BY AMIKA

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

Which hair type is it good for? Straight Wavy Curly Coiled Tightly Coiled A straightening thermal brush that delivers sleek smooth hair in a single glide. Key benefits: - Tames flyaways while straightening - Preserves hair and increases shine by locking in moisture - Cuts down on styling time If you want to know more… Fusing the power of a straightener with the ease of a hairbrush, Polished Perfection Straightening Brush instantly creates smooth hair in a single stroke. Effortlessly achieve sleek style with the brush's double anion spray technology, which delivers millions of negative ions for shiny, smooth results. Designed with cool tip bristles, Polished Perfection gently glides through hair, taming flyaways while straightening every strand. Far infrared heat preserves hair by locking moisture into the cuticle, ensuring a luminous shine. Adjustable temperatures are suitable for all hair types and cut down on styling time replacing your dryer, comb, and straightener. The MCH heating element reaches 450- Fahrenheit and shuts off automatically after one hour, ensuring you peace of mind and easy styling. see more...

Buy on Sephora
Kim S.
Pros: The major pro for me is that using the Amika brush over my flat iron definitely results in less heat being delivered to my hair. Using heat on your hair can be really damaging so obviously the less heat the better. I also find that it is less work overall to use - like I can just casually brush through sections as opposed to all the clamping and such that is required with a flat iron. I also think its safer - I an touch my hand to top of the bristles for at least 5 seconds before it feels too hot for my skin (you probably should not actually be touching it haha) and as someone who has burned themselves with a flat iron as a teenager the safety factor is nice.

Cons: It did not actually save me any time - maybe if you had wavy hair it would but as someone with very curly hair I still had to go piece by piece so it took the same amount of time. Additionally - I felt like my hair was a little frizzier than it would have been with a flat iron- like maybe with less heat locking my hair in it just puffs up more. Its ok going into the colder months but I imagine during more humid times I would need to find some kind of product to deal with that.

Final thoughts: I definitely like the brush for an every day look and since I find it easier to use I'll continue using the brush for work days and such but I think if I had a special event I would probably still want the more polished look my flat iron provides.
Dana L.
I have a lot of thin “kinky” hair. It’s not straight but it’s not curly. Basically the underside (see picture) waves and then the top layer does whatever it feels like any given day. I use a regular straightener all of the time to get the kinks out but don’t make my hair stuck straight unless I’m going out. I was in the market for a new straightener and had watched a few reviews on this one so I figured why not give it a whirl.

I ordered this as a set from Sephora all for the same price as the full size version ($120). It includes the regular version & bag, a mini travel sized version with a cute metallic pink case, dry shampoo spray, & texturizing spray.

First Impression—
Design: The body has a no-slip-grip feel and black matte appearance. It’s sleek and not heavy. The “bristles” have a slight give to them and don’t feel tacky. Feels durable and well built. The buttons are on the arm for controlling the temperature and power without getting in the way while using.

Bristles: I was concerned that my hair was going to get stuck around these but it didn’t. I did brush my hair prior to using this just in case though.

Effectiveness: as pictured it definitely straightened my hair. I wouldn’t say it was stick straight but it was straighter than I normally make it when dragging a regular straightener through just to “de-kink” it. It’s straightening effect also allowed my hair to maintain its body and not appear flat. I also didn’t feel like I was going to accidentally burn myself - I’m clumsy so that’s a big positive in my book. I also didn’t get any weird lines that I sometimes get from “squeezing” too hard with my regular straightener.

Cons: it made a weird buzzing sound once turned on. I don’t know if that’s normal but if it’s not going to explode or die it’s tolerable. I also had to kind of hold the bottom of sections of hair as I pulled it through to get a really straight look - I do however have thin hair so this might work more easily on thicker hair - not that this wasn’t super easy because it was.

It cut down the time I spend straightening my hair and I didn’t feel like my hair was burning. I really like the concept of it too. The reason this isn’t getting 5 stars in my book is just that I had to help it along a little by pulling my hair straight while running it through. Overall I would definitely recommend this.

