American Red Cross
Top Questions See all 1,109 Q&A
American Red Cross
- "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
- "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
- "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
- "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
- "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
When I am able to which is far and few between (because I am iron deficient) I try to make a blood donation. I always push for others to do the same. On the chance that they are not able to take a donation from me, they never make me feel as if I didn't try. I appreciate that
This is a great organization that I have given blood through many times. Everyone is always very nice and I've even received follow up emails to let me know how many lives my blood donation saved!
I honk donating blood is a great thing to do, the last time k did I had to get poked a few time and it's always difficult for them to find my veins, so I don't donate as often as I'd like but I try.
In my sophomore year, I started a fundraiser for people from Haiti who were impacted by the hurricane. We raised over $4,000. We donated the money through the Red Cross. It was an amazing feeling.
I like how this organization shows how they use things such as money donated by people and blood donations. I don't find that they are aggressive or dramatic when they ask others to donate. There are many ways to help out especially in time of need such as in a natural disaster.
I have to say this is an awesome place I lost my home to a flood and they helped me get all new things for me and my kids. It was a terrible thing to go through and I am thankful they was there
I think that the Redcross has a good mission and do good work. However, they love to nag and nag and nag about me giving blood. I asked them repeatedly to take me off their DNC list and it didn't work. I got so ill last time i gave blood that I'm terrified to do it again.
The American Red Cross is the best- I do my best to give blood every 56 days to do what I can to help. They call me or email me if I forget. In the wake of any disasters they are always there to help those in need, no matter what is needed. Fabulous cause to be involved with!
I volunteer for the red cross. And donate blood as well. When my cousin had leukemia I helped make a blood drive went to my local school and had people volunteer to donate blood the outcome wad good. With thanks to the volunteers and the red cross we had more then enough.
So much more than just blood drives. ARC shined during Hurricane Katrina for so many victims. Not only the ones stranded in the cities, but also ones who have evacuated and left everything behind. From shelter, food, and clothing, they were there. Time to give back!!!
Q & A
Do you donate blood?
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos