BY ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS #1 in Highlighter

• Would this look good on deep skin tones?6 Answers
  • I need a highlighter. Any suggestions both high end and d...12 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Teri B.
When I found out Amra A.K.A Amrezy was coming out with a highlighter I knew I had to get my hands on it as soon as it came out. I watched so many reviews of it to see how good it really was. Many people said it had no fall out in the pan at all and how it was this blinding highlight. I got super excited for it and could not wait to get mine in the mail. When I had finally gotten it in the mail I was super excited to try it out. When I swiped my brush (ABH Brush #23) in it I noticed some fall out from the pan, however it was very minimal compared to any other highlighter that has fallout. When I put it on I fell in love with it. It is such a beautiful highlight. I love that I have the option to have it subtle or blinding. I usually opt for blinding when I first put on my highlighter. It doesn't really stay put throughout the day, it wears down faster than my other highlighters do. I will say that it wears down nicely and to a more subtle, but still there, highlight. I love the sleekness (is that even a word?) and the design on the packaging. However I'm not too much of a fan of the glossy finish on the packaging, because it can get dirty fast. I also like how the packaging snaps shut and you have to push a button to get it open so it won't open in your makeup bag when you're on the go.
Over all with the few flaws of this product I still really like and enjoy this highlighter. The color is perfect and it just melts into the skin and I love that it is not glittery at all.
Alanna S.
Bryan, TX
Y’ALL. This is the holiest grail of holy grail highlighters. I don’t know why I was skeptical about this; maybe I just like to wait a little bit before buying a new product so I don’t seem like a sucker who buys every piece of pretty makeup I come across. WELL. This highlighter is both beautiful and functional, inside and out! Packaging is a solid 10/10. It’s absolutely gorgeous and the mirror is an actually useful size. Plus, the compact seems like it will protect the product inside even if it gets tossed in your makeup bag on accident. Also, let’s be real, after I opened this highlighter I was scared to touch it. That highlighter is prettier than me, my dog, and half the people I know. It looks like a little ripple of liquid sunshine and I can now understand why every beauty guru took 500 pictures of this for their insta before laying a finger on it. Once you get past the initial blinding beauty of it and decide to actually put that on your face, you will be stunned with how good it looks. I typically use a soft, fluffy brush (not too big) for my highlight so I can control my level of glow. This highlighter goes on like butter. It’s absolutely beautiful. Someone will probably marry this highlighter one day. It’s so easy to apply, it’s not powdery (zero fallout, girls), it doesn’t take off any of your underlying makeup, it blends beautifully, and it STAYS all day. I have oily skin, so this impressed me. This whole highlighter impressed me. Before I start sounding obsessed, you should probably just go buy this highlighter, because you’re not slaying without it.
Jeri S.
Centereach, NY
Ok..ok...ok...so we all know this highlighter has been hyped up like it can cure cancer (FYI...it can’t)...and YES it’s gorgeous looking in the package. Like when you open it, you hear Angels sing, and this golden light just radiates out from the compact like whenever that suitcase is opened in ‘Pulp Fiction’...But...I was a little, teensy, weensy bit taken aback by the lack of product I was able to get onto my brush (now, before y’all come for me...lemme state I tried many a different brush; fan, contour, tapered highlight brush. ALL diff brands: Morphe, real techniques, Elf, Eco tools.)...or my beauty blender. When I swatched it in store, it was magnificent!!! So, when I went in with a beauty tool..be it a brush or blender...I was a lil...surprised.
Also I had to use...like...a lot of product to get that infamous “Amrezy” Instagram, BLINDING highlight. Which is ok..I love a highlighter that’s multitasking as a more natural shine and as a glam one when a bit extra is used...but this was not what I thought this specific highlight was. I bought this thinking it would be like “KAPOW” with one swipe.
Oh! And lemme add..I did try using my finger to apply it, since it seemed to swatch better on the finger (like I lightly touch it and alotta product would be on it!!) and it like would NOT transfer from my finger to my face...like AT ALL...and before anyone suggests it was maybe a fake or knock off...I bought it in Macy’s at the ABH counter.
