BY ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS #1 in Eyeshadow Palettes

An essential eyeshadow collection featuring 14 shades, including neutral and berry tones. Use Anastasia Beverly Hills first permanent palette, Modern Renaissance to create endless looks for daytime and evening.

• Highly pigmented, easy-to-blend formula
  • Realgar- Brick with an ultra-matte finish
  • Warm Taupe- Earthy gray with an ultra-matte finish
  • Venetian Red- Crimson with an ultra-matte finish
  • Red Ochre- Sienna with an ultra-matte finish
  • Primavera- shimmery gold dust with a metallic finish
  • Burnt Orange- deep orange with an ultra-matte finish
  • Raw Sienna- neutral amber with an ultra-matte finish

Shade: Tempera Mica, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Zinc Myristate, Glycerin, Silica, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Isopentyldiol, Lauroyl Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, May Contain/Peut Contenir: (+/-) Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Carmine (Ci 75470), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) <1510314>*contains Carmine As A Color Additive. Shade: Buon Fresco Mica, Dimethicone, Boron Nitr

• Is the brush in the palette good?259 Answers
  • Hi guys! I was wondering is it worth it the Anastasia Modern Rena...171 Answers
  • Do you think this will work for someone with fair to light skin?134 Answers
Reviews (19005)
Buy on Sephora*
Shriya P.
Monroe Twp, NJ
This palette is 100000% worth its rave reviews & will positively be a staple palette for me. I know I’m late in getting it in the first place, but even before getting it myself I’ve used my cousin’s and have always known I’d get it someday. In the attached photo, I did a quick 10 min look on my little sister (I blended it out better after the picture) & we both were oohing and ahing at the high pigmentation & how smoothly the shadows came onto her skin. There is a nice mix of plain and bold colors & the palette is one that you can absolutely use on its own, but can also combine with other colors from other palettes. The packaging is very cute with the pink velvet. In my opinion, I felt that it is worth the whole $42, especially when there are other palettes that don’t even come near this level of quality that are going for $65+ - namely Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette, which I had a bad experience with. Overall, I recommend this to everyone, regardless of your level of makeup skill. The price is worth it, and if you shop smart with coupons at Sephora or other stores you can even snag it at a discount, which I’ve heard of many people doing.
Katerina T.
My #Giftcrush is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette. I️t is a staple for me and even with all the bold shades, I️t is definitely my everyday go to Palette. I love the bold vibrant colors in this palette. You can create such bold and fierce looks with this palette! I️t is a must have in your makeup collection and is so worth the price. If you are brave enough to go bold, you must get yourself this ABH palette. You won’t be disappointed. The entire palette is so pigmented and actually easy to use. I️t also comes with a blending brush and the velvet material on the outside is just beautiful. If you have his palette you honestly don’t need to have too many other palettes in your collection because this one is perfect. There are browns, oranges, shimmers and the perfect deep burgundy shades. I love I️t. I️ have bought this as a gift and they love I️t just as much. #influencer #Giftcrush #influenster @influenster #Contest
Breanna L.
I give this a 4.5 stars only because of the significant kick-back and need to wet the shimmer shades. It's WORTH THE HYPE.

This is the reason I fell in love with ABH and never went back. I also blame this palette for my obsession with pinks and mauve colors. Behind my rambling is a point - this is a great palette to help you learn how to use more high quality shadows.

**OVERVIEW** The shadows blend like a dream and have a staying power that is irreplaceable in my eyes. At first glance, you may think you will be stuck with too many of the same looks, but there is a huge amount of versatility in this palette that will speak your creative side.

**TAKE MY MONEY** pigmentation, blendablity, versatility in looks and

Possible Cons? There is a little bit of kick back, but not too much. If you are to use to vibrant mattes, you may end up over blending or placing too much product. Once you get use to the formula, it's some of the easiest shadows to use. Definite con - the "black blending" side of the two-sides brush is very scratchy and needs to be replaced. Even just using better synthetic hair will make a 100% difference.

I participate in "Modern Renaissance Monday", which just means I use this palette every Monday even with all the new palettes and releases I have, I still go back to this one. I blend the shades with others or use these as transition shades. There is just so much possibility here.

