AmLactin Ultra Hydrating Body Cream

by AmLactin

Triple Action Alpha Hydroxy Therapy. Heals severe dry areas. Smooths, repairs, softens. Advanced Ultraplex® formula. Fragrance free. Dermatologist recommended, clinically proven The ultimate recovery therapy for severe dry skin, AmLactin® Ultra with Ultraplex® gently exfoliates and is clinically proven to intensely hydrate for long-lasting moisture and serious relief.  With rich humectants and creamy emollients, AmLactin® Ultra will repair your skin.  A little goes a long way. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. .

Where can I buy this?
Does this leave a greasy and/or dirty feeling after it dries? Is this a good product for diabetics?
Does this lotion absorb quickly? I want to try it out for my keratosis pilaris but I'm not a fan of the sticky lotion feeling.
Start your review of AmLactin Ultra Hydrating Body Cream!
Product Highlights
“...which is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA). AHAs help to reduce to amount of dry skin build up on the surface of your skin and give it a radiant glow. Lactic Acid is an extremely gentle acid. It is naturally found in our bodies anyway so most people have little to no adverse reaction to it. Lactic Acid is also hydrating, so it works wonders on dry skin. Although this formula is heavy, I use it on my oily skin at night and there is no residue left in the morning. The smell is not the greatest, but it doesn't last long. ” in reviews
“As for the difference between the Moisturizing Lotion and the Ultra Hydrating Body Cream is that the body cream is made for dryer skin. It consist of a “triple-action alpha-hydroxy therapy” that softens the skin as it repairs it. Needless to say, I felt like the Ultra Hydrating Body Cream worked better for my skin.” in reviews
“I love this product in the wintervwhen my skin is really dry to the harsh weather conditions and washing my hands a lot from working in the medical field.” in reviews
“It is very thick and great for dry skin. ” in reviews
Galveston, TX
Purchased at: Walgreens
I am not the biggest fan of this lotion because I have used it once a day for 7 days and haven't noticed much of a difference in my KP on my chest and arms. (There is a possibility lactic acid doesn't work for my skin but, hyaluronic acid will) Not to mention the price of this product. I believe it was like 15$/$18 for a small bottle. Wow. It does feel good as it is a thick lotion and I use it in small amounts and let it absorb. It absorbs nicely and doesn't leave a residue or pile up as well as i don't notice much of a scent which is great for sensitive skin. In my head if it is not working it could be how it doesn't work for my skin or I am not applying enough (in that case the price would be redicilous). I will try another week applying twice a day but, I will not be trying again.
Springfield, VA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Whenever my skin is being extra picky and dry i reach for this stuff! It is a little pricey compared to other drug store moisturizers but it is so worth it! My skin is happy and hydrated.
I have dry/rough patches of skin near my knees. My dermatologist recommended this to me to spot treat. The plus is that within one day my spots had dramatically improved. I spot treated and it required less then a pea size amount. A little goes a long way. The down side is that it takes a lot to rub in and absorb. I do not use this as a body lotion just to spot treat.
Chicago
I apply everyday before my sunscreen and it exfoliates my skin while locking in the moisture. My face always looks soft and hydrated. I wouldn’t recommend for oily skin.
Purchased at: Walmart
I have really dry skin on my arms due to some condition I don't know the name of, but my doctor recommended using amlactin because it contains lactic acid. It works really well, but feels super thick going on. My main complaint is the smell, but because it works, I can't complain.
Sugar Land, TX
Purchased at: Walmart
I was diagnosed with KP which gives me bumps all over my arms and back when I have dry skin. So happy my dermatologist recommended this over the counter moisturizer. My skin has never been this soft and smooth.
This lotion is the best! I got this as a sample in either my Sephora playbox or beautybox5. I am almost out of this sample and it cures seriously dry skin after a few uses. I've spent so much money on cheaper lotions only to have to keep reapplying it again. This lotion really does the job and it is pricey but definitely worth it, would buy a full size bottle next time. I am someone who meets lots of people for work, shaking hands, networking  and constantly washing my hands. This lotion doesn't smell like much but who needs scents when it does what is says?
Love this product! Very thick lotion, minimal scent, makes my skin feel hydrated quickly! I use it twice a day on my very dry skin and love the results! Would definitely recommend to others, worth the price!
Harrodsburg
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
If you have dry hands or feet this stuff will take care of the problem. Im a hairstylist and in water all the time. Especially in winter they are worse. I apply this before bed evey night and in a weeks time my hands are better. I use on feet all year round but mostly in summer months due to wearing flip flops. Those terrible heels you get from wearing them. Again apply at night and week your good to go
Sparta
Purchased at: H-E-B
Total game changer. Got rid of all of the little bumps on my legs and arms. Incredibly potent, only need a little bit of lotion. I applied after showering for about 4-5 weeks and my skin has been totally smooth ever since! I keep some on hand in case bumps come back with cold/dry weather but so far I haven’t needed any!