BY ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS #1 in Eyeshadow Palettes

An essential eye shadow collection featuring 14 shades, including neutral and berry tones. Use Anastasia Beverly Hills first permanent palette, Modern Renaissance to create endless looks for daytime and evening.

Highly pigmented, easy-to-blend formula

Buon Fresco - Antique lavender with an ultra-matte finish
Antique Bronze - Metallic sable with a satin finish
Love Letter- Raspberry with an ultra-matte finish
Cyprus Umber- Dark coffee with an ultra-matte finish
Realgar- Brick with an ultra-matte finish
Warm Taupe- Earthy gray with an ultra-matte finish
Venetian Red- Crimson with an ultra-matte finish
Red Ochre- Sienna with an ultra-matte finish
Primavera- shimmery gold dust with a metallic finish
Burnt Orange- deep orange with an ultra-matte finish
Raw Sienna- neutral amber with an ultra-matte finish

• Is the brush in the palette good?236 Answers
  • Hi guys! I was wondering is it worth it the Anastasia Modern Rena...161 Answers
  • Do you think this will work for someone with fair to light skin?130 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Elaine L.
Elaine L.
The hype is real. This is the first palette I bought for myself and I'm absolutely in love! The first thing that caught my eyes was the versatility of the shades. There's 14 shades ranging from your must-have neutrals, eye popping berry tones, and some shimmer shades for that extra umph. As a beginner in eyeshadow, the idea of smokey looks is scary to think about doing. However, with this palette, you can easily achieve simple looks with the light colored shades and work your way up to sexy smolders with the darker shades. It's absolutely perfect for any event, whether it be for work, school, errands, or a date night.

Packaging - 9/10
In my opinion, packaging is the second most important to any beauty product. If it looks bomb, you'll want to use it even more. Amirite or amirite? The box it comes in is very minimalistic. It's a light dusty rose colored cardboard box with "MODERN RENAISSANCE" in big bold white letters with gold debossing on the bottom. The magic happens once you open the box. The palette is the exact same design BUT it's velvet.

The only issue with the velvet is that it's very easy to get dirty and scratched. My palette came with a pretty noticeable scratch and it breaks my heart every time I look at it. So here's the tip: Don't throw away the box, store the palette in it to keep it in the best shape.

Application - 9/10
The application makes it a no brainer why this palette is rated the top palette in almost every makeup retail store and rating site. A little truly goes a long way; the shades are so pigmented and they blend like a dream. A very minor downside is that there is a little bit of fallout so I would advise to be careful with how you use your brush to avoid the "pigment explosion" (the tragedy when you dip your brush too hard and the powder gets everywhere). Other than that, the quality is in-credible.

Price - Is it worth? YES!
For $42, it's a little pricey but it's definitely worth the investment. The packaging is super cute, the colors are amazing, and the quality is to die for.

