BY AMERICAN #7 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Are you a fan of the American Red Cross?6 Answers
  • My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing cha...51 Answers
  • Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?44 Answers
American Red Cross
  • "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
  • "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
  • "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
  • "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
  • "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
Jamyka G.
I donate blood every year! The Red Cross comes to my job. It's always a smooth and easy process. I love the emails I get when my blood is used. Makes me feel good about donating.
julia l.
Cincinnati, OH
In a time of need, I like to think that this organization is there for the people in need. from what all I've seen and whitnessed myself is that this organization is in fact doing what ever person out there should be doing. helping those in need
Angelia G.
Frederick, MD
I've dealt with this organization first hand on many occasions. My family has always lived in a flood zone and every time we've gotten hit hard and had to evacuate the red cross was there to help. When we were able to go back to our home they were there with truck loads of water, cleaning supplies and coolers to help get us back on our feet.
Meagan F.
Donating blood for those in need is such a sweet idea. American Red Cross not only does that but I have heard that they also contact those to help out in any emergency. Very cool.
Iris R.
BROOKLYN, NY
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
I used to volunteer for the red cross and it was a beautiful thing to do. To help others. After the 911 I stopped because I really got scared, but know that I am out of work I want to return and keep on helping the ones in need. Is a beautiful thing to do
Prima S.
This organization is great. Personally, I have donated to disaster relief through their website. I have friends who volunteer at ARC, and I would also consider volunteering here as well. I haven't donated blood, but a lot of people I know have, and they have told me that it was a a good experience (free food and t-shirts!. Highly recommended.
Megan W.
Mount Vernon, GA
Good Samaritan Expert Level 3
Giving blood, to save not one life but three. That's amazing! I have given blood multiple times, and I have helped out with serval blood drives! A year or two back, I gave blood and I passed out. This was horrifying to me at the time, but I made it through and I give continuous support for the ARC! I have tried multiple times since then to give blood but I have low blood and iron, so I can no longer donate. However, I am a huge supporter! This is something that changes the world each and everyday! Giving life is one of the greatest things on earth! I am beyond proud to be apart of the American Red Cross Association!
Diana M.
When we experienced the thousand year flood, I tried multiple times to donate my time to the American Red Cross. They had postings everywhere about being in dire need of help, but every time I called, they told me they didn't need any extra hands.
Amanda K.
Fort Wayne, IN
It is now so easy to give money via text! The red cross helps with major natural disasters to single family's that have had house fires. I was a regular blood donor for years and during my pregnancy with my son I needed 19 units of blood for severe complications. If it wasn't for the blood drives, I would not have lived. Love the Red Cross!
Karla T.
Tucson, AZ
As long as I can remember I've been involved in donating blood. They are really great at keeping records. I recently received a call who helped find a location close by to donate.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do you donate blood?
Helen M.
Lynn, MA
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
MiiMii E.
Allentown, PA
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
kendra h.
Knoxville, TN
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Michelle F.
Conway, AR
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?