BY ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS #84 in Eyeshadow Palettes

An essential eye shadow collection, Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Palette features 14 shades that range from grungy mattes to bold metallics with an underground edge. Complement to best-selling Modern Renaissance Palette.

Full pigment and easy-to-blend formula
14 shades with ultra-matte, duo chrome and metallic finishes

• Subculture or Modern Renaissance ?47 Answers
  • Do you guys like the Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture E...3 Answers
  • So I want to know if ABH Subculture Palette has a lot of ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "Subculture palette is so buttery and pigmented. Perfect for fall looks. Works well with other colors and easy to blend. Definitely another amazing palette from Anastasia. Sister of Modern Renaissance. This palette is highly recommended! Swipe for swatches. @Influenster #contest #influensterawards" in 572 reviews
HaleyAnn B.
Livingston, TN
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
I bought this palette because the colors were beautiful and they swatch just wonderfully, with the exception of the white shade due to its light color. I was so excited when I received this, but sadly I should have listened to all the reviews I had watched on YouTube. This product either has shades that has way to much fall out or shades that are too tightly pressed so you can’t get any pigment out of them. The darker shades have extreme amounts of pigment, but if you put too much on don’t fret because with any light blending they will just brush right off. I was finally able to get an eye shadow look I was semi happy with, but it took extreme effort and patience. I would literally buy any other palette before this one since you have to put so much work into it and 60% of the shades are terrible. I will list my comments on each individual share.

Cube- This shade is what I was most excited for and you can barely see it even if you foil it.
Roxy- This shade is peachier than first glance and has a decent amount of fall out, but overall I would use it again.
Dawn- It is true to color and applies well, but does have fallout.
Electric- This shadow is a dream. Don’t bother with foil, just use your finger to apply and it completely makes any look. I will use this again just for this one shade.
Destiny- This shade is too tightly packed and has very little pigment on the eye.
Fudge- This one has major fall out and is easily wiped away.
Adorn- This shade is the same as Electric.
New Wave- Major fall out, but such a good color.
All Star- I have not played too much with this shade, but it did have a lot of fall out.
Untamed- same as All Star.
Mercury- This one has some much pigment, but it just wipes away when blending.
Edge- This color is pressed to tightly is barely had pigment, but the pigment that does some off is the color of puke.
Axis- same as All Star.
Rowdy- This one does have pigment and looks nice, but has a lot of fall out.

I hope this helps!
Nicole A.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
So I'm going to give as much of an in-depth review of this palette as best as I can with tips and tricks on how I personally use it as well!!
Normally I would of bought Subculture as soon as it launched,however my finances have been tight due to a number of life issues!! Even after it launched and all the negativity behind the palette came out, it still did not change my mind, it made me more anxious to try it out for myself🤗🤗
So to start i want to express that the matte shades are indeed soft pressed pigments 100%, I've worked with matte loose pigments many times and compared them to MAC Pigment Colour Powder Eye Shadow Teal (for Women) and M.A.C Cosmetics Pigment among quite a few other loose Mac matte pigments I do own!!! I used These 2 for reference because they are similar in shade range!!
Now in the Subculture palette these shades are inspired by a grunge look which I totally get in the concept and set up of the palette.
With that being said most of the matte shades are dark in tone especially Axis (dirty teal) Rowdy ( dirty eggplant) Destiny ( dirty olive) and so on!!
Adorne and electric are so unique both shimmer shades that are stunning and perform amazing for a halo eye or right under the brow bone for a pop of unique shimmer!!😄😄
Now I'm going to explain just how I made this palette My Woman lol!!
1st of being soft pressed pigments you have to be careful of just how you go about getting the product on your brush, if these were loose pigments and I just dove right into the jar with the brush a disaster would occur😮😮 That disaster being a huge mess all over my face and eye lids!!!
So think of this palette in the same aspect be careful just lightly tap your brush because these colors are 100% pure and super soft!!!
Now I personally prime my eye 1st with
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and then I lay down a thin layer of NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in milk and sheer it down with a flat shader brush all over my lids
Next I take a Chikuhodo brush from the passion series it's a rather large blending brush you can view it on Beautylish.com and take a shade from the palette and softly run it up through my crease to the corner of the eye, I do not have fallout from any of the shades except All-star which is a difficult shade when used in the crease!!
Then I take another Chikuhodo brush from the AF series #5 and pick another shade to apply on the lid, again I go it lightly but use more of a patting motion for the lid itself!!!
Now here is where it gets tricky but only my opinion, I do not recommend using more then 2 of the matte shades in this palette for a completed look!! I say this because pigments applied in to many different colors at a time will result in a muddy looking crease and will pull from each other and oxidize!!! This happens with loose pigments as well not just the Subculture palette.
With this palette I find the darker shades work the best on the lids only as i find the lighter ones to work quite well in the crease which is different from how you would use a traditional palette!!
When working with the darker shades as strictly lid colors I recommend just slightly dampening your brush and use a patting motion rather then a sweeping motion.
For the shimmer shades I recommend laying down
L Too Faced Glitter Glue Shadow Primer 1st in the exact spot you want to use them in and also apply in a patting motion, I find a detail brush works best for this it really picks up product and places it exact!!!
I have a few cons with this palette though, 1st being the color cube ( the shimmer pink) it hardly shows up no matter how you use it, also with all star ( the dirty burgandy) The color when swatched and in the pan looks completely different from the way it appears on the eye it pulls so much more brown🤔🤔
Overall this palette may be challenging to some and easier for others!!
I think it's unique and something I will continue to use on a regular basis!!😎😎😎 The shades I pointed to with the arrows are my absolute FAVORITE ( wait till you play with the oranges!!!)
Nicole A.
Baltimore
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
This palette really spoke to me when it was released. I loved modern renaissance and the color scheme of this palette is beautiful so I rushed out to pick it up. I was extremely disappointed. It is so pigmented that it makes the shadow nearly impossible to blend. I spent so much time trying to get my shadow blended and it still looked patchy where you initially sat the color down. My arms were literally on fire after trying to blend these out and get a wearable look. There are some colors that also show up much differently on your lids than in the pan, particularly the greenish shades. I love the packaging as it looks really classy but it does get dirty pretty easily given that it is velvet and the shadows have so much fallout and kick back. I think this palette is best with basic looks using no more than two colors.  Anything more than that and you end up with a muddy, patchy mess and spending a ridiculous amount of time blending.  I am going to keep trying to use this palette since I spent $42 on it and hope that I can find a way to make this work but at this time, I am doubtful.  I would not recommend - there are so many dups out there that perform much better so if you are fan of the color scheme, I would recommend looking at some of the dups available.  My personal favorite has been the Makeup Revolution Iconic Division palette!  It is definitely worth checking out and the price tag is $7!
Isabel S.
Lexington, KY
Review for: Subculture Eyeshadow Palette, Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
I bought the palette disregarding the mixed reviews. I swatched the colors at the store and they had beautiful color and pigment. When swatched with my finger the colors didnt have a lot of fall out so i went a head and bought it so I could use for my sons first Birthday.
So came Saturday I was looking for a greenish smokey eye look so decided to use the palette to give it a try. Lets say that I was very disappointed the fallout is excessive. With your finger there is none but when you tap it just a little, a light tap the fall out on the shadow alone just the palette is like you have dug into the color, like you have used it often. Not even my go to palette looks like that! Lets not start with the fall out on the eye. After I was done with my makeup there was a lot to clean up under my eyes and on my cheeks. And as the night progressed the fall out continued. The more you layer the eye shadow the worse it comes out. you can tap the excess product off but that doesn't help the fallout. It took twice the time to blend it out and get the look done and a lot of patience. I may give it another shot, but if someone asks if they should get it i will tell them exactly the pros and cons and if they willing to give that extra time and work and so they know that it may run out quicker with the fallout when lightly tapping the product with a brush and the rest that is included. Very disappointed.
Payden C.
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