Again don’t get it twisted...I LOVE my #AmrezyABHhighlighter ...I just kinda expected something different. All in all it’s fantastic and if you’re like ME...and LOVE highlighters...and LOVE Anastasia Beverly Hills products...then BUY IT!!! Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Highlighter light brilliant gold
Rachel S.
La Habra, CA
I’ll be honest I remember trying it for the first time and I was kind of underwhelmed. I had previously been using and obsessed with the Becca champagne pop highlighter and I tried this one and I felt it didn’t give me what I was looking for. Given it did make my skin look wet I felt like there was no sparkle in this highlighter. Which there isn’t however I used it again about a month after leaving it in my makeup drawer and I fell in love. I think the problem was in the beginning it just was nothing like a Becca highlighter so it wasn’t giving me what I wanted. But when I used it again I was like GURLLL I see why everyone likes it now. It gives the skin a very nice dewy look and looks so amazing. So in my opinion if you like highlighters with no sparkle or like glittery particles this highlight is the one for you. I don’t know I go through different phases with what kind of highlight I want and this one is a definite winner when you want a blinding wet look to your face. Highly recommend.
Denise H.
Wilmington , NC
Like every other makeup obsessive in the world, when I first saw this on social media, I knew I had to have it in my collection ASAP!  The ripple design of the highlight makes it look as if liquid gold has been poured into the compact.  I am in love with the packaging and design!  Like many other influensters have mentioned, I too thought that this would be absolutely and effortlessly blinding in one swipe, like it was for all of the gurus on IG!  I was a bit dissapointed at first swipe because it was very sheer and meh for me, but I was using it dry and with a  Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Setting Brush which I use for other highlighters.  I began to notice that most of the ones getting blinding results with this were all using a more dense brush, so I picked up the  NYX Holographic Halo Liquid Highlighting Brush and started using it spritzed with some
M.A.C Cosmetics Prep Plus Prime Fix+  and finally achieved the glam glow of Amrezy!  I knocked off one star for this review mainly because of that issue, but at the same time I feel like this was a learning experience for me to learn a new technique!
Kelsey P.
Yes, it’s hyped. Yes, it’s definitely worth the hype, and here’s why: I’m a natural highlight kinda person. I like a sheer gloss on my cheekbones and nose that looks vibrant but discrete, I wore the matte radiance by Laura Mercier daily before purchasing the amrezy highlighter. This works perfectly for a natural day to day highlighter, but Ive noticed I’m able to achieve a higher intensity as well. It can be applied heavier to give a beautiful, reflective sheen that is breathtakingly glowy, but still somehow manages to avoid looking super fake. The color is a sheer, warmish nude with no glitter or micro glitter, and it truly does look good on every complexion (I’m olive, my best friend is dark, and coworkers are more fair, and we all adore it). The formula is interesting in a good way, very finely milled and pressed into the pan firmly (with absolutely no kickback dust after use) giving imo more control with the amount picked up and applied. The price is great for the amount of product. I would and definitely will be purchasing this again, especially because it’s limited edition. This is a 10/10. I can’t stress that enough!
Julie J.
Los Angeles, CA
So when I found out that the highlight god amrezy was coming out with a highlighter of course I was super excited to try! Her highlight Is always on point.I was able to get my hands on her highlight and it was my FIRST product ever from Anastasia Beverly hills. I was so excited to try on when I received it but was sadly disappointed.As I applied the highlight onto my face is was not shining or glisining like I've seen on peoples photos who were wearing the product. I even tried two different highlight brushes but that didn't help. I also tried wet and dry but still no difference...sad to say. Its such a pretty product but idk why It doesn't work well for me. Both times I have used it I had to layer and mix other highlights to make it to my liking. I do like the packaging of the product. I like the selection of colors she choose black and gold. And for the price and amount of product it comes with is reasonable. But I'm not ready to give up yet and I'm eager to make this highlight work for me. My sister bought as well as said to scratch off the top layer to male it apply better so idk if I should try that but don't wanna mess up my highlight. Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Highlighter light brilliant gold
Jennifer C.