(Excuse the crazy eyes my bathroom lighting is way harsh when I try to keep them open 😫)
Carly W.
Verona, PA
this is life changing. no joke. I am used to the normal flat irons from chi. when my chi died I decided to try this since it came in a pack with some dry shampoo and stuff and I actually love it! my hair is long and pretty thick and this cuts my straightening time in half! I do still separate my hair into sections just since it is so thick, but since it's a brush it's so easy to just brush through my hair. I would still recommend a heat protectant/anti frizz spray since this did make my hair a little "static-y"...but I think that might have been used error from me being in a rush and brushing through my hair very quickly 😑 overall I would definitely recommend this to a thick wavy-straight haired friend! (not sure if this packs enough punch to straighten real tight ringlet type curls)
Meloni A.
Spokane
I really enjoy my amika straightening brush! I feel it saves me time when I really want to have straighter hair but don't have time to spend using my croc straightener. If I take the time, I get get the same quality of straightening that I get with the croc, but I typically use my amika for days that I have less time, and expect that the straightening power won't be as strong.. Would definitely recommend.
Jessica B.
Gray
I was very skeptical. I had seen reviews of other brand's products that were similar. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It pretty much works like a flat iron but with bristles. I have thick, wavy hair. It looks awful if I don't either straighten it or curl it. This product makes it easy amika Polished Perfection Straightening Brush and fast to fix my hair in a hurry.
Amy R.
Washington DC
I absolutely love this brush.  I have very wavy/frizzy hair and regular flatirons could never give me the full "blowout" look that I wanted.  This brush with it's heated bristles (which won't burn you if you accidentally touch for a second) does the trick!  And, it works so fast!  You can actually brush it through just a few times and see the difference.  Love it!
Danielle A.
I searched reviews on this for weeks before I bought this, because I was hesitant to purchase this and spend so much money. But I’m glad I did! I purchased this at Sephora when they were having a 15% off sale for VIBs. And I purchased it in a bundle that cost the same price, and included full size Anika deep conditioning treatment, texturing spray, and another product. This straightening brush is amazing for my thick, curly, sometimes unruly hair. It gives me a salon blowout look and takes only about 20 minutes to style. I used to use a regular straightener once in a while, but this straightening brush gives me a much more sophisticated look. I’m glad I invested in this!
Angelina V.
Austin , TX
Straighten my hair while brushing it! Sign me up!! This was super easy and worked so much better than I expected it to! I have thick hair so straightening it takes forever but I was done in under 10 minutes!
Kailey Jan M.
Greenbush, MN
Yes yes yes! This is an awesome time saver! Not only does it make your hair soft and straight, it also cuts the time you need to do your hair in half! I love this product. Also got it at sephora with 3 full size hair products for just the price of the straightener! 10/10 and would purchase again!
Vasavi K.
Beaumont, TX
Did nothing for my thick but not super thick, coarse wavy/curly-ish hair. Returned it immediately. Just not worth it whatsoever. I’m guessing this is primarily meant for less curly less thick hair. I’m sure it works for some people but def not for me!
Rauwolfia M.
Glendale, NY
Is this really worth the money ? Does it cut down on styling time ? Is it really less damaging to hair? Also what type of hair styles can you achieve with this tool? amika Polished Perfection Straightening Brush
Buffy G.
I wanna get this around the summer! I was wondering how well it works?
Courtney M.
Ewing, NJ
Is this really worth the money? What makes it better than the cheaper straightening brushes? I saw this product on Sephora and it had amazing reviews, but the reviews on here are really mixed so now I'm hesitating to buy it and may go with something cheaper. Any reason I should change my mind?
Kelsey K.
Newton, IL
Really wanting to try a straightening brush like this. I have fine, kinky/wavy hair. Is it worth the price? Or is there another brand out there that is better?
Veronica S.
Do you recommend this? Its been on my wish list for awhile now.

back