Hair CareHair ProductsShampooamika
Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo

amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo

by amika

Which hair type is it good for? Straight Wavy Curly Coiled Tightly Coiled An ultra-violet, brass-busting shampoo that delivers bright and shiny, cool-toned results. Key benefits:- Counteracts harsh brassy tones- Brings out color, shine, and softness in all shades- Provides deep nourishment, softness and shine If you want to know more… The Amika Bust Your Brass Shampoo & Conditioner Collection is how blonde keeps its cool. Ultra-violet, brass-busting formulas let hair stay bright and light. Perfect for blonde, silver and gray color hair whether natural or enhanced. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates This product is free of Artificial Colors and MIT/MCI. It is safe for color-treated, Brazilian-treated, and Keratin-treated hair, and is cruelty-free and gluten-free. Sea Buckthorn contains over 190 biologically active compounds, including Vitamin C (15 times more than an orange), vitamin A (three times more than a carrot), and vitamin E. It also has high concentrations of the rare Omega-7, making up 40% of the berry. Typically only found in fish oil, Omega-7 keeps free radicals at bay and promotes the production of collagen, a key building block for skin, hair and nails.

What is the best purple shampoo for platinum/blonde hair? I have been seeing this one and wanted to try it but I want to hear other’s opinions first!
What’s the best purple shampoo to get rid of brassiness? I’ve tried [product:amika-bust-your-brass-cool-blonde-shampoo], [product:fanola-no-yellow-shampoo], Joico Color Balance Purple Shampoo 10.1 fl oz + Purple Conditioner 10.1 oz Duo and [product:shimmer-lights-purple-shampoo-for-blonde-&-silver-hair] and didn’t love any of them. Would love some recommendations from my fellow blondes!
I recently died my hair to ash blonde and wondering whats everyones favorite purple shampoo? Help a girl out 😉❤️
Start your review of amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo!
Erin N.
Syracuse, NY
amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo uploaded by Erin N.
Not just for blondes! As someone who is transitioning from dark salon colored hair (for 20+ years) to natural white/silver, this shampoo does the job of making my hair look great and appear more even between cuts and toning sessions. Smells lovely (as all Amika products do) and doesn’t make my hair look purple. I’ve tried several other purple shampoos and conditioners and this is my favorite. It does deposit on hair and I can start to “feel it” after a while. Meaning after 6 weeks of using consistently, I’ll wash and it doesn’t feel super clean to me. A good clarifying shampoo or a visit to the salon usually remedies that. Overall a good shampoo for my needs. Will repurchase.
Andrea M.
Edinburg, TX
amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo uploaded by Andrea M.
Purchased at: Sephora
I love this shampoo!! I use it about twice a week just to keep my hair ash blond. I leave it in for a few minutes to really give it a chance to work it's magic. My hair is never brassy. I will buy this shampoo again for sure. I recommend it to everyone who has blond hair and needs to get out their brassiness. amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo is a total yes!!
Aleana H.
Los Angeles
amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo uploaded by Aleana H.
Was recommended this purple shampoo from my cousin who is a hair stylist. It is now my favorite. It keeps the warm orange tones out of my hair and doesn’t make it greasy like most purple shampoos do for me.
Paige S.
Philadelphia, PA
amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo uploaded by Paige S.
This product exceeded my expectations. My blonde is bright after leaving this product in for about 5 minutes then rinsing. Then best part is that my hair is not even super dry after using this, like my hair typically is when using other purple shampoos. This will be my new go to brand for everything purple!
Shayna L.
amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo uploaded by Shayna L.
Purchased at: Sephora
This is my favorite purple shampoo! Smells great, lathers super well, and really helps to tone balayage. I leave it on for 5 minutes as directed if I’m just noticing a bit warmth, but if I feel like my hair is truly brassy then I will leave it in for 10-15 minutes. I immediately notice a difference with every use. Like with all toning shampoos, your hair will feel a bit dry afterwards so I recommend using a hair mask or thick conditioner.
Kristen R.
Byron
amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo uploaded by Kristen R.
Best shampoo and conditioner for blondes!! ❤️ the smell is amazing and works wonders on your hair! This is the only purple shampoo I will use!
Hope R.
White Lake, MI
amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo uploaded by Hope R.
Love this purple shampoo and conditioner makes my hair bright and gets rid of the well water in my hair as I have platinum blonde hair. I would highly recommend the Amika line to keep your blonde hair blonde! amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo Would definitely buy this hair line again!Amika Bust Your Brass Conditioner 33 Oz.
Elina G.
Claymont, DE
amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo uploaded by Elina G.
Purchased at: Sephora
Best purple shampoo that moisturisers your hair! I have colour treated blonde hair, and orange and yellow brass is an ongoing problem for me. I was pretty much sold when I read all great reviews on this product, but I still doubted this shampoo, and wasn’t sure if I should buy it. I got it as a part of a full Bust your brass set (which was a quite good deal, since I never really tried anything from Amika). I have tried it straight away, and I was very impressed! After about 3 washes I saw great results! Much of the brass was gone (not all of it, but to be fair I toned my hair more than a couple of months ago, so for what I have now - results are great!) and my hair feels very VERY healthy and nourished! No dry locks like after using other purple shampoos. I am pretty sure that after I get my hair toned, and use this shampoo straight away, I will be able to keep the brass away for much much longer than usual! So if you have blonde or silver hair, this will be your holi grail purple shampoo! Best thing that it moisturises your hair! I honestly love this shampoo and highly recommend!
katie M.
amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo uploaded by katie M.
Purchased at: Sephora
The BEST purple shampoo!!! smells so good and my hair hasn't been brassy since I have started using it! could see results after the first use!
Ken S.
Newport Beach, CA
amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo uploaded by Ken S.
Purchased at: Sephora
I am so pleased with this shampoo! Most purple shampoos are very drying and smell awful, but this one smells great, left my hair feeling very hydrated, and you don’t have to leave it in! Just lather & rinse and it brightens a ton!

136 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Erin K.
il y a 2 mois
What’s the best purple shampoo to get rid of brassiness? I’ve tried amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo, Fanola No Yellow Shampoo, Joico Color Balance Purple Shampoo 10.1 fl oz + Purple Conditioner 10.1 oz Duo and [product:shimmer-lights-purple-shampoo-for-blonde-&-silver-hair] and didn’t love any of them. Would love some recommendations from my fellow blondes!
Sara R. il y a 2 mois
I dont have blonde hair but I saw alot of good reviews on here for the one by Pureology. I'm sure u can check it out on here. Hope it helps
Caitlin C.
Kingsport, TN
il y a 3 mois
Jamie S. il y a 3 mois
I thought it was a decent shampoo. I'm a colorist and I'm always hesitant for my blondes to use purple shampoo without knowing the proper way to use it. If you use it too much it will dry out the hair and make it muddy looking. Try using it once every few weeks and then conditioning very well after it:)
Kennedy G.
il y a 5 mois
Sarah Margaret B. il y a 5 mois
I didn’t notice a significant difference in color after using the shampoo and conditioner for the first time
Morgan S.
Airdrie
il y a 6 mois
Ashlee B. il y a 6 mois
I like amika so much more it doesn’t dry out my hair like the redken one does!