Tewksbury, MA
It’s no secret that one of top trend products in the makeup industry is highlighters. For the past year, brand after brand has been releasing and trying to out do each other with the most blinding highlighters that can be seen from outer space. However, it’s also no secret that Anastasia Beverly Hills takes the cake when it comes to creating highlighters that are buttery smooth, melt into the skin, wet looking without emphasizing texture, just pure sheens of GLOW on the skin.. which is what the average consumer seeks for! I own quite a few of their highlighter palettes, as well as both Illuminators, and I have to say that this ABHxAmrezy collaboration highlighter is my fave from the brand! I have a light olive skin tone so personally, I tend to stick with gold / champagne tone highlighters. This highlight is a true pale gold, making it beautiful and wearable for a variety of skin tones ranging from light to dark. It does not leave any strange dark casts on your face. It’s buildable and the blendability makes it effortless to achieve a perfect wet looking sheen of golden glow on the high points of your face and/or body! Though it’s the product itself that really matters, I have to take a second to appreciate the packaging and overall look of the product. The black shiny packaging with gold lettering is timeless and looks luxe. When you open it, the product has a slight wave imprint, giving the consume desert vibes, which goes along great for the product considering this highlight makes it looks like you’ve been bathing in direct sunlight for hours. I can’t say enough amazing things about this product. Price point is extremely fair - it goes for $28 retail in US dollars, which isn’t bad at all coming from a high end brand!
Morgan B.
I have always loved the bond between Anastasia Beverly Hills and makeup artists/creators. They have always been so generous in sending out their products to have them be reviewed by Influencers. Amrezy is a makeup goddess and the combination of that with the fact that Anastasia Beverly Hills has NEVER been a company to scam their customers made sure that the purchase I was making through them wasn't going to stab me in the back. This highlighter seems very universal to me, in the reviews I've seen on a multitude of different skin tones. I have very red and pale skin so gold highlighter didn't at first seem the best option (I have usually gone to a more pearl/pink shade or just white/silver like the Jeffree Star Ice Cold highlighter). However, this is great for even the palest of skin tones. I wear the NARS Tinted Moisturizer for foundation and will wear this or sometimes combine it with the Jeffree Star skin frost highlighter and it's truly amazing. This highlighter is more foil-y and not powdery which is EXACTLY what I want and in my opinion, is what everyone wants! It glows on you and brings out a shine without looking powdery or cakey. It honestly is an amazing highlighter and the ripples in it in the packaging are just very innovative to make it stand out from the rest of the highlighters in the market. Love that it has a TON of product but is travel friendly and with a mirror. Perfect purchase, can't wait to see this formula in different shades of highlighters that ABH will hopefully release in the future!
Alexandra R.
Carpentersvle, IL
Let me just say this: I own 2 ABH highlighting kits and as much as I love them this takes the trophy. I just got it today and IM OBSESSED. It’s a shimmery gold-champagne finish and I love gold and champagne highlighters. It isn’t chunky with glitter at all. Honestly you don’t even feel like you got much product on the brush itself, but then when you brush it on your skin it looks amazing. It’s subtle, yet there and definitely buildable. I love that it’s a gel-powder formula, so there is NO FALLOUT. I compared to my other ABH highlights and they have much fallout but that’s okay, still love them. Everyone should get one of these since it’s limited edition. I have a feeling I’m gonna have this highlighter for a long time. The pictures are kinda blurry, but you get the gist of it. Excuse the texture on my face. Oh and I almost forgot, IT DOESNT EMPHASIZE texture! The texture on my face was because of my bronzer.
Sajia S.
Samantha R.
Is this glittery or more of a sheen?
Geralis P.
Is this like worth it?
Beverly B.
Lebanon, TN
This is beautiful!! Has anyone tried it?
Ida-Maria_Aalto A.
helsinki
Does this shade suit people with fair skin?