Overall, this is a beautiful palette. I've only used it a couple times but I know I'll be using it a lot more. I'm so glad I bought it and the best part is that it's here to stay! It's part of Anastasia's permanent collection, but why wait? ;)
Kaitlyn K.
Kaitlyn K.
Jamaica, NY
I bought this palette yesterday and I can already tell it is going to end up being my new favorite palette. Originally, I was on the fence on whether or not I should get this palette. I already have a bunch of palettes I don't really use. I kept seeing all the various beautiful unique looks on youtube and instagram using the palette. I wanted to swatch it in store and every time I went to a different Sephora it was out of stock. Finally I found it I was like I should just get it, play around with it, and if I don't like it after a couple of days I'll just return it. I was not expecting to love this palette so much after using it once. The reddish/ orange colors are so unique and the browns are so classic. I feel like you can easily achieve any eye look with this palette from a natural look, to a daytime look, to a dramatic nighttime look. This palette is very usable for the everyday basis. I love experimenting with this palette and taking my everyday look which is a gold not too dramatic smoky eye and adding something different to it like a hint of red or warning it up with an orangey color. These shadows are so soft and buttery and super pigmented. You could literally dip your brush lightly once and pick up so much color. The softness of these shadows do cause them to create an abundance of fallout but I find that since they are so pigmented you don't need to pick up as much product as you normally would for other shadows. The less product you pick up, the less fallout there is. I find that the fluffy side of the brush that comes with the palette is a little harsh on the eye and especially for the butteryness of the shadows which would cause more fallout. Just use a softer brush and a light hand to avoid fallout. Overall this is an extremely superb palette that is great quality with beautiful packaging and colors. This is definitely worth the money. I would definitely recommend this palette to anyone.
Sandy S.
Sandy S.
What an awesome palette! First of all, it's so NOT BORING! I was getting exhausted by all those brown champagne neutral palettes on the market nowadays, so yawn inducing! But not this baby! It's so vibrant, eye popping, gorgeous, full of sassy attitude and potential. This is my first experience with ABH shadows, and I'm very impressed. These shadows are better than UD, Smashbox, Tarte, and a plethora of other mid- high end brands I tried. The only one that compares is Lorac, but ABH is still better. The formula is very soft, extremely pigmented, easily blendable, stays put all day. The color selection is fabulous! I can't name another palette like this that would perform as well and have such saturated vibrant colors. (Yes Violet Voss HG is similar, but the formula is overpriced Chinese shit! No comparison ) . I would love to try other palettes by ABH as well, but I've heard that this one is a step up from prior formulas.
The only qualm I have with this palette is the packaging. It's a dupe for IT cosmetics palettes, and the velvet gets very dirty. ABH should adapt Stila's packaging (the soul, spirit, mind, body palettes) those are great.
I have no issues with the price increase. Believe me, in the past you've bought a crappy overpriced palette for more than this gem would cost. If your skin tone can accept very warm and red tones then you should get this palette.
Sherry H.
Sherry H.
Brooklyn, NY
This palette puts all others to shame.

I've never had a palette that I could really say that I wanted to wear every shade of. Most shades, but not every shade. Until this one.

The palette is filled with a wide variety warm tones, though it claims to have neutrals-- but they all show up warm, maybe that's just me. It has shades in matte, satin, and shimmer shades. Even the most shimmery of the lot is great for highlighting on the eye and has no chunky glitter like is found in many shimmer shades.

It can be used to create a huge variety of looks, from a subtle, daily warm neutral, to a classic romantic look, all the way to a dramatic and glam look. It's nearly impossible to mismatch color shades in this palette-- so far everything I've tried has gone well with all the other colors.

The brush it comes with is okay-- I do prefer Kat Von D Shade/Light Eye brush, but it does a good job, especially for travel.

Each of the shadows are so rich, pigmented, and buttery, they blend out so gorgeously and I have fallen in love with all of them, even the orange tones I was skeptical of at first.

This is the eyeshadow palette that has made me put away all my other palettes, because I can't see ever wanting to use them again.

(Also, as an artist, I love the fact that they actually used colors and names that are references to renaissance colors and oil paints!)
Mandy J.
Mandy J.
Pahrump, NV
This is my first high end palette and it's great. I want to give it 5 stars but there are a few issues I have with it. Most of the shadows are EXTREMELY soft and powdery to the point where when I put my brush in it I feel like I'm wasting product because it kicks up so much powder. Most of the shadows kind of blend together and they fade throughout the day. HOWEVER, if you use a good primer and don't over blend they're beautiful and insanely pigmented.

Most of the shades are matte but there's two shimmery shades that are perfect for the inner corner and one deeper bronze color that's nice all over the lid but other than those three shades it's an all matte palette which I love because I'm not a fan of shimmery eyeshadows but I think the shimmers that are in this palette were well thought out.

I also love the layout of this palette. With a lot of palettes they're laid out in a way that makes it more difficult for me to think of ways to put them together into one look. The placement of these shadows is perfect.

I don't love the packaging. The velvety outside is a stain magnet and it's nearly impossible to clean.

The palette comes with a fairly decent brush and a nice sized mirror.

