Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette
An essential eyeshadow collection featuring 14 shades, including neutral and berry tones. Use Anastasia Beverly Hills first permanent palette, Modern Renaissance to create endless looks for daytime and evening.
- Highly pigmented, easy-to-blend formula
- 11 matte shades; 3 metallic
- Dual-sided soft bristle brush
- Tempera - Velvety beige with an ultra-matte finish
- Golden Ochre - Earthy yellow with an ultra-matte finish
- Vermeer - Iridescent shell with a metallic finish
- Buon Fresco - Antique lavender with an ultra-matte finish
- Antique Bronze - Metallic sable with a satin finish
- Love Letter- Raspberry with an ultra-matte finish
- Cyprus Umber- Dark coffee with an ultra-matte finish
- Realgar- Brick with an ultra-matte finish
- Warm Taupe- Earthy gray with an ultra-matte finish
- Venetian Red- Crimson with an ultra-matte finish
- Red Ochre- Sienna with an ultra-matte finish
- Primavera- shimmery gold dust with a metallic finish
- Burnt Orange- deep orange with an ultra-matte finish
- Raw Sienna- neutral amber with an ultra-matte finish
Shade: Tempera Mica, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Zinc Myristate, Glycerin, Silica, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Isopentyldiol, Lauroyl Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, May Contain/Peut Contenir: (+/-) Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Carmine (Ci 75470), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) <1510314>*contains Carmine As A Color Additive. Shade: Buon Fresco Mica, Dimethicone, Boron Nitr
Top Questions See all 12,545 Q&A
- "This palette gives me life lol, the colors are gorgeous, pigmented, and buttery. Quality wise this is the best palette I own and I love it, it retails for 42$ but I would purchase it again a million times over, my favorite part of the palette is that the colors show up beautifully on every skin tone " in 8417 reviews
- "If you're looking for a palette with warm neutral colors you guys should really get this one. I recommend this product to anyone wanting to try new things from this brand. They are able to move around easily and they have a lot of pigmentation. " in 837 reviews
- "The colors are so soft and the pigment is long lasting. I trully recoment any of the paletts" in 670 reviews
Then one day I decided to face my fears and use it! The first few times I used this I stuck to the left side with the neutral browns and stayed away from the berry colors. I did after a few weeks venture over to the berry shades.
I was blown away by the quality of these shadows. This is by far the best eyeshadow palette I own. The formula is smooth and buttery and not chalky at all. They are SUPER pigmented, so tapping off your brush is a must. That being said, the blend amazingly. They can also be built up nicely without becoming a powdery mess. There is no fallout and very little kickback in the pan. This palette is amazing to work with. Its perfect for everyday looks or full glam!
I love the packaging! The velvet outside makes the palette feel luxurious, but in a 1960s kind of way. (TIP: if the velvet gets dusty just use a lint roller to take it all off!) The mirror is good, big enough to use for your eyes. I like that it seals shut with a magnet because it's different, but could cause a problem while traveling, but I cannot say for sure as I have not traveled with it.
If you've been holding out on buying the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette then I suggest you buy it ASAP!
I had a difficult time finding an eyeshadow palette I liked that wasn't BORING nudes or ridiculously shimmery. This was it!
I had recently taken back two other palettes that were pretty but had no pay-off, this one is THE ONE. It has deep pigment, blendable but durable.
Caution: Because of the buttery/soft consistency of the powders, I deeply recommend being careful in your brush choice. I found the brush that came with it too coarse. You need a very feathered, light brush and barely need to touch the color to transfer a lot of color. Using the brush it comes with, or something too coarse, is going to eat up your pans for no good reason. I don't think the brush is came with is the worse ever, but definitely not going to be using it on my beloved ABH.
Once I switches to my Sephora Featherweight brush, there was hardly any fallout and the color transferred perfectly.
Looking at the pictures online I thought the colors were going to be too similar and that would be boring - NOPE. There is a surprising wide range of colors once you swatch them.
This is the reason I fell in love with ABH and never went back. I also blame this palette for my obsession with pinks and mauve colors. Behind my rambling is a point - this is a great palette to help you learn how to use more high quality shadows.
**OVERVIEW** The shadows blend like a dream and have a staying power that is irreplaceable in my eyes. At first glance, you may think you will be stuck with too many of the same looks, but there is a huge amount of versatility in this palette that will speak your creative side.
**TAKE MY MONEY** pigmentation, blendablity, versatility in looks and
Possible Cons? There is a little bit of kick back, but not too much. If you are to use to vibrant mattes, you may end up over blending or placing too much product. Once you get use to the formula, it's some of the easiest shadows to use. Definite con - the "black blending" side of the two-sides brush is very scratchy and needs to be replaced. Even just using better synthetic hair will make a 100% difference.
I participate in "Modern Renaissance Monday", which just means I use this palette every Monday even with all the new palettes and releases I have, I still go back to this one. I blend the shades with others or use these as transition shades. There is just so much possibility here.
Doesn't matter if you are new to makeup or an old hag like m, this is a stable in every collection. And if you are an MUA, perfect for your brides!
Before using this palette, I *thought* I knew what quality eyeshadows were, but I now realize that I had no idea. THESE... these are quality eyeshadows. These melt like butter on your skin. They blur into one another and blend like clouds during sunset. And this is coming from someone who wouldn't take 2 minutes to blend eyeshadow. I suck at blending, and am the laziest person to care to blend eyeshadow. I admit it - I just don't have the time of day. But these Anastasia eyeshadows make my life easy and they make it look like I know what I'm doing! They literally do all the work for me. All I do is sit there and sweep the color across my face and it literally looks like a work of art - I don't know how it happens, it just does and this is why I have to now go back to my old reviews of other palettes and lower their ratings because these ABH shadows are queen. End of story. If you don't have this palette in your life, you're spending too much time blending your eyeshadow.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos