BY AMERICAN #10 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Are you a fan of the American Red Cross?6 Answers
  • My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing cha...51 Answers
  • Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?44 Answers
American Red Cross
  • "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
  • "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
  • "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
  • "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
  • "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
Brianna A.
I don't mind helping simply by donating blood, but when it comes to donating money, I would not recommend it. If you do not specify where the money should go, they will spend it on unnecessary things. Just watch "Haiti: Where Did the Money Go?" -- It's pretty moving.
Christina O.
While giving blood is such a wonderful way to give back I do have an issue with the cost of a receiving blood. You give for free, yet if you need a transplant the cost can be debilitating. Why is that?
Quarter C.
Culver City, CA
I have to keep re-doing my CPR certification here (to keep it updated, not because I fail) and the classes are a joke. Half the time people can't do most of the skills. I hope none of them ever have to do any sort of aid for me because I'll be dead or worse off.
brittney d.
I donate blood to the American Red Cross as often as I can. I highly support this group cause I know my blood goes to people in need. And they always need donors so donate! You won't regret it.
Nadia M.
Columbia, SC
I have never been able to donate because of my weight but now I should be able to just have to find a location to donate. The American Red Cross is very professional and love what they do.
Courtney J.
Margate, FL
I love American red cross. I think what they do is wonderful. Not only do they help out the community when there is a disaster, but they offer programs to better yourself. You can cpr certified, you can even get you CNA. Keep on keeping on you lovely volunteers.
Jacquelyn R.
Portsmouth, VA
I love the Red Cross. They use to come to my job and I would give blood to get off the phones. I started to love it, knowing that my blood will help someone who needs it. I haven't given in a few years (since I had children) but I will start again next year.
Brittani M.
Warrior, AL
I have not only in the past volunteered for The American Red Cross but I have also worked for The American Red Cross and I enjoyed every minute of both positions and miss it dearly. It truly is a wonderful charity that helps inspire future world changers.
Meagan S.
I've donated several times and have always had a pleasant experience. Every blood donation you give, you save up to three lives. There's a family somewhere thanking you for that donation.
Natiuska M.
Love this organization, I have donated a fews times and they are so polite in making you feel comfortable for your first time. Not only that, they are very professional and it feels good to know that someone out there is being saved thanks to us who donate.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do you donate blood?
Helen M.
Lynn, MA
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
MiiMii E.
Allentown, PA
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
kendra h.
Knoxville, TN
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Michelle F.
Conway, AR
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?