BY AMIKA

Which hair type is it good for?
✔ Straight
✔ Wavy
✔ Curly
✔ Coiled
✔ Tightly Coiled

What it is:
An ultra-violet, brass-fighting shampoo that delivers bright and shiny, cool-toned results—perfect for natural or enhanced blonde, silver, and gray color hair.

Key benefits:
- Counteracts harsh, brassy tones
- Brings out color, shine, and softness
- Fortifies hair with nutrients

If you want to know more…
This ultra-violet, brass-busting formula lets hair stay bright, light, and healthy-looking. It utilizes a violet pigment to counteract harsh brassy tones for pure platinum perfection. Wild cherry bark extract brings out color, shine, and softness in all shades of natural and color-treated hair, while avocado oil provides vital hair fortifying nutrients like protein, vitamin A, D, E, B, amino acids, and minerals.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
For the best results, couple with the amika Bust Your Brass Conditioner. Sea buckthorn has been thoroughly researched in over 130 modern scientific studies that have found that this berry promotes health. Women throughout the ages have used the obliphica berry to protect themselves against the ravages of the sun and the elements. Founded on tradition and now based on extensive scientific research, sea buckthorn is one of the biggest functional whole food rediscoveries of the 21st century.

• Anyone with natural hair use this ? Does it work?1 Answers
  • Does this purple shampoo leave any sort of tint to your hair afte...1 Answers
  • Does anyone like this product?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Samantha H.
Havertown, PA
I like this purple shampoo. It does it's job and makes your blonde hair less brassy. My only complaint is it broke my scalp out. I won't put all the blame on them because I have a sensitive scalp. When I used it after that, I was careful not to get it on my scalp and it was fine.
Katie G.
Bend, OR
I love this shampoo. I dye my hair very light blonde and use purple shampoo and conditioner daily to keep my hair very cool. I've struggled with some of the products being very drying.
Not this one. It gives a beautiful tone to my blonde and it's also a wonderful shampoo that doesn't strip the moisture from my hair. Love it!
Mayzie L.
Tallahassee, FL
A good blonde shampoo is definitely hard to come across because some turn your hair purple and others make it dry. Overall love amikas products and this one does not disappoint. 10/10 would recommend.
hanna y.
This sort of works like a toner for your hair, especially if you have blonde highlights. My hair tends to get brassy very quickly , so I use this at least twice a week followed by the hair conditioner. But I leave it on my hair for at least 10 min so it can properly soak it. It definitely gets rid of brassiness for me, and I have dark brown hair that I lighten to a caramel shade, with lots of red undertones in my hair.
Nicole J.
Pickerington, OH
Amika Bust your brass shampoo is a new must have for all platinum blondes. After trying this shampoo I will never use another brand of toning shampoo in my life. This deep purple shampoo suds nicely while filling your shower with the amazing lavender fragrance. Thats not something you get from the other toning shampoos. It is higher priced than comparable drug store brands but totally worth the splurge. Buhbye shimmering lights, im going to bust my brass with amika from here on out! amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo
Amanda L.
Hanover, PA
The quality of this shampoo isn't the greatest but the smell and the outcome is Great! I loved this shampoo. Toucan use this for any type of hair. It's best with blonde hair color though. It's not too pricey and it's really worth it. I recommend this product if you are thinking of trying it out!
Gwen S.
Millport, AL
Great for keeping your blonde looking it's best! Great for any hair types! The deep purple hue will bust any brassy tones and keep your blonde hair looking bright! Not only works great but smells great!
Nicole S.
Shelby Twp, MI
Amika hair products have easily become my favorites in the last few years. This purple shampoo is perfect for keeping your blond hair blond and not brassy. I've tried other purple shampoos and they almost burn my scalp! Amika is gentle and it smells great!
Maddie C.
Sevierville
This is best for newly bleached blondes. It helps to eliminate the brassiness that lightening typically leaves. I liked this particular shampoo rather than shimmer lights because of the results you get more quickly. Just be careful! Don't use it every wash... Maybe every other or every 3 washes. If not, it'll dry your hair out terribly.
Felis A.
JERSEY CITY, NJ
this shampoo works really well for blondes and brunettes with highlights! the quality is really good and works wonders! it lathers very quick which is good and leaves my hair feeling moisturized compared to other shampoos like this.
Cristy H.
Liberal , KS
Does his eliminates brassy yellow hair?
Christina G.
Woodbury, MN
Okay, I have A LOT of blonde highlights and I need a really good product to help kick the brass... a product that is natural, without sulfates, phlates, silicones, etc. How well does this product work and does it leave your hair feeling dry afterwards?
elizah k.
Is it a good shampoo
Lanae B.
Anyone with natural hair use this ? Does it work?
Hadeel N.
Compared well does this work compared to Matrix or L'Oréal shampoos for blonde hair