BY AMERICAN #7 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Are you a fan of the American Red Cross?6 Answers
  • My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing cha...51 Answers
  • Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?44 Answers
American Red Cross
  • "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
  • "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
  • "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
  • "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
  • "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
Annie A.
Jacksonville, FL
The American Red Cross is a good organization; however they are still a business. They make a lot of money on all that blood they collect. I wish they got more recognition for their help with families going through loss after a tragedy.
Deidre W.
Killeen, TX
I absolutely love the American Red Cross! They are always there to help in times of disaster. They have helped my family as well a long time ago when we were affected by a hurricane so I appreciate this organization and hard work they do.
Christiana L.
I'm all for donating blood when I can BUT the annoying, non-stop phone calls is a bit too much. I have a health condition and when my immune system is down, I'm not allowed but even when I explain that, they still call non-stop for weeks.
Heather P.
Steelton, PA
I cannot donate blood because I pass out every time I try, but I donate regularly. I think it's important to not only donate money but time because there are not nearly enough people working to do all that they do. I appreciate them all.
Cate R.
Hello.. People have no idea how many people are really hungry.. I have just started to help my church once a month with dinner for the young and old... To see so many people who may not have had a meal for who knows how long... The place is packed... They have many programs if you are looking for a place to do some good...
Michelle M.
Savannah, TN
I love the American Red Cross! I was in the club in high school and I am really happy that we have organizations like this to help those in need. I'm glad they have blood drives to save lives and they benefit the community in so many ways.
Nisha K.
I used to intern at a local chapter of the American Red Cross. I love this organization and the type of unbiased support they provide to disaster victims. The technology infrastructure is a bit lacking for an organization this size though.
Fernanda B.
I have always donated blood I even have my donators card, I have also become certified for them. They are always needing people to donate blood you can sign up on their website to get updates on the nearest location to you to donate blood.
w r.
Very helpful people my apartment burn they ask me if a need a place to stay or if i need some food supply i kindly said no cause my dad work in the grocery store where he can supply me food and i will live with my other family members.
Ashleydawn W.
Such a great charity. They helped us greatly when we lost our roof thanks to hurricane charley. They came by our neighborhood (we were without power for weeks) with food and clothing and anything else we could possibly need. so blessed by them.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do you donate blood?
Helen M.
Lynn, MA
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
MiiMii E.
Allentown, PA
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
kendra h.
Knoxville, TN
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Michelle F.
Conway, AR
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?