BY AMERICAN #7 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Are you a fan of the American Red Cross?6 Answers
  • My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing cha...51 Answers
  • Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?44 Answers
American Red Cross
  • "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
  • "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
  • "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
  • "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
  • "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
Ashley W.
Farmingtn Hls, MI
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
I love this organization and everything it stands for. I have given blood several times in my lifetime to them. They really want to help those in need, & they are determined to find donors. I am always emailed when they are low and supply, and want to help those as well who have rare blood types. I have supported them all of my life, and I will continue to do so.
Kara S.
I was a Team Leader and volunteered with disaster services for three years. It's a lot of great, hardworking and caring people. I volunteered a couple times a month. I organized the canvassing teams to hang door hangers for smoke alarm installation by another crew. I loved it. Few hours on a Saturday and potentially saving lives though installs and educating people. 100% love this organization!
Cassidy C.
Torrington , CT
Not even worthy of a star. They raise millions and leave people without help in Haiti and New Orleans while paying themselves huge yearly salaries. I personally know a few fire victims who got next to no help while the funds were there. Do your research people, these folks are crooked today, maybe not when they first formed but now they are about profit and not charity
Natalie J.
I have had the privilege of taking courses with the American Red Cross, donating blood and seeing their participation out in the Community.  They are a fantastic organization rich with history and their volunteers are exceptional. I believe in giving back as a healthcare provider and believe in the work that they do, I wish others would explore how they might give back as well, either through their time or donations to help others in need.
angelica c.
maywood, ca
They is many different ways to help out red cross ethier its donating bloo or feeding a shelter, can boxes. I love thay thiz organization has different options on how to help out. Whenni was in hs i donated blood to the Red Cross, very emotional experience when you hear stories to whom you may b donating your blood to but really uplifting , amzing that your able to help in some type of way❤
Ekaterini W.
Pasadena , CA
I've had a lot of issues being able to donate blood for the Red Cross on multiple occasions, due to physical issues, but they are so adamant about going to multiple places and donating to those in need, especially in natural disasters. Disaster relief is such a necessary cause, and this is such a necessary organization.
Ashley T.
I love this. every year on my college campus and every other couple of days they come to get blood from students to help someone else and also they give you free tickets if you attend and give blood. I like how involved so many students and even parents come together to make something powerful for someone.
Tara M.
Red Cross does not get any starts from me but your have to put at least one. They took the donations from Tennessee and didn't even give them to the people they were donated to. Rather took them to their warehouse and said the donations are Red Cross property. Shame on you Red Cross.
Tiffany T.
Minford, OH
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
I recently found out that they local Red Cross in my area offers free fire alarm with installation for those who may not have them. They don't ask for income or anything. I think it's amazing that they take this opportunity to save lives! That's why I will always donate to my local Red Cross.
Chennette B.
Bronx, NY
When families are in crisis many of them can't think straight. I have been familiar with this organization since I was a little girl and have always been fascinated with. To know that if a family is going through a tremendous loss they can turn to this organization and it will give them help and piece of mind. How awesome.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do you donate blood?
Helen M.
Lynn, MA
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
MiiMii E.
Allentown, PA
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
kendra h.
Knoxville, TN
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Michelle F.
Conway, AR
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?