amika Perk Up Dry ShampooInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY AMIKA #1 in Dry Shampoo

Which hair type is it good for? Straight Wavy Curly Coiled Tightly Coiled A dry shampoo formulated without talc or aluminum that instantly refreshes hair by absorbing excess oil and adding volume with natural rice starch. Key benefits:- Naturally cleans and deodorizes hair- Adds instant volume- Cools and refreshes scalpIf you want to know more… Perk Up Dry Shampoo is your secret weapon to maintaining your style. Enriched with natural rice starch, which immediately works to absorb excess oils, Perk Up Dry Shampoo is one of the only dry shampoos on the market formulated without aluminum starch or telltale, chalky talc. Whether you're in need of a quick no-wash cleanse or an extra boost of volume, a swift mist of this Sea Buckthorn Berry-infused formula leaves hair instantaneously soft and refreshed, while a spray to the roots adds instant amplification. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates This product is color-free, contains no harmful ingredients, and leaves no dreaded dusty residue, just naturally revitalized hair. It is safe for color-treated, Brazilian-treated and keratin-treated hair. Sea Buckthorn contains over 190 biologically active compounds, including vitamin C (15 times more than an orange), vitamin A (three times more than a carrot), and vitamin E. It also has high concentrations of the rare omega-7. Typically only found in fish oil, omega-7 keeps free radicals at bay and supports the natural production of collagen, a key building block for skin, hair and nails.

• Has any one of you reached your MAXIMUM # of follows? It ...2 Answers
  • How long does it last?3 Answers
  • Does anyone know where I can purchase this online?3 Answers
Brianna C.
Flatwoods, TN
My first time trying this brand, and I must say, I'm in awe! Can't believe I hadn't tried them before! Lol I'm a dry shampoo fanatic! But I got the chance to now and wow. Smells great, and makes my hair look like I just stepped out of the shower clean! And with extra bounce and volume! My hair is normally very flat, fine, and straight. This is like some magic in a bottle. Bc my hair looks amazing when I use it. Will buy more when I run out. Love it! Even the bottle it comes in, is super cute! amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo Mini
Crystal L.
Bayside, NY
I generally don’t reach for dry shampoo especially in the winter months because my hair often doesn’t leave the bun on top of my head. I found that with this brand that it does a good job at leaving my hair and my roots especially looking freshly washed. To use I applied a bit of spray on my part and around my hairline, then I proceeded to brush my hair out. as a busy mom I don’t often have time to style my hair most days. When Im short on time this is a great way to put my self together and then take care of my family.
STEFANIE F.
Conroe, TX
I received the Anika Perk Up dry Shampoo in my Best of Beauty Influenster box. I haven’t been much of a fan of most dry shampoos because of the texture it adds, but this one isn’t as bad. It soaks up my oil, gives my hair lift, and makes my hair smell good without being overwhelming.
Amanda M.
Bridgeport, CT
I love this dry shampoo!! I think it’s much better than other brands i’ve tried such as Dove and NYM. The smell is great but not too much. it does leave white residue as soon as you apply it. but once you brush/shake it off and blend it in, it is perfect. I’ve used this to style second day hair to absorb oil as my hair is very oily but i’ve also used it to give my hair some volume. I really love this product and would recommend it to a friend. I received this from the Influenster’s Best in Beauty Box that I purchased.
Abby G.
Omaha, NE
This stuff gives great volume for a dry shampoo without all the "white" baby powder residue. I could go without washing for a week. It doesn't make your hair all tangly and straw like like other brands. I am very satisfied with my hair dresser's recommendation. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star review is because it is a bit pricey compared to others, but overall, I would say it is worth the extra price! Try blow drying after putting it in for extra volume!
Chelsea H.
Lynchburg, VA
I've loved this since the first time I tried it, but it's so expensive that I can't really buy it for myself regularly. This was the first dry shampoo that ever worked for me. It smells amazing, gives gorgeous volume and texture, and just overall makes your hair look freshly washed- no matter how long it's been. This is going to forever be my absolute favorite dry shampoo - even though it's more expensive than I prefer by a long shot.
Brittany R.
Smells amazing and works great. It come out slightly whitish, but one rubbed in for brushed through the “white” goes away. I have dark roots and they never look ashy. The key is not using too much, gold the bottle far away, and let it sit a few minutes to soak up any oil.

The bottle doesn’t last very long if you use dry shampoo on a regular basis (I do). The packaging is adorable too!
Karen C.
Tampa, FL
I, love, love this dry shampoo!! This is my favorite go to! It smells amazing, works great, and does an amazing job!  It is a little pricey, but it is all worth it. I really can't say enough about this product. The whole line is amazing, but I really love the dry shampoo. It is great for those in between washes, it really refreshes the hair.
McKayla S.
Provo, UT
Okay this is my favorite dry shampoo and I've used a ton as a cosmetologist! Here are my top five reasons why:

1. It Performs: I have blonde hair and it starts looking oily very quickly. This perks it right up without having to use excessive product or leaving too much of that white powder film/finish that screams I haveny washed my hair! Overall super impressed. Does not dry out my hair.

2. The Best Ingredients: so I want products that can perform better than the majority of professional products without all those icky add-ins. This fits the bill. I Never have to worry or sacrifice style during pregnancy and that is just such a relief because let me tell you it's important to always be able to feel beautiful and not have to worry about washing your hair! (Pregnant or not!). No Parabens, phthalates, etc. Only the very best ingredients.

3. The Happy Packaging: okay my eyes are always drawn to Amika products for this reason. The packaging screams happiness! I love the bright colors and patterns. Literally I know this seems like a small thing but it just is fun!

4. Accessible: yes sometimes it is sold out in my hair product store because it's like the holy Grail of hair care. However, it is always available in SOME store. For example, you don't have to be a cosmetologist to have access to this. It's at Sephora, the Amika website, local salons, etc.

5. The Smell: okay some really great dry shampoos on the market just have too overpowering of a smell; or they just smell bad. I feel sick almost immediately after spraying them, not cool! If you are sensitive to smells then this is the dry shampoo for you. For example I literally have to hold my breath while using IGK dry shampoo and I still get a headache afterward.

Well there you are! I love Amika dry shampoo!!!
Mackenzie B.
Purchased at: Beauty Plus Salon
Since receiving my cosmetology license, I really take advantage of the salon quality products. This is definitely a very quality product. I wouldn’t say it is the best I have used, but I gets the job done. It has a very girly, floral smell which is perfect to coverup the smell of your unwashed hair after a few days!!
rose p.
Do you think it is worth the price
Mackenna M.
St. Peters
Does this dry shampoo leave chalky residue in brunette hair or have a strange odor like most other dry shampoos?
Melissa S.
Elgin, IL
Is this the best brand for dry shampoo?
Jen B.
Tawas City , MI
Does this dry shampoo work well for those mornings you can't wash your hair, or does it make it feel dirty?
Robin M.
Tuscumbia , AL
Does this dry shampoo have a strong scent? I would love to try it but I really prefer fresh fragrances over totals! Thanks in advance!!❤️