BY AMLACTIN

Relieves Rough, Dry Skin Gently Exfoliate, Intensely Hydrates Fragrance Free, Non-Greasy Dermatologist Recommended Clinically Proven Aha Usher-Smith Pharmaceuticals Since 1918 see more...

• I see some people use it on their faces- have you had any negativ...2 Answers
  • If you use this for KP issues, how well has it worked for you?1 Answers
AmLactin Alpha-Hydroxy Therapy Moisturizing Body Lotion Fragrance Free
  • "I tend to have hyper sensitive skin with a tendency to be dry. This product is very effective in re-moisturizing my dry skin (especially in winter). I do feel like I have to seal it in with a petroleum product like vaseline or aquaphor. " in 8 reviews
  • " The Moisturizing lotion was a lot thicker compared to the hydrating body cream. The reason why that it works so well is because it was created with a special formula with 12% lactic acid and this is certainly not a bad thing. It’s actually good. It helps maintain the ph-balance so that it works in keeping it staying hydrating. My favorite part of AmLactin is that it is non-greasy. Greasy lotions are the worst because you have to wait 5-10 minutes before the lotion actually sets in… otherwise, you smear it on anything or everything. What I didn’t love so much was that it was fragrance fre. While someone who’s sensitive to scents may, I personally need a slight scent. So let’s just say it doesn’t smell nice to put on but it’s a nice, soothe, and long lasting softness. " in 3 reviews
  • "This lotion is not very thick and does not help to make my skin feel less dry. " in 1 review
  • "I also use it on my face at night." in 1 review
  • "I started using it because I have severe KP on my arms." in 1 review
Adriana V.
I love the full sized AmLactin lotion and have been awaiting a travel sized version because I have had issues putting the lotion in travel containers in the past (the acid in the lotion can cause the dye in the bottle to run - yuck!). This is a good compromise, but $2.99 for 2 ounces seems pretty steep. Buy this for the stable, travel sized container, and just refill with your larger bottle of AmLactin. If you're buying this to try AmLactin, keep the container if you buy the larger bottle! You'll get too addicted to the smooth skin and reduction in KP from AmLactin and you won't want to travel without it!
Angela S.
Brooklyn, NY
Amlactin was recommended to me by a coworker. I use it on my hands before bed. I don't find the smell particularly nice, but the lotion is quite moisturizing without being greasy.
Ashley M.
Hopkins, MN
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I received this in a beauty box quite a while back. The product works well, but the smell is so strong and it makes my hands look and feel greasy. I'm not personally a fan of this one and prefer other lotions.
Jen F.
Cutler Bay, FL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I received this in a beauty box (I bought it, not free) and was excited about the moisturizing claims. It does moisturizer well, but while it says "fragrance-free," when I put it on my skin, it smells like ammonia. One of the ingredients is ammonium lactate. I looked at other reviews on another website (more medical in nature) and this has rave reviews for severely dry skin. I may use this on my legs and feet but cannot use it on my hands and arms because the smell is too much for me. Gives me a headache. Will not repurchase.
Jessie R.
Saint Cloud, FL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I received this as a deluxe sample in a Target Beauty Box. The lotion has Alpha Hydroxy in it and exfoliates the skin so you have to make sure you're using sunscreen with it. The lotion is thick, white in color and despite saying it's fragrance free it definitely has a distinct scent, sort of chemical like. I found the only way that I could get this lotion to absorb in a way that didn't feel tacky on my skin was to apply it right out of the shower with warm wet skin. My skin did feel really soft all day once my skin dried. Would not purchase.
Amber M.
Zanesville, OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
This is a great formula! I just got this a few days ago and so have already been seeing a difference in the appearance of my Keratosis Polaris! It may be pricey, but it works! I received the travel size and full size for just 20 dollars on  Boxed . I would recommend buying it there. You can get close to free shipping and free samples with your purchase!
Allison B.
Minneapolis, MN
I use this mainly on the backs of my legs which receive very little beauty attention and can be rough and bumpy. I use it twice a day and wash my hands after since it can increase sun sensitivity, although that's probably not necessary. My legs feel a bit smoother after a week and hopefully will continue to feel even better. It feels great after I put it on- smooth and cool, not greasy or itchy. I plan to keep using it all winter!
Melody R.
Seattle, WA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I would say it's ok for a lotion. I can't say I noticed anything special about it. The scent was light, it moisturized as well as your basic jergen's. I wouldn't make it my go-to but if I had it around I would use it. It did take a bit of time to fully absorb into my skin. I would skip this and buy gold bond if I were shopping.
Heidi B.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
This lotion is great for my dry skin. It is creamy and does leave skin with an "oily/greasy" feeling, but since I have dry skin, I don't mind using a heavier body lotion. For people who don't have dry skin, this might be too heavy for an every day lotion, but might be perfect for winter when most people have dry skin issues.
chandra g.
Yoder, IN
I got a nice size sample in a Target beauty box. This lotion has to got to be the worst lotion I have ever tried. It smells like hair dye on the skin and it has a sunburn warning on the back. WTH?!?!? Definitely pass on this one.
Allison B.
Minneapolis, MN
I see some people use it on their faces- have you had any negative side effects?
Amber M.
Zanesville, OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
If you use this for KP issues, how well has it worked for you?