BY AMERICAN #10 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Are you a fan of the American Red Cross?6 Answers
  • My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing cha...51 Answers
  • Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?44 Answers
American Red Cross
  • "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
  • "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
  • "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
  • "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
  • "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
Julie H.
Brooklyn, NY
The only participation I've had with the Red Cross is donating blood. It was such a fun experience the first time. The people were the friendly and talked to you as if you were family. I haven't done so yet, but I would like to give platelets too.
Michelle T.
Oceanside, CA
ARC is good for donating blood and the like but I would never donate money to them. Always look on Charity Navigator to see where their money goes. Unfortunately, ARC has a HUGE overhead so little of the donations go to help people that need it.
Cathy B.
Los angeles, CA
I think this organization is one of the most helpful organizations and you can really rely on them for help when needed. I always donate a portion of my check to them automatically.
Michele M.
Lavallette , NJ
Good Samaritan Expert Level 3
I experienced the other side of charity when our home was destroyed by hurricane Sandy. I saw how much money was being donated to red cross and how little of it was being used to help us.
Paula H.
Harrisburg, AR
I love the American red cross. When the tornado hit my sisters house and she lost a little bit of her things they helped her out but not much on helping. Kinda good and kinda bad.
Amy D.
Whiteville, TN
I love this organization and everything they stand for. I've donated blood quite a few times but it was about 2 years ago I seen the importance of giving blood as I was in need of three donation bags
Dayana B.
Washington, DC
I give blood frequently. I love the personal touches to make you feel like you make a difference. Every time I give I get a card thanking me and telling me where my blood was sent.
Katy M.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
Sometimes the red cross is the only way to get in touch with a loved one overseas if someone is hospitalized or passes away. They have helped many of my friends. We are so greatful!
Amber R.
Spokane, WA
Absolutely fantastic. Always around and available to help and donate their time. They normally offer several classes throughout the year such as First Aid, CPR, baby'sitting, ect.
Haleigh L.
Yale, OK
I've donated blood twice with the Red Cross and both times were very good experiences. The nurses were quick and got me in and out. I love donating to this organization when able.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do you donate blood?
Helen M.
Lynn, MA
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
MiiMii E.
Allentown, PA
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
kendra h.
Knoxville, TN
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Michelle F.
Conway, AR
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?