glitter Glue Shadow Primer 1st in the exact spot you want to use them in and also apply in a patting motion, I find a detail brush works best for this it really picks up product and places it exact!!!
I have a few cons with this palette though, 1st being the color cube ( the shimmer pink) it hardly shows up no matter how you use it, also with all star ( the dirty burgandy) The color when swatched and in the pan looks completely different from the way it appears on the eye it pulls so much more brown🤔🤔
Overall this palette may be challenging to some and easier for others!!
I think it's unique and something I will continue to use on a regular basis!!😎😎😎 The shades I pointed to with the arrows are my absolute FAVORITE ( wait till you play with the oranges!!!)
Olivia R.
Orange Ct
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
I was totally unimpressed with this palette. Although the pigment is definitely there, and the colors are gorgeous, the fallout is worse than I have experienced from any other "high end" eyeshadow palettes.  Almost all of the colors came out like snow when I swirled my brush around in them. This also became an issue because when I tried to dip my brush into them and give the palette the benefit of the doubt, the colors grabbed my brush way too much ( I use morphe brushes) and the pigment was way too incredibly there. I was a little confused because I have tried both the prism palette and the Modern Renaissance palette and have never experienced such issues. I have heard that to aid these issues you can apply a certain primer, or too faced glitter glue, or even repress the whole dang palette!!! In my opinion, you should never have to go through all of that trouble for a $42 dollar palette. ABH is definitely more of the affordable side, compared to brands like mac, too faced, Natasha Denona,  and most other brands found somewhere like Sephora where there aren't any drugstore products. ( This is also available at Ulta/.com) This is true, but for a palette of this quality, I just do not think that $42 dollars are worth it, unless, of course, ABH decides to kick up the formula on this palette, possible the same on in the Modern Renaissance palette. I did not enjoy this product, and would not recommend it, however, this one flop will not stop me from purchasing ABH, for most everything else I have tried from them I had loved, and everyone makes mistakes.
Natalie R.
Renton, WA
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
Let me start by saying i dont mean to offend anyone with what im about to say and if you hate this palette than so be it. But this may be one of my all time favorite palettes and im so disappointed in the hate bandwagon everyone jumped on with this palette. This is a pressed pigments palette, meaning the shades are pretty much loose pigments that are lightly pressed for convenience. They are meant to be used sparingly and gently, this isnt like modern ren where you have to dig in to get payoff, this is a gently pat and tap off kind of palette. while i agree Anastasia should have come out with a warning on the learning curve with this palette before the launch, i think it is childish and unprofessional to throw a palette away or not give it a chance like so many beauty bloggers did, just because it isnt like every other palette. -IF YOU HAVE NOT PURCHASED THIS PALETTE BECAUSE OF THE BAD REVIEWS PLEASE KNOW THAT WITH PROPER CARE THIS IS THE MOST STUNNING PALETTE EVER, IF YOU DONT DIG AND SWIRL YOUR BRUSH IN THE PIGMENT, IT BLENDS OUT BEAUTIFULLY AND THE COLORS ARE RICH AND VIBRANT AND BEAUTIFUL-I will say on a negative note though, there are a few colors in this palette (the burgundy and army green) that if happen to get wet like with concealer or setting spray they will react weird and almost turn black. but the yellows and blues/purples in this palette are my all time favorites and i feel like i need to get another before its gone forever! Pic is a quick look I did with this palette, without lashes
Carley S.
Bohemia , NY
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
First of all I'm no make up artist. I'm just your regular make up enthusiast. So that being said I tested the shadows in store. The colors are beautiful. Like others have said the combination of colors are inspirational to anyone open to create imaginative looks. So don't get this if your not into make up play/ experimentation. I experienced a small amount of kick back but nothing unusually weird. As compared to my morphe shadows they are about the same. As of blending the shadows blended so well. The mattes are Very pigmented that should be built up slowly. Remember this process will go slow. You can't blend out/ blow out the shadows right away. They must be built up and then lightly and gently blended to get the best results. The metallic shades are best applied with fingers or a very tiny wet dense brush. I Love it but, not beginner friendly. Im giving it a 5 because the pigmentation is outstanding. But it is up to you the user to decide if this amount of experimentation is worth it for your and your money.
Anastassia G.
Stanwood, WA
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
I am NOT mad at the subculture palette at all! And this is without a primer!!! I was blessed with this palette for my birthday and i am so pleased with the look i got out of it today, yes you need to be patient, yes there will be cleanup so do your eyes first, don't use a brush for more then one color, you'll end up messy and muddy looking, pack in each color individually then blend....Honestly I really think that a lot of people that had issues with the blending and patchiness and stuff with this product probably are using the wrong primer or had too much foundation caked over their eyelid. this went on beautifully with absolutely no primer cuz i was too excited to play and there was also no oxidation for me. I really think this palette didn't deserve the negative crap they are getting from the masses, even tati s latest video was kinda snooty with her sarcastic, "can't sit at our table" gif joke... don't get me wrong, I love tati, but come on, a real makeup artist should have been able to make this palette work... I did and I'm a nobody. Anyways I'm in love and there's no regrets for my birthday request in getting this unique wonder. #abh #subculture #anastasiabeverlyhills #mua #oilslick #blend #patience #colorclearsthemind #bored #play #makeupisart #makeupcrazy
Lisa H.
Staten Island, NY
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
SO! There has been so much controversy over this palette and I won’t lie I didn’t buy it right away due to that. I received this palette as a gift over the holidays, and I was really excited to try it out. Yes it does have fallout and yes some of the colors are hard to use. I’m talking to you cube!