Doesn't matter if you are new to makeup or an old hag like m, this is a stable in every collection. And if you are an MUA, perfect for your brides!
Kelly M.
San Juan Capo, CA
I cannot say enough good things about this eye shadow palette. This is one of my favorite warm palettes to use at the moment. Let me first start off by saying how incredibly pigmented these eye shadows are. You do not need to use a ton of product to get rich pigmentation with these. They have excellent color payoff, and they are ultra long lasting on the lid (especially when used with an eyeshadow primer). The palette includes 11 matte and 3 metallic shades to choose from. I have included a picture in this review so you can see at how beautiful these shades truly are. Out of all of the shades Red Ochre and Realgar are my absolute favorites. The eyeshadows are housed in a lovely velvet soft pink palette with a magnetized lid. The palette also includes a standard sized mirror on the inside of the palette. I also want to add that this palette comes with a dual-ended brush, and it actually isn’t too bad. Often times the brush that is included in most palettes doesn’t really blend the shadows well, and you end up not using it. This is not the case with the dual-ended brush in this palette, it is actually a pretty decent brush. I waited a long time to get this palette, mostly because I wasn’t too sure how these shades would pair well with my extremely pale skin. The great thing with this palette is that these shadows are buildable, and they can be used sparingly to create a soft warm look, or you can really pack it on to create a bold and intense look as well. I am definitely glad that I finally purchased this palette because it is now one of my absolute favorites. This palette retails for about $42.00 and it is worth every penny. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who enjoys using warm eyeshadows that offer superb pigmentation and blendability.
Madhu D.
Wish there were more than 5 stars to give.. I would give more! This is my first ABH palette, it was in my wishlist for more than a year, then finally I got during Thanksgiving and used my $15 Sephora discount to buy it. So got some saving there with my purchase :-). And coming to the palette, yes the Hype is real!! I am beauty blogger and have tried variety of eyeshadows from different brands. But no other eyeshadow comes close to these for sure! I am of medium to tan skintone, so the warm shades compliment my skintone nicely. If I would keep 1 eyeshadow palette to apply everyday, then this would be it. You can try so many different looks with this palette, the eyeshadows are soft and buttery and blend within seconds. There is a fall out, but I think that's because of how it is pressed to give the pigmentation. So I just dip my brush gently and tap excess and you are good to go. It is so good, and no matter how many dupes you see of this palette online, I don't think anything will compare to this, in terms of quality or exact shades. So get it, Must-buy!!!
Rachel R.
Orange Park, FL
Quick Take: good value, pigmented, blendable, high color payoff, versatile

I had a difficult time finding an eyeshadow palette I liked that wasn't BORING nudes or ridiculously shimmery. This was it!

I had recently taken back two other palettes that were pretty but had no pay-off, this one is THE ONE. It has deep pigment, blendable but durable.

Caution: Because of the buttery/soft consistency of the powders, I deeply recommend being careful in your brush choice. I found the brush that came with it too coarse. You need a very feathered, light brush and barely need to touch the color to transfer a lot of color. Using the brush it comes with, or something too coarse, is going to eat up your pans for no good reason. I don't think the brush is came with is the worse ever, but definitely not going to be using it on my beloved ABH.
Once I switches to my Sephora Featherweight brush, there was hardly any fallout and the color transferred perfectly.

Looking at the pictures online I thought the colors were going to be too similar and that would be boring - NOPE. There is a surprising wide range of colors once you swatch them.

GET this
Caitlin M.
I am completely in love with this palette. From the packaging to the names or the shades, it's all just so gorgeous. I picked this up on a complete whim. I had seen tons of YouTube reviews on it but hadn't seriously wanted it or considered buying it. But we were going on vacation and I had been trying to get my hands on a palette from ColorPop with not quite similar shades but with some cooler toned and mauvey shades and it was constantly sold out and then I was afraid it wouldn't arrive before we left and I'd have to bring a different palette. I saw this at Ulta and decided to give it a try and had been told by someone else online that they even preferred this to the CP palette I had been wanting. I absolutely love it. All of the shades are richly pigmented and blend so well. It's one of the few palettes I own that is mostly matte shadows and I would say that this is the ideal matte formula. Some kick up a bit of powder but I don't find it to be a problem as I usually do my face makeup last anyway. I am in love with the shades Buon Freasco, Love Letter, Rhealgar (might have misspelled that one), and Primavera but they are all beautiful and so versatile. I've used this pretty much exclusively since October (it's still only January but still, I have lots of palettes and can get bored). This has made me a huge fan of Anastasia eyeshadow and while I am not in need of another palette I can tell you I will definitely be paying attention to theie
Austen G.
Gilmer, TX
I can't help but feel like this palette is slightly overhyped. I bought it expecting my life to be changed, but its truly just another eyeshadow palette.

I picked this up at Ulta during one of their 20% off sales, so at least I got a discount. The packaging is pretty, but not practical. It's velvet so you can't clean it and its light pink so all stains will show up.

