Amtrak

by Amtrak

#1 in Rail Lines

Do Amtrak trains have WiFi?
Has anyone Amtrak-ed cross country?
Essa empresa é boa ?
Start your review of Amtrak!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
I've had great experience traveling with Amtrak it takes longer than a plane but it's much more scenic and easier than driving yourself.in reviews
I've taken the train several times from Montana to Washington State - wish that they weren't always running behind!in reviews
I have experienced delays many times into Penn station but everyone is very accommodating on keep everyone updated on delays. in reviews
The ability to walk around without having to worry about cabin pressure and other airplane related issues is often liberating.in reviews
Yes it takes longer than a flight but when you factor in security and time in the airport, I'll take the train any day.in reviews
miss L.
I have actually had some really bad experiences using this train service unfortunately. When I was younger I really enjoyed riding amtrak.unfortunately it has changed and I have been extremely miss treated upon their trains.last time I had a bad experience I decided enough was enough.so I called there customer service only to be treated very badly. They issued me like a 10 dollar credit for all the horrible things I went through.I was on that train in a wheelchair for two days with no redcap service (I requested at the time of ticket purchase )and the car they placed me on had no working bathroom so I had no way to get to another train car. For 2 days I sat in my own bodily fluids.
Emily S.
Yelm, WA
A few years back I took the Amtrak from Olympia, WA to Sacramento, CA with my then 3 year old daughter for Christmas. We got one of their private Superliner Roomette's and it was so great! With an 18 hour trip on our hands I was happy to have our own beds and privacy. The crew was wonderful! They made sure to wake us up 20 min. before we arrived at our destination, and returned 10 min. later to make sure we hadn't fallen back to sleep. And the food served for room service was GREAT!
Homa S.
Charlottesville, VA
Admittedly, US trains have NOTHING on Europe, but Amtrak isn't bad. A little overpriced for the condition of the trains, and a little late a lot of the time, but it's a fun way to get to where you need to go. Sadly, the bus is cheaper and more convenient from the smallish college town where I am, but I do take the train occasionally. I wish the wifi worked a little better, and sometimes the other passengers can be a bit sketch. Still, yay trains!
Tiffany S.
Lemon grove
I have used the Amtrak many times. The seats are comfortable and much larger than airplane seats, most have charging ports (great for keeping those laptops and phones charged up), and the staff is friendly. A great way to get somewhere without the hassle of traffic!
Janett J.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I use this transportation a few times a year. The bus and the train, seatings on the bus were comfortable. Seatings on the train where comfortable and have room to walk if you are getting tired of seating. food is edible but yes they do run out of food pretty fast, so if you are traveling with kids then you should to hurry or bring your own food. Restrooms are smelly, that is the only part I didn’t like about the train. I buy my tickets online, when I need to change my trip it was necessary to call someone on the phone they are very helpful, and give me some credit if there is difference in the price. I sow people in San Diego taking the train to work or students going back to college from holidays. Over all is a good experience, if you have the extra time and want to save money, because is cheaper than flying.
brittany B.
Hanover, PA
I took Amtrak for the first time over the summer - it was freezing inside and I had pants and a jacket on! Also, for the price of one way is almost the same as a plane ticket in which you get there much faster.
Stephanie S.
Niceville
Globetrotter Expert Level 5
Amtrak uploaded by Stephanie S.
Amtrak is great and going on the Auto Train from Lorton, VA to Sanford, FL really takes the stress off driving to Disney!!
Ravan A.
Pittsburgh, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I’ve only taken Amtrak twice and each time it pretty much ruined my trip. The first time we were delayed nearly 16 hours by freight traffic and we were only going for a two day trip to Chicago so it ate up a full day and the second time we got delayed by 8 hours of freight traffic and I missed the event we were going for even though I asked about this because of my first experience and they assured me that was not common - well it’s way too expensive to have a 50/50 chance of showing up for what you’re actually going to. Don’t do this, just fly or megabus - just a pain in the arse.
Carissa M.
Waterbury, CT
Every year I enjoy a long but joyful ride down to Orlando, Fl to start my vacation and back as it comes to an end. Just two weeks ago I took a train from Virginia to FL. I am able to bring my car along when I drive to Virginia and board the train that will bring my car all the way to FL with me. This means I do not have to rent a car. Believe it or not, I've saved money this way. Amtrak staff is very kind. I have two little ones. They make the experience a good one. There is dining carts so you can grab breakfast. Very accommodating. I could easily take a plane to Florida. Though, I prefer a romantic train ride instead.
sasha D.
Whitehall, PA
I traveled on Amtrak in Philly and New York city. The customer service was good. Had no issues while I was on the train and found it easy to purchase tickets for different railways would recommend this as a way of traveling through cities instead of cabs.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...