BUT! There are some beautiful colors in here ladies. Destiny (in photo), roxy is gorgeous, dawn is a classic lid shade and new wave is so much fun.

The glitter shades are disappointing but electric and adorn are beautiful when you can get them to work.

Overall, I will say this is definitely not for beginners and not for people that are looking for an everyday palette. You need to love color! I do like this product and I think a four star rating is a fair score, 1 Star is a little silly but I get it trust me. If you were going into purchasing this product thinking it was going to be another modern renaissance, then I get your disappointment. Hope this review was helpful and stay gorgeous ladies! ;)
Jennie I.
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
I'm never a stranger to having unpopular opinions and this palette is no exception. Subculture has by far been one of the most controversial beauty launches this year and was widely panned on YouTube and quite frankly... I don't get the harsh reviews! The color palette is so beautiful. I can see where issues would arise if you're getting too much product on the brush. If you get too much, you WILL have fallout. True, these are very powdery but most intensely pigmented shadows are. I love being able to barely dip my brush into a shade and it fully saturate the brush with pigment, makes me feel like I'm really getting my money's worth! I've also had no issues blending. That being said, I don't reach for this one every single day. Is it a horrible palette? In my opinion, absolutely not. If you are interested in Subculture, just keep in mind that this might not be a great palette for beginners and you MUST tread lightly.
Lana H.
Tulsa
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
I have seen a lot of negative reviews on this product, but I thought the problem may have lied with the technique people used to apply the shadows rather than the actual shadows. I think the colors are beautiful so I decided to give it a try. Sadly, I was disappointed. First thing that I noticed is eyeshadow going everywhere when I lightly dipped my brush, so I dipped even lighter and powder still went everywhere. I started with the color “roxy” and then “all star” and blended them. The eyeshadow turned almost black when the two colors touched. I tried “electric” but it wouldn’t stick unless I wet my brush, but it looked really nice after that. The matte shadows are extremely powdery and I found them hard to blend out. I love the colors but I hated the formula that was used in this palette. I hope ABH switches back to their regular formula because they have some of the best eyeshadows other than this palette.
Jillian A.
Covington, LA
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
I decided to purchase this palette despite all of the negative reviews and backlash this received in youtube from various people. The colors seemed so unique to what I have in my collection already and very much like the perfect tones to have for some great fall looks. I surprisingly enough I ended up LOVING this palette! It has insane pigmentation, and isn't a palette for heavy handed application techniques or beginners. I am definitely not a beginner and normally apply my shadows with a light hand and build up my colors and blend everything so that its seamless. You also need to mindful​ of color theory, but this is a beautiful palette! If you use this correctly you can get so stunning looks! While it isn't perfect, I think this palette is way more workable than it was made out to be and the looks I've gotten with it, I absolutely love. Some of my favorite shades are roxy, axis, all-star, new wave, untamed ect. I will say you definitely need to apply the duo chrome shades with a wet brush and they need to be built up, unfortunately those shades are somewhat lackluster in comparison to the rest of the palette. Yes there is kickback but I also only have to dip my brush in to get full pigment on my brush. The mattes are again very pigmented and very soft. I agree that you shouldn't have tp change your method of application/brushes for 1 palette but if you like these shades its worth a little more effort for the pay off. I love the looks I've made and will continue to use this palette in rotation with my others. Especially this fall.
Samantha B.
Subculture or Modern Renaissance ?
Haley M.
Which is better? Modern Renaissance or Subculture?
Xiomara R.
Bronx, NY
Should I purchase this palette or the Modern Renaissance one?
EMMSAYS M.