Skin CareBody CareLotion & MoisturizersAmLactin
Alpha-Hydroxy Therapy Moisturizing Body Lotion Fragrance Free

AmLactin Alpha-Hydroxy Therapy Moisturizing Body Lotion Fragrance Free

by AmLactin

Relieves Rough, Dry Skin Gently Exfoliate, Intensely Hydrates Fragrance Free, Non-Greasy Dermatologist Recommended Clinically Proven Aha Usher-Smith Pharmaceuticals Since 1918

Does this product really help with severely dry skin?
If you use this for KP issues, how well has it worked for you?
I see some people use it on their faces- have you had any negative side effects?
Start your review of AmLactin Alpha-Hydroxy Therapy Moisturizing Body Lotion Fragrance Free!
Product Highlights
I tend to have hyper sensitive skin with a tendency to be dry. This product is very effective in re-moisturizing my dry skin (especially in winter). I do feel like I have to seal it in with a petroleum product like vaseline or aquaphor. in reviews
...didn’t love so much was that it was fragrance fre. While someone who’s sensitive to scents may, I personally need a slight scent. So let’s just say it doesn’t smell nice to put on but it’s a nice, soothe, and long lasting softness. in reviews
I also use it on my face at night.in reviews
I started using it because I have severe KP on my arms.in reviews
This lotion is not very thick and does not help to make my skin feel less dry. in reviews
Saint Louis, MO
I have mild KP on my thighs and consistently mild dry skin. It works well. It is poorly priced at the drugstore, but is occasionally on sale. Can be bought online sometimes for cheaper. I prefer Alpha Hydrox Silk Body Wrap (which is cheaper and smells better, but isn't listed for review on this site). Also, I really like Paula Begoun's Resist Skin Revealing 10% AHA Lotion, but I find the size of the bottle to be prohibitive. It's a treat sometimes if it's on sale and I'm placing an order from the site.
Dallas
Purchased at: Walmart
I use this during the winter to combat dull dry skin. The smell isn’t my favorite so I usually let it sink into the skin and follow up with my Nivea firming serum. It just makes my skin so soft and supple.
Seattle, WA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I would say it's ok for a lotion. I can't say I noticed anything special about it. The scent was light, it moisturized as well as your basic jergen's. I wouldn't make it my go-to but if I had it around I would use it. It did take a bit of time to fully absorb into my skin. I would skip this and buy gold bond if I were shopping.
Saint Cloud, FL
I received this as a deluxe sample in a Target Beauty Box. The lotion has Alpha Hydroxy in it and exfoliates the skin so you have to make sure you're using sunscreen with it. The lotion is thick, white in color and despite saying it's fragrance free it definitely has a distinct scent, sort of chemical like. I found the only way that I could get this lotion to absorb in a way that didn't feel tacky on my skin was to apply it right out of the shower with warm wet skin. My skin did feel really soft all day once my skin dried. Would not purchase.
Yoder, IN
I got a nice size sample in a Target beauty box. This lotion has to got to be the worst lotion I have ever tried. It smells like hair dye on the skin and it has a sunburn warning on the back. WTH?!?!? Definitely pass on this one.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
It's not bad but doesn't provide instant relief for really dry skin like I had hoped. The lotion formula is nice if you're just looking for a regular moisturizer but if you're looking for a winter fix I don't think it's the right product.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
AmLactin Alpha-Hydroxy Therapy Moisturizing Body Lotion Fragrance Free uploaded by Tracy K.
I received this in a beauty subscription box. One that I paid for myself. I can't remember now which one it was in. I know it says it's fragrance free but I do feel there is a fragrance to it. Maybe it's it's own fragrance which is offputting to me. I didn't care for the smell. It is non-greasy as it says but does take a while to absorb. I thought I did a good job but I don't think I would repurchase it
Payson, AZ
I have weird bumps on my upper arms and this has done MAGIC to get rid of them! I've had these bumps for 10 years and I've never even improved them slightly until this lotion. I would highly recommend it to anyone, especially if you have weird bumps (KP).
AmLactin Alpha-Hydroxy Therapy Moisturizing Body Lotion Fragrance Free uploaded by Kyla Camille J.
I have tried all sorts of lotions and creams to try and keep me from getting ashy and keeping my skin moisturized, and while I use shea butter on my skin at night, it's just too thick. for daily use; enter Amlactin. Since using Amlactin, the quality of my skin has increased exponentially. Admittedly there was an adjustment period to the AHAs (which caused a bit of skin hypersensitivity to the sun, and some mild itchiness) in the lotion, but now that I've adjusted I can't imagine not using it daily.
Columbia, SC
Amlactin has been my miracle solution for my KP. Nothing worked to get rid of it. I tried changing to sensitive products only, I tried exfoliating, I tried other lotions and nothing really helped much. I was hesitant to buy this just because it is SO expensive. But I finally did and helped tremendously. I use it sparingly, but it definitely makes my KP all but disappear. The smell isn't bad and it isn't too greasy. It is worth the price.