For my first high end palette I'm definitely not disappointed. I've done some beautiful looks with this and I would recommend it to anyone who likes warm tones!
Makeup by A.
Makeup by A.
I did a review/swatch/comparison video on this palette on my youtube channel (Makeup by Amy Michelle).
This is by far my favorite ABH palette and I have a lot of them. I'm not sure if the formula is different but it seems like it is an upgrade. I've always loved my ABH palettes but this one is even better than the rest.
I really like how the palette is more of a year round palette and not completely tailored to one season. I love the colors in the palette in general there are beautiful champagnes, pinks, browns, oranges, etc. and so many different looks you can great. I also really like the fact that ABH has continued with the larger 14 pan palettes I feel like you get more bang for your buck.
The formula of the shadows in the palette are AMAZING. They are incredibly soft, blendable, silky, smooth, easy to blend and work with. They also have extremely long wear time of 8-12 hours, depending on how intense you put the eyeshadows on. And great thing is you don't even have to use any special primers like glitter glue if you don't want to. The shadows also perform great foiled by using a setting spray with your brush.
Overall I'm so incredibly impressed with palette and it is seriously the best ABH palette in the collection to date. And to top it off its the first permanent palette :)
Anna H.
Anna H.
Asbury Park, NJ
This palette is seriously the best palette I own. While it's not my everyday go-to palette, it certainly has a special place in my heart. I have always stuck with neutral palettes because I was afraid to venture outside and colors besides browns and blacks, but OHHH man, these colors are just stunning. I have an olive to medium skin tone, and the warm shades really bring out my skin tone. What I really love is how even the brightest of shades can be toned down and wearable without looking ill or like a clown. Some of the more neutral shades shades are very dupable, but the formula is excellent, and the shades are very long lasting. There is a little bit of fallout, but nothing that can't be brushed away with a little loose powder. Overall, I am enamored with this palette. The packaging is to die for (although it gets dirty pretty easily). It's a great palette for if you're looking to change up your routine and try something different. I cannot wait to wear these in the summertime!
Zoe F.
Zoe F.
Royal Oak, MI
Even if you look at this palette and think you don't need it - that the shades are too vibrant or unwearable for you because you only wear neutrals - you NEED it! I didn't buy into the hype and waited about six weeks before picking this up because I saw the pinks and reds and thought I really wouldn't wear it, but I've ended up having to force myself to use other palettes just because I love it so much!

The colors are a neutral-lovers EASIEST way to break into wearing more bright, attention-grabbing shades. The tones are so wearable, even though they might look a little unusual in the pan, and the quality of these shadows is truly phenomenal. The matte shades are so easy to blend, easy to smoke out, and easy to build up; the shimmer shades are pigmented and really pack a punch. The range of colors in this palette is pretty unique, especially for the quality.

Overall, this palette is a phenomenal investment. The hype is real - this palette is totally worth picking up.
Alexandra V.
Alexandra V.
Wilmington, NC
This is my FAVORITE palette at the moment! I was not expecting this to be so amazing when I first started seeing pictures all over the internet. Warm colors are just perfect in every season in my opinion, but especially in the coming up fall season! The only downside of this palette is that the colors are VERY powdery which just proves are perfectly pigmented they are, but that can cause fall out and mess up your face make up. So I recommend doing your eyes first when you use this palette! I want everyone on the planet to have this product, it is so very perfect and you can make a million looks from them. Red Ochre, Realgar, Primavera, and Love Letter are my favorite shades. Like I mentioned before, the colors are SO pigmented. I barely dip my brush into the shadow and my brush is loaded. I didn't even use a primer my first time using it, so it's perfect for a quick glam moment when you're in a hurry. So basically, it's perfect. Go buy it asap!
Jamie Rose S.
Jamie Rose S.
Anastasia was onto something when she made this palette because it is just absolutely beautiful. I feel like I am in the presence of the make up gods when I open this up! The shadows are so buttery and they blend out so smoothly on your eyelids. Oh and let's not forget the quality either, that pigmentation though...UGH it's just so worthy of being raved about, so I completely understand the hype now that it's in my hands. With these warm colors you can create so many versatile looks and it's a great palette for transitioning into fall. If you're contemplating on buying this palette, don't, just take the plunge because it isn't often you find shadows like these. Even at the hefty price tag, it's still a great deal because of how many shadows you get and how little shadow you need for an eye look. I'm am so happy that this palette is permanent because I could imagine not being able to get this again when I run out.
cari r.
cari r.
Apache Jct, AZ
Is the brush in the palette good?
Emona V.
Emona V.
Hi guys! I was wondering is it worth it the Anastasia Modern Renaissance pallet ? Please give me yours opinions?!
Jackie B.
Jackie B.
Do you think this will work for someone with fair to light skin?
Alexandra G.
Alexandra G.
I've been craving this pallets but is it really worth it ?
andreina g.