BY AMIKA #17 in Dry Shampoo

Think of this dry shampoo as a shot of espresso for your strands. The weightless spray absorbs excess oil and dirt, leaving locks clean and deodorized as well as lighter and softer. Made with antioxidant and fatty acid-rich obliphica oil, the formula simultaneously moisturizes and strengthens hair, repairs split ends, and enhances shine. Moreover, amika's dry shampoo relies on rice starch instead of aluminum shavings or talc, and it's safe for color-treated hair.

-Oryza Sativa (Rice Starch): Absorbs dirt and oils while adding volume and texture to hair.
-Obliphica Extract: Contains omegas 3, 6, 7, and 9, a powerful concentration of vitamin C, and over 190 biologically active compounds that work to condition hair, leaving it soft and manageable.

Butane, Propane, Alcohol Denat, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Fragrance/Parfum, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Water/Aqua/Eau, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, Limonene, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol.

• How long does it last?2 Answers
  • I only wash my hair twice a week. Should I use this every day that ...6 Answers
  • Dows anyone know how this product compare to the Kendra dry shampoo? 1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Natalie A.
Natalie A.
This is EXCELLENT! I received a sample size of this in my Birchbox a few months back, and I was hesitant to try it at first (hadn't been a fan of their hair mask), but when I did I loved it! It smells really nice and clean, but the scent doesn't linger in your hair or overpower your perfume. The nozzle sprays out the perfect amount of product and you have a lot of control over it. A lot of people have complained about it leaving a white residue on your head, but I have super dark brown hair and although the product looks white on your head when you spray it on, it goes away once you tousle your hair a little with your hands. Just move your hands through the roots of your hair until all the white stuff is gone, and your hair will look super clean! It really absorbs oil well (when my hair gets dirty, it's a greasy mess at the top). I've tried a couple of dry shampoos in the past and this is the only one I will definitely repurchase when I'm done with my sample size. Best dry shampoo I've ever tried and the results are incredible.
Angela B.
Angela B.
I absolutely love this dry shampoo!! I received a sample of it in my Birchbox one month & fell in LOVE!! It makes my hair feel so soft & smells great. (cute packaging too!) It doesn't make my hair feel 'gritty' or weighed down at all. I can go for days just using Amika. My daughter went camping for one weekend & didn't wash her hair for that time & boy, could you tell! It was oily, frizzy, just plain Yuck. When she got in the car, she asked if I had some dry shampoo (we had some errands to run). I handed her the sample I had gotten & OMG!!!! It seriously got rid of the oil & tamed her hair down!! Although I'm not a big fan of the price, Amika Perk Up is my ride or die Dry Shampoo & I will be purchasing it from now on!!
Ange K.
Ange K.
Aside from being an utterly fabulous dry shampoo, I wish they made a perfume out of this...amazing.

Anyways, size-wise you get more bang for you buck than the other high-end dry shampoos (Klorane, R&Co, etc), but that's not even half of it. Sweaty wet or dry hair, this dry shampoo works wonders. The powder easily is absorbed by hair so you really don't have to worry too much about the white streaking. It adds volume, shine, and no gunk!

Best of all is the smell. It is amazing..I have no idea what it is but I want to coat my body in it.

BTW, get the dry conditioner to use on the ends of your hair. You won't be disappointed.
Martika B.
Martika B.
Biloxi , MS
I am in absolute awe with this product! Thanks to Influenster, I had the pleasure of winning tickets to The Makeup Show NYC to check out the beauty vendors. Amika was one of my favorites because not only were the reps nice, but their products are truly quality - Don't forget, CUTE! I have fine, yet dense natural hair that I do not wash every single day, so this dry shampoo along with the conditioner (which was a genius idea), keeps my hair and scalp feeling super clean! Make sure to wash your hair after a few days of using this product to avoid build up. Overall, 10 out of 10 WOULD Recommend! ūüĎćūüŹľ
Vanessa T.
Vanessa T.
New Prt Rchy, FL
This is the holy grail of all dry shampoos! It's hilarious I used to think that regular supermarket dry shampoo used to be great, then I tried brands like Redken and Matrix and fell in love. But, Amika's dry shampoo takes it to a whole new level. It's so lightweight it's almost non-existent. The scent is somehow like a great perfume but then dissipates quickly so it's not overpowering. Most importantly, it doesn't leave white residue in my hair or weigh my hair down with product. I'm in love! The pretty bottle and powerful application bottle don't hurt either. Sold!
Jenni H.
Jenni H.
Lafayette, IN
To keep my hair healthy, I try to wash it at most twice a week, but during the summer with the heat and humidity, that becomes nearly impossible. After running on the trails or spending the day tanning at the lake, I always need something to get rid of the grease and leave my hair fresh. I always use Amika dry shampoos as they never leave my hair feeling dirty or dusty and unlike many dry shampoos, actually works! Especially the Perk Up, which I use even when I just want to give my hair some volume. Perfect product to keep in your beach bag.
Ally Z.
Ally Z.
Cresson, PA
I have been doing reviews on just about every dry shampoo, because they are a gift from God. I have been using them (the Suave version was the first I tried). Anyways, back to this product. I first tried amika when I got it in a Birchbox. The packaging is super cute, it makes you want to buy it. It sprays well and has a nice scent. You don't need too much when you spritz the scalp, sides of head, and underneath at the base of scalp. The reason for 4 stars is due to the pricepoint on this product. Full size is about $22.
Kennedy P.
Kennedy P.
Plano, TX
I have colored hair and in between dyes my blonde roots show. Whenever I shower I wear a cap to keep my hair from getting wet so that the dye lasts as long as possible. I have a grungy goth style and I love this stuff! I got this in my Birchbox and its super nice. It smells amazing and works like a charm for me. I totally think it is worth a shot to try it in store to see if it is the right product for you. The packaging is adorable, the spray spout is excellent quality and the formula is lightweight.
Traci K.
Traci K.
Really wanted this to be my holy grail of dry shampoos, but it just didn't quite make the mark. The smell is amazing, very clean and fresh and not at all offensive. This dry shampoo sprays on almost colorless, which is great if you have dark hair. You do have to apply a very generous amount for it to really work, which means the bottle doesn't last long. The scent lasted, but unfortunately my hair did start to feel greasy again the next day. I finished the bottle but did not repurchase. :/
Courtney S.
Courtney S.
This is the best dry shampoo I've found by far! I like to wash my hair every day, which is bad I know, but with this product, I can go three days without it before i start to feel at all weird. The scent is pleasant but not overbearing. It does a great job of making my bangs go from looking oily to like I just styled them - no other dry shampoo can do that for me! Best of all, it doesn't leave any residue or make my hair feel cakey. I will never travel without this stuff again!
rose p.
rose p.
Do you think it is worth the price
Mackenna M.
Mackenna M.
St. Peters
Does this dry shampoo leave chalky residue in brunette hair or have a strange odor like most other dry shampoos?
Melissa S.
Melissa S.
Is this the best brand for dry shampoo?
Robin M.
Robin M.
Tuscumbia , AL
Does this dry shampoo have a strong scent? I would love to try it but I really prefer fresh fragrances over totals! Thanks in advance!!‚̧ԳŹ
Jen B.
Jen B.
Tawas City, MI
Does this dry shampoo work well for those mornings you can't wash your hair, or does it make it feel dirty?