BY ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS #1 in Highlighter

• What's the consistency like? Like powdery? Creamy? Chunky glitter?5 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Mery A.
Florida,fl
Ok..ok...ok...so we all know this highlighter has been hyped up like it can cure cancer (FYI...it can’t)...and YES it’s gorgeous looking in the package. Like when you open it, you hear Angels sing, and this golden light just radiates out from the compact like whenever that suitcase is opened in ‘Pulp Fiction’...But...I was a little, teensy, weensy bit taken aback by the lack of product I was able to get onto my brush (now, before y’all come for me...lemme state I tried many a different brush; fan, contour, tapered highlight brush. ALL diff brands: Morphe, real techniques, Elf, Eco tools.)...or my beauty blender. When I swatched it in store, it was magnificent!!! So, when I went in with a beauty tool..be it a brush or blender...I was a lil...surprised.
Also I had to use...like...a lot of product to get that infamous “Amrezy” Instagram, BLINDING highlight. Which is ok..I love a highlighter that’s multitasking as a more natural shine and as a glam one when a bit extra is used...but this was not what I thought this specific highlight was. I bought this thinking it would be like “KAPOW” with one swipe.
Oh! And lemme add..I did try using my finger to apply it, since it seemed to swatch better on the finger (like I lightly touch it and alotta product would be on it!!) and it like would NOT transfer from my finger to my face...like AT ALL...and before anyone suggests it was maybe a fake or knock off...I bought it in Macy’s at the ABH counter.
Sarah J.
Brooklyn
Anastasia Beverly Hills and Amrezy really hit it out of park with this incredibly gorgeous highlighter! I have fair skin, so I was worried that this shade would be too dark for my complexion. I would describe the Amrezy Highlighter as a light, metallic gold. It has been compared to the discontinued Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in the shade So Hollywood which I also own. After doing a swatch comparison, I discovered that although the two shades are very similar, the Amrezy Highlighter is slightly lighter. This highlighter gives my skin a beautiful, lit from within glow. If I can make it work on my pale skin, then it should be pretty universally flattering. The formula itself is very finely milled, pigmented and ultra smooth. It doesn’t emphasize my skin texture. The packaging looks very luxurious and it includes a mirror inside. For reference, I have added a swatch comparison of the So Hollywood and Amrezy Highlighters. So Hollywood is the shade on top. I think that $28 is a fair price point for the product. This is a limited edition item, so don’t sleep on it! If you love highlighters as much as I do then you won’t want to miss out on this one!
Jeri S.
Centereach, NY
Again don’t get it twisted...I LOVE my #AmrezyABHhighlighter ...I just kinda expected something different. All in all it’s fantastic and if you’re like ME...and LOVE highlighters...and LOVE Anastasia Beverly Hills products...then BUY IT!!! Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Highlighter light brilliant gold
Morgan B.
I have always loved the bond between Anastasia Beverly Hills and makeup artists/creators. They have always been so generous in sending out their products to have them be reviewed by Influencers. Amrezy is a makeup goddess and the combination of that with the fact that Anastasia Beverly Hills has NEVER been a company to scam their customers made sure that the purchase I was making through them wasn't going to stab me in the back. This highlighter seems very universal to me, in the reviews I've seen on a multitude of different skin tones. I have very red and pale skin so gold highlighter didn't at first seem the best option (I have usually gone to a more pearl/pink shade or just white/silver like the Jeffree Star Ice Cold highlighter). However, this is great for even the palest of skin tones. I wear the NARS Tinted Moisturizer for foundation and will wear this or sometimes combine it with the Jeffree Star skin frost highlighter and it's truly amazing. This highlighter is more foil-y and not powdery which is EXACTLY what I want and in my opinion, is what everyone wants! It glows on you and brings out a shine without looking powdery or cakey. It honestly is an amazing highlighter and the ripples in it in the packaging are just very innovative to make it stand out from the rest of the highlighters in the market. Love that it has a TON of product but is travel friendly and with a mirror. Perfect purchase, can't wait to see this formula in different shades of highlighters that ABH will hopefully release in the future!
Nicole H.
Lawrence, KS
I am in love with this collaboration! I picked this up as soon as it came out on ABH’s website, along with the soft glam palette. This highlighter is SO beautiful. It looks gold in the packaging, but on the skin it ends up being a gorgeous shade of champagne that is suitable for all skin tones. The powder is unlike anything I’ve felt before. It is so smooth and compacted that it almost feels solid when you run your finger over it, but it applies like smooth liquid velvet and doesn’t texturize my skin. There is no fallout, and it gives me such a beautiful glow that is noticeable but not too extra if used with a light hand. If you love blinding highlighters, this highlighter is also for you. A little product goes a long way! I apply this using a tapered highlighter brush (spritzed with setting spray when I want my skin to be lit), and set this with spray and it lasts all day! Please excuse my Snapchat filter photo, but it’s currently the only non-blurry photo on my phone with me wearing this product.
Julie J.