Break down of the shades:
-Tempera: useless shade for me. I don't set my eyes with an eyeshadow (I use my setting powder) so it can't be used for that and its the same color as my skin, so it doesn't show up as a brow highlight. If your fair, this shade probably won't have many uses for you.
-Golden Orche: This is just okay. It's a weird color on me. It's too light and orangey to be a transition shade for most of my looks. But its not dark enough for anything else.
-Vemeer: I was extremely underwhelmed with this shade at first, but I began applying it with my fingers or with a wet brush and its much better. This is my most used shade in the palette.
-Buon Fresco: This is my other favorite shade in the palette. I feel like it doesn't get much love, but its a beautiful taupe color on me. It just has a slight gray/purple tone but nothing noticeable on the lids. I use this in my crease often and throw vemeer on the lid for a daytime look.
-Antique Bronze: This is another shade I just don't use. I don't have a use for a dark satin/shimmer shade. Dark colors look bad on me anywhere other than the crease or outer corner and I prefer mattes for those areas.
-Love letter: Not as vibrant as it looks in the pan. You can end up looking like you have pink eye if you don't use it correctly.
-Cypres Umber: I like this shade. Its just a deep brown so theres not much to get wrong here.
Raw Sienna: Ehhh. Just pulls way too orange on my skin tone for my to love it.
Burnt Orange: Another okay shade. Nothing wrong nothing great.
Primavera: This shade is also great. I prefer to use it wet for the best effect, but it still looks pretty good on its own.
Red Ochre: Not a shade I ever reach for.
Venetian Red: Honestly once its blended out this looks the same as love letter. You can get the same look no matter which shade you use. If you use them together, you won't get much depth to your look because you can't tell them apart on the lid. Also more pink than red.
Warm Taupe: A good transition or crease shade for fair skin. Can't complain.
Realgar: I think this is a cool color, it's just one I always forget about and struggle to incorporate into my looks.

I also think these shadows are very powdery.

And the brush that comes with it is TRASH!!! The fluffy side is so scratchy you can literally not use it on your eyes because its painful. The brush is cheaply made in China and it shows. I threw it in the garbage.
Meagan E.
Harrisonburg, VA
I know, I know, this palette has been raved about by everyone.  I didn't understand the hype, but since I love eyeshadow, I wanted to see what the hype was about.  All I can say is... WOW!  I have never used shadows so soft.  They can be a little powdery, I only have to tap my brush in once before working on my eyes.  The colors blend like a dream, and the colors are gorgeous.  The reds and pinks can be a little scary, but they can be very soft and subtle if you want.  I think the two metallic shades are incredible, I wish there were a few more in this palette.  There are so many looks you can create with this palette, both subtle and dramatic.

I recommend this palette to everyone, regardless of your makeup expertise.  It is worth $42, which is not a bad price for a high end palette.  Don't stop to think about this palette- just buy it.  I am already thinking about how I am going to repurchase this palette if I ever run out.
Gladyeliz C.
Methuen, MA
just got this palette, and I've already fallen in love. The colors are beautiful, highly pigmented, just stunning over all. With all of these shades, you can create such a wide variety of make up looks and I feel as if this palette can be highly versatile. The brush this palette comes with is fine, it's not my favorite, but it is definitely a keeper if you are looking for a fluffy brush and a smudger like brush for the outer corner. The fluffy brush itself isn't the softest brush in the world, it is actually the tiniest bit scratchy on my eyes. But, it isn't that bad. I do really like the smudging side, though. I can get right up by the lower lash line with the colors. Now for the eyeshadows themselves, I adore the colors. I am a warm-toned fanatic, and this palette speaks to me. This is my first high-end palette ever before, I have been the inexpensive guru, always cutting corners and looking for a good bargain. I'd make anything work, from eyeshadows and so forth. I ordered this palette in particular because it was so highly rated, so hyped and over all beautiful. And I am glad that I did, although I will say: I have achieved better quality in more inexpensive palettes before, with just a couple of the shades. Just a couple. The biggest issue I have with this palette is the beautiful shade "Love Letter". I found Love Letter to be a little tough to blend and to be rather stiff, just not really an easy shade to work with. I also expected Love Letter and Venetian Red to be more similar from what I saw on the pictures online, assuming Venetian Red was a deeper version of Love letter to give more of a deepening effect. They have slightly different undertones that don't make it seem quite right: Love Letter is a beautiful berry shade with a pinkish under tone and Venetian Red is a beautiful red (one of my favorite colors in this palette) with a slightly more crimson undertone to it. My only last issue is that the velvet packaging is easily stained, but none of these issues aren't entirely a big deal for me. I still think this is a 5 star palette, I love most of the shades and I think it's worth the bigger price tag.
cari r.
Apache Jct, AZ
Is the brush in the palette good?
Emona V.
Hi guys! I was wondering is it worth it the Anastasia Modern Renaissance pallet ? Please give me yours opinions?!
Jackie B.
Do you think this will work for someone with fair to light skin?
Alexandra G.
I've been craving this pallets but is it really worth it ?
andreina g.