BeautyHairHair Productsamika
Sexture Beach Look Shampoo

amika Sexture Beach Look Shampoo

by amika

A two-in-one moisturizing texture shampoo that fights frizz and detoxifies, leaving hair with the perfect balance of texture and shine without over-drying. Hair Type: Straight, Wavy, Curly, and Coily Hair Texture: Fine, Medium, and Thick Hair Concerns: Frizz, Volumizing, and Oiliness Formulation: Rich Liquid Highlighted Ingredients:- Zeolite: Fights frizz, detoxifies hair, and builds long-lasting volume and texture. - Kaolin Clay: A rich, mineral clay derived from sedimentary rocks; has extraordinary oil-absorbing abilities to thoroughly cleanse dirt and absorb excess oil and impurities. - Rice Starches: Provide exceptional oil absorbing properties to absorb dirt, oils, and add volume and texture to hair. Ingredient Callouts: Free of sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, and triclocarban, and contains less than one percent of synthetic fragrances. This product is also cruelty-free and gluten-free. What Else You Need to Know: Sexture Beach Look Shampoo delivers the perfect base to clean hair and achieve a sexy, textured look no conditioner needed. Kaolin clay absorbs excess oil, while zeolite fights frizz and detoxifies without over-drying. Result is long-lasting grit and beachy texture. Clinical Results: Sea buckthorn berry (also known as obliphica) is included in all of Amika's haircare and styling products. It contains over 190 biologically active compounds, including vitamin C (15 times more than an orange), vitamin A (three times more than a carrot), and vitamin E. It also has high concentrations of the rare omega-7, making up 40 percent of the berry. Typically only found in fish oil, omega-7 keeps free radicals at bay and promotes the production of collagen, a key building block for skin, hair, and nails. Sea buckthorn has been thoroughly researched in over 130 modern scientific studies that have found that this berry promotes he

What does this shampoo smell like? Is it better that the nice cream conditioning wash?
My hair is pretty thick but fine and has a slight wave to it. Will this enhance my waves and make them more uniform?
Does this work with thick hair?
Start your review of amika Sexture Beach Look Shampoo!
Sheri O.
Beaufort, SC
1,620 reviews
amika Sexture Beach Look Shampoo uploaded by Sheri O.
This is such a fun scented shampoo and it gives my hair the perfect beachy smell and feel to it. It washes in wonderfully washes out well and lose my hair feeling soft and silky yet with a slight curl to it which I absolutely love. I want it from my hairdresser and couldn't be more thrilled! I'm definitely going to go back and get another bottle when this one runs out.
Jaclyn W.
East Windsor, NJ
amika Sexture Beach Look Shampoo uploaded by Jaclyn W.
Purchased at: TJ Maxx
This really does add some texture to your hair. It also lathers nicely and has an interesting scent. My one complaint is that as soon as i rinsed it out i could feel that my hair was quite tangled. However, some detangler helped fine. Satisfying product.
Amber F.
Prattville, AL
amika Sexture Beach Look Shampoo uploaded by Amber F.
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this initially, but I was in search of something that would enhance my waves so I wanted to give it a try. First, your scent is amazing. And it lasts! I washed my hair yesterday morning. Spent time outside, and then slept on it and it still smells so good. Second, it doesn't leave my hair oily but it doesn't over dry. I can go longer between washes but my hair doesn't feel like straw and it isn't left filled with tangles. Third, it brings out my waves in a surprisingly uniform way. They look messy, but in an "on purpose" way. It really lives up to the hype.
Christine B.
Turtle Creek, PA
amika Sexture Beach Look Shampoo uploaded by Christine B.
amika Sexture Beach Look Shampoo The shampoo is supposed to give you a sexy beach tousled style straight out of the shower. Just rinse your hair in the shower keep on for 1 to 2 minutes and then rinse no need for conditioner perfect for air drying. I must say I did get a bit of waves in my hair but nonetheless I have really bad frizzies unless I use Moroccan or Oregon oil so I had to add a little of that and I think my hair came out great! Looking forward to trying more of your Products!
Catherine X.
Deer Park, NY
amika Sexture Beach Look Shampoo uploaded by Catherine X.
Minus one star for feeling like it didn’t do that much to improve my hair. I freakin LOVED the scent. It’s very much like a perfume I would wear. So not great for those who like lighter scents or fragrance free products. The shampoo doesn’t really lather into a soapy foam. amika Sexture Beach Look Shampoo
Ivy C.
amika Sexture Beach Look Shampoo uploaded by Ivy C.
For reference, my hair is fine, thin and very straight. It also dries fast, has no texture, no body and no volume. It’s just flat. I really wanted to love this product but it just didn’t deliver as expected. Maybe it doesn’t work for my hair type. Pros: I absolutely love the way this smells! It’s light, girly and to me, smells a bit floral and fruity at the same time. When air dried, I will see some light effortless, messy, beachy and tousled bed head look. It also had a bit more texture for my hair to grab onto those wet waves while remaining soft. That is the goal albeit not dramatic. However, since my hair is naturally so straight that it doesn’t really hold any styles for longer than 20 mins whatsoever, I am pleased!! Cons: This product has zero to little lather. I find myself applying a lot of product to achieve a clean feeling and for the price point and how much product I have to use to get a little lather, is very expensive. It feels like applying a thick gel which turns into water. So I’m applying g water to my wet hair. Since this product says it does not require a conditioner, I also found that my hair gets VERY tangled. When I brushed out the tangled hair after air drying, the little textured and tousled look disappears instantly. So I tried detangling my hair while wet and I found that my hair just dried straight and no waves or texture was achieved. I also find that the textured look does not last all day. By midday, the style is gone.
Lies F.
Port St Lucie, FL
amika Sexture Beach Look Shampoo uploaded by Lies F.
Got this shampoo as an Add On on my Boxy. It cleanses well, and leaves hair very textured. It definitely gives you that beachy look. It smells good, and rinses out quickly.
zoe L.
I like this shampoo! It definitely gives the beach vibe look. All of amikas packaging is so cute, and this is no exception! It smells good too. I like using it with L'Oreal Paris TXT IT Tousle Waves Spray to really get that wavy look. Highly recommend!
Rachel M.
Hudsonville, MI
I really wanted to love this it smells great and all but I just don't. I wouldn't recommend this to someone with dry damaged hair. It didn't lather well so I felt like I needed more it was hard to spread threw my long thick hair. It made my hair feel really dry. I'm glad I didn't pay full price!
Kelly F.
Royse City, TX
This shampoo is fantastic for giving fine hair texture and body without creating tangles! I love the way it smells too. It’s a great product although I don’t use it every night because it has kaolin in it and I don’t want it building up on my scalp. It delivers great results but definitely should be spaced out and followed with a weekly clarifying shampoo
Ask a question to the Influenster community...