Los Angeles, CA
So when I found out that the highlight god amrezy was coming out with a highlighter of course I was super excited to try! Her highlight Is always on point.I was able to get my hands on her highlight and it was my FIRST product ever from Anastasia Beverly hills. I was so excited to try on when I received it but was sadly disappointed.As I applied the highlight onto my face is was not shining or glisining like I've seen on peoples photos who were wearing the product. I even tried two different highlight brushes but that didn't help. I also tried wet and dry but still no difference...sad to say. Its such a pretty product but idk why It doesn't work well for me. Both times I have used it I had to layer and mix other highlights to make it to my liking. I do like the packaging of the product. I like the selection of colors she choose black and gold. And for the price and amount of product it comes with is reasonable. But I'm not ready to give up yet and I'm eager to make this highlight work for me. My sister bought as well as said to scratch off the top layer to male it apply better so idk if I should try that but don't wanna mess up my highlight. Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Highlighter light brilliant gold
Teri B.
When I found out Amra A.K.A Amrezy was coming out with a highlighter I knew I had to get my hands on it as soon as it came out. I watched so many reviews of it to see how good it really was. Many people said it had no fall out in the pan at all and how it was this blinding highlight. I got super excited for it and could not wait to get mine in the mail. When I had finally gotten it in the mail I was super excited to try it out. When I swiped my brush (ABH Brush #23) in it I noticed some fall out from the pan, however it was very minimal compared to any other highlighter that has fallout. When I put it on I fell in love with it. It is such a beautiful highlight. I love that I have the option to have it subtle or blinding. I usually opt for blinding when I first put on my highlighter. It doesn't really stay put throughout the day, it wears down faster than my other highlighters do. I will say that it wears down nicely and to a more subtle, but still there, highlight. I love the sleekness (is that even a word?) and the design on the packaging. However I'm not too much of a fan of the glossy finish on the packaging, because it can get dirty fast. I also like how the packaging snaps shut and you have to push a button to get it open so it won't open in your makeup bag when you're on the go.
Over all with the few flaws of this product I still really like and enjoy this highlighter. The color is perfect and it just melts into the skin and I love that it is not glittery at all.
Alanna S.
Bryan, TX
Y’ALL. This is the holiest grail of holy grail highlighters. I don’t know why I was skeptical about this; maybe I just like to wait a little bit before buying a new product so I don’t seem like a sucker who buys every piece of pretty makeup I come across. WELL. This highlighter is both beautiful and functional, inside and out! Packaging is a solid 10/10. It’s absolutely gorgeous and the mirror is an actually useful size. Plus, the compact seems like it will protect the product inside even if it gets tossed in your makeup bag on accident. Also, let’s be real, after I opened this highlighter I was scared to touch it. That highlighter is prettier than me, my dog, and half the people I know. It looks like a little ripple of liquid sunshine and I can now understand why every beauty guru took 500 pictures of this for their insta before laying a finger on it. Once you get past the initial blinding beauty of it and decide to actually put that on your face, you will be stunned with how good it looks. I typically use a soft, fluffy brush (not too big) for my highlight so I can control my level of glow. This highlighter goes on like butter. It’s absolutely beautiful. Someone will probably marry this highlighter one day. It’s so easy to apply, it’s not powdery (zero fallout, girls), it doesn’t take off any of your underlying makeup, it blends beautifully, and it STAYS all day. I have oily skin, so this impressed me. This whole highlighter impressed me. Before I start sounding obsessed, you should probably just go buy this highlighter, because you’re not slaying without it.
Janeigne N.
My most reached for highlight out of my entire collection at the moment ! This highlighter is the definition of buttery , smooth & creamy ! This formula really just melts into the skin and doesn’t just sit on top of it , this highlighter isn’t dry , chalky or powdery at all and has absolutely no fall out at all when swatching or if you dig a brush into it ! Now this shade is super universal I think Abh and Amrezy hit it out of the park with this one , it isn’t to dark on my fair skin it’s like a soft champagne gold that would compliment my deeper skin girls beautifully as well ! The packaging is super sleek and nice and sturdy and has some nice weight to it has a wonderful clear mirror I just can’t get enough of this highlight ! I purchased mines the day it released on the Abh website but now it’s available online at Sephora for 28$ and it’s totally worth the splurge because I’m going to get so much use out of this second skin highlighter!
Tatiana M.
I recently received this in the mail, it’s my first ABH product I’ve used and own. It is AMAZING, it’s gorgeous, even the packaging is beautiful! It’s a interesting formula, there isn’t really any fall out when applying it and it feels more like a drier formula but it’s not powdery at all and has that wet look to it. Its got small glitters in it but they’re really small and nothing that accentuates my texture. It’s buildable which I like, sometimes I want a more subtle highlight and sometime I want my highlight to be blinding. It’s one of the few highlighters that I don’t have to work with a whole lot, a lot of highlighters look good on me from the side but straight on they leave that weird cast and this one doesn’t do that! Honestly I wish I had the money to get a backup because it’s limited edition and it’s so beautiful!! Recommend for sure
Ida-Maria_Aalto A.
helsinki
Does this shade suit people with fair skin?
Breanna H.
Do my fellow pale girls find that the Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Highlighter light brilliant gold works for them?? I’m thinking of getting it but I am super white! 🤣 ** UPDATE: I got it and I LOVE it!!!! Thanks ladies 😘
Lee-Anna T.
Altamonte Spg, FL
I want this!!!! Is it only available online?
Tatianna F.
Does this product look good on brown skin?