BY AMPRO

Ampro® Pro Styl® Protein Styling Gel.
Adds body and sheen. see more...

• I have been using this type of gel for a minute now. Is there som...2 Answers
Ampro Pro Styl Protein Styling Gel
  • "works really well with thick hair, it does leave black balls in your hair after it hardens and when its time to comb out your hair" in 2 reviews
  • "this gel works really well with natural hair; does not flake or harden after long periods of wearing." in 1 review
  • "Black gel I used it when my hair was full natural because I have really thick hair works great but I suggest you do not use it on clean hair use it when your close to washing your hair since it is black gel it will leave hair dirty looking if you try to comb it out and leave it " in 1 review
Chelsey R.
W Springfield, MA
One of the best gels I've ever used. I stopped using gel for years until I found this one and it lasts all day long! It keeps my baby hairs in check and even though the gel is brown it does not stain my burgundy hair. I use this gel every day before work and sometimes at night for protective styles. I have very thick curly hair and it works perfectly for me. Especially for slick back hair styles with a bun.
Keira H.
Hamlet, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really love this jail. It fits my hair type and I can style my hair easily with this. It slicks your hair down and it helps curl your hair if you have natural curls. It doesn't flake and it's very affordable. They have it in different sizes and as soon as I run out, I go get more so I strongly recommend this of you're looking for gel that styles your hair and is not flaky.
Aneasha M.
Surprise, AZ
I've been using this hair gel for over a decade. I may venture out and try another from time to time, but I always return to this. I have super curly hair and this gel tames my hair with ease. I am able to achieve tailored buns and ponytails with the help of this product. It's not drying and I feel the protein helps strengthen my hair. Oh! And it's inexpensive!
Empress C.
stone mountain
I really like this hair gel because of the strong hold that it gives, but u wouldn't really recommend it to anyone who is a stickler about products when it comes to their natural hair.But if u would like to wear it occasionally then go for it!.Has a really great hold!
Brayla J.
Baton rouge Louisiana
This works really great with African American hair. It smells really nice and it slicks your hair down. This is a really great way to get your hair to stay down and it's not very pricey at all I found this at a nearby hair store. This version I had bought is the clear version which which means there is no color to it.
Marisol Z.
Vallejo, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got the clear ultra hold and I don't think it did enough. Maybe it's the sectors of the hair because it was on Spanish textured hair. But I expected it to hold while I was braiding and sadly it wasn't really holding .
Nicole D.
Gary, IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ampro Pro Styl Super Hold Gel is my go to hair gel. I love this stuff. I never have to worry about flyaway edges or my hair getting messy and out of place. It truly provides a super hold. I use it all the time. It's a great product.
Joi J.
Concord, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
If you need a good strong hold then this is the gel for you.. it is very long lasting and holds very well. Ampro Pro Styl Protein Styling Gel is very inexpensive and you can find it pretty much anywhere from your local pharmacy to any big box store or beauty supply store, even the grocery store usually has it. The only drawback is that it can flake and leave the brown residue behind if you scratch your hair.. but that is minimal.
rayzhane a.
Las Vegas, NV
Beauty Junkie Expert
In my opinion this is the best gel. It holds hair down really good and keeps it all in place. It broke my hair off but that's because I didn't always wash it out. If you use this just make sure you're washing it out at the end of the day because it does damage.
Kalaeja F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Alot of naturals don't like this gel but I prefer it. It's the only gel that gives my hair hold and definition. Though it does get hard I just scrunch the crunch out with some oil. I can't keep the gel in for more than three days because my head will start itching. It also leaves product residue but it's nothing I can't handle.
Shanta C.
Macon, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been using this type of gel for a minute now. Is there something else I can add to my hair with it to keep it from getting so hard?