Just like everyone I was SUPER skeptical about this product, I even bought a makeup revolution dupe. I think how the situation was handled by the company was ridiculous, but because of their other products they were able to redeem themselves. With this palette it is INTENSELY PIGMENTED, you literally barely tap into a pan and you can take the shade pretty much down your arm. Because of this, there is quite a bit of fall-out, but if that's the price of buttery and pigmented eyeshadows, then it's no big deal to me. I am not sure if they just had bad batches at first, because I know it worked for some (Like atleeey and tina halada on youtube) but was TERRIBLE for others (jeffree star and alissa ashley). The issue was probably looked into because I bought my palette for $30 at TJ Maxx thinking if it didn't work well, it is not full price at least. But when I tried it with a light hand, tapping off excess product, it was so amazing. They blended seamlessly, and even with a cut crease the shadows didn't skip or grey out. I believe that issue has been resolved, but the only reason I'm giving it 4/5 is because of how they handled the situation and I wish the brush was a bit softer. But honestly I really do love this, one of my favorites after being so anti about it at the beginning. Other intricate reviews you can check out are by Stephanie Nicole and Samantha Ravndahl
Christina G.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Amazing. I was skeptical to buy this because of all the bad hype this product got from Youtubers but I feel like all of them are all being little whiny drama queens for views. Yes, it is very powdery, even more so than my Modern Renaissance palette, but BOY is it pigmented!! You need the LIGHTEST hand with the shadows. They are super pigmented and very very blendable. Now, the trick with this palette is that. It has very odd and kind of has opposite shades (like how blue is opposite of orange), so if you blend those two colors together, you will get an ugly muddy color and it will lose the blue and orange that you originally put. So because of this, you need to stop yourself from overblending when placing those tricky opposite colors. Just place the shadow where you want it, and lightly blend the edges, but do NOT overblend, or you will get muddy looking eyeshadow. A lot of beauty gurus don't seem to recognize this issue when they're review this product and its really silly to me. Ignore the bad hype. If you're attracted to the colors in this palette and you know how to do makeup ( im not an make up artist lol), just get it.
𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐚 G.
Florence AL
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
Love the color range ever since it came out I’ve been in love with it but it does have its pros and cons
Pros. It’s sooo pigmented and last you all day. You don’t need much from some shades just a few dabs and u have more than enough product. You do get your own double brush which is handy for traveling
Cons. There is a lot of fall out I constantly have to keep blowing on the palette to clear the fall out and under the eye as well and another thing for travel reasons even tho the packaging is really cute and I don’t think it’s a good idea to have a velvety material that collets dust and makeup residue. Also I feel like I don’t get much from Electric i always feel like I have to really dig in there just to get a little as well as Cube
But bottom line I do enjoy the palette very much as well as the colors Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eyeshadow PaletteAnastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade
Anastassia G.
Stanwood, WA
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
I am NOT mad at the subculture palette at all! And this is without a primer!!! I was blessed with this palette for my birthday and i am so pleased with the look i got out of it today, yes you need to be patient, yes there will be cleanup so do your eyes first, don't use a brush for more then one color, you'll end up messy and muddy looking, pack in each color individually then blend....Honestly I really think that a lot of people that had issues with the blending and patchiness and stuff with this product probably are using the wrong primer or had too much foundation caked over their eyelid. this went on beautifully with absolutely no primer cuz i was too excited to play and there was also no oxidation for me. I really think this palette didn't deserve the negative crap they are getting from the masses, even tati s latest video was kinda snooty with her sarcastic, "can't sit at our table" gif joke... don't get me wrong, I love tati, but come on, a real makeup artist should have been able to make this palette work... I did and I'm a nobody. Anyways I'm in love and there's no regrets for my birthday request in getting this unique wonder. #abh #subculture #anastasiabeverlyhills #mua #oilslick #blend #patience #colorclearsthemind #bored #play #makeupisart #makeupcrazy
Nat B.
Land O Lakes
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
So i bought this palette having listened to reviews on youtube, I personally wanted to make my own opinion of the palette since there was so much controversy. I was inspired by the color choices and thought the looks i could create would be unique from my usual warm toned looks. I ordered it from Ulta.com and it came with two of the shades already broken... after taking it to the store and getting a new one i tested it out. I was able to make a below average look with the olive green(which i was very excited about) and some transition shades. The color was not vibrant and it overall looked muddy and not cohesive. After trying it on a few other occasions some of the colors worked better than others like (Adorn, New Wave, Fudge, and electric) were decent shades that worked well. As for the others you got below average pigment that fell out all over your face. PRO TIP: do eyes before face. If not your foundation will be ruined by the excessive amount of fallout. Overall YouTube got it right this palette is not worth your $$$
Brittany B.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Review for: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette more...
I, as well as many others, have SUCH a love/hate relationship with Subculture. It’s GORGEOUS, the colors and literally to die for. The pigmentation is out of this world. I would die for this palette. However the kick up is just terrible. The tiniest tap causes a crater to be made into the delicate shadow. Where as the shimmers you basically have to spoon to get them out. Also, the oxidize terribly. I never thought an eyeshadow palette could do that but I’ve been proven wrong. The yellow shade always ends up looking like an golden orange color, the blue and green shades are virtually identical. The deep purple is beautiful but just as the others, you have to be careful to not go crazy with it. The shimmers are interesting to say the least. You kinda can’t use them unless you scrape them out of the pan a bit. That being said, if you scrape and then mix the pigment with a glitter glue and use it on your lid, it does have a beautiful effect.
Samantha B.
Subculture or Modern Renaissance ?
Haley M.
Which is better? Modern Renaissance or Subculture?
Xiomara R.
Bronx, NY
Should I purchase this palette or the Modern Renaissance one?
Marium S.