American Red Cross
Top Questions See all 1,107 Q&A
American Red Cross
- "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
- "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
- "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
- "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
- "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
Who can really say anything bad about this organization? They help people in need whether it was a natural disaster or even a situation like an apartment building burning down. They do great things. the American Red Cross Is a big help I times of need
I'm one of those odd ones who enjoys donating. Unfortunately, it's very few and far between because of my trips to africa. I must wait a full year after coming back from africa before I am able to donate. When I can, I do it monthly! It's so important!
I know what is to need blood. My mom alway was looking for blod donation for me and it was not and easy job. I will encourage everyone to donate, a lot of people are in need of blood.
I'm planning on donating blood for the American Red Cross because whenever something bad happens to our community we know they got our backs and donating is a good way of saying thanks
I volunteered with animals at a local vet through the Red Cross and was amazed to see how they really work to improve every aspect of people's lives. They are truly there to help their communities and the world. Great leaders and great fellow volunteers.
I think that this is a great organization with a good message to those who help. I am unable to donate due to my weight however, if I had the chance to I would be more than happy to donate because it is important to use your right to help others in need.
They are usually so kind when it comes to me giving blood. I support because I know maybe one day I may need. Plus I feel good helping donate blood. I donate every three months. They have been around for a long time and started donating last year
Once I found out that my blood type was o- I started donating and i donating every chance i get especially since i know there are people out there who need it especially my grandma se has anemia and so she goes in once a week for blood transfusions
I have always been very scared of needles but knowing that I was doing something good made me feel better about doing, unfortunately I don't always get the chance to donate because I often a have low iron levels. They are great about rewards as well.
A few months ago a acquaintance of mine lost their home to a fire and the red cross really helped them out. I really like volunteering. Especially donating my blood. I always donate my blood when I have the chance because I'm in really good health.
Q & A
Do you have to be a certain weight? I tried donating blood when I went to ASU but the people on the truck doing the blood drive said I was too small...
Does anyone else get a call basically once a week? I've told them multiple times I can't donate blood because of my sports team and I still continue to get calls ALL the time! I wish I could help out but I can't!
What is the iron percent that you need your blood to be to donate?
What would stop you from donating to the American Red Cross?
Do they use all of the blood donated? Or do they waste some of it?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos