BY NETFLIX

True-crime series are gaining popularity on TV so, of course, there was bound to be a satire of the genre. "American Vandal" takes a look at the aftermath of a high school prank that left 27 faculty members' cars vandalized. But instead of the typical smashing of windows, the perpetrator drew obscene images on the vehicles. When troubled senior Dylan Maxwell is expelled for the crime, an aspiring sophomore documentarian takes it upon himself to investigate the controversial, potentially unjust penalty handed down to Maxwell. In the style of the genre it lampoons, the series leaves viewers wondering who committed the vandalism until the very end.

American Vandal

Start your review of American Vandal!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
Tessa L.
Chino, CA
Both seasons of this show have had me and my family in tears. The premise of both seasons seems super dumb but the drama just builds with each episode until your totally invested! The writing is phenomenal and I've been really impressed with the acting every season.
Nicole L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
It seemed really stupid at first, like it could've been produced by The Onion, but something about it sucks you in.  There's a lot more deeper drama in this than you'd think, high school drama is complex is you remember.  I think they're trying to show that it's important not to pass immediate judgement on the person you'd suspect and to hear our the accused.  An interesting metaphor for our society.
Hurriya K.
Sharjah, Shahba Area
A different angle to documentary series..I really liked it..Am actually not at allll a fan of documentary series, i find them boring or let's say they are not just my type, But this one had something about it..after watching the first episode I was sooo involved and wanted to know whether the person Alleged for vandalising the cars is the real culprit or not..Must watch..!!!
Maggie D.
Portage La Prairie, MB
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The first season was decent but I didn’t even finish the second one. The humour is a little lame and the melodrama is over the top. I think the whole plot can only go so far
Stephanie H.
Cinderford, Gloucestershire
I thought the first season was better and funnier than the second to be honest, it's worth a watch if you're bored and fancy a laugh at a mockumentary!