BY AMERICAN #7 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Are you a fan of the American Red Cross?6 Answers
  • My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing cha...51 Answers
  • Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?44 Answers
American Red Cross
  • "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
  • "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
  • "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
  • "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
  • "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
Sherri O.
Wymore, NE
I have donated blood twice in the last 3 months. Both times I had a pleasant experience. The pre-check in process speeds up the time spent out of your day. The volunteers are friendly and helpful. The Red Cross employees are professional and do a wonderful job. I give because it's the right thing to do if you are able.
Julia S.
Uniontown, OH
I love the Red Cross and everything they stand for and I'm hoping to be apart of it one day! I'm about to become and phlebotomist and an event planner and hope to be a fundraising coordinator for the Red Cross and I'm so excited!
Tiana S.
Bend, OR
Incredible company with incredible values. My nephew needed multiple blood transfusions when he was 5 weeks old, and without blood donations taken by the red cross he wouldn't have made it. The red cross actually did a commercial on my family about supporting them and giving blood donations. They were very kind and truly care!
Megan M.
Ellicott City, MD
I have never donated blood (due to not weighing enough and new piercings) but my grandfather has done it for years! He has donated at least 5 gallons of blood throughout his life. He thinks they are the best people for donating blood. They are always so grateful for any help they can receive. I plan on donating in the future!
Munati A.
Saint Louis, MO
I love American Red Cross! They are amazing! I have been familiar with them ever since high school when I first donated for them. I definitely recommend others to support American Red Cross. It helps support the veterans and wounded warriors. Provides compassionate care to those in needs! They also respond to 70,000 disasters in United States every year which is amazing!
Kelsey G.
Ocala , FL
I did my senior project with this organization and it is really amazing to see people donating blood for others. The American Red Cross is a great organization that allows people to give back to their community and save lives.
Meggan V.
La Center , WA
This is a great organization. They are committed to helping not only nationally but internationally as well. They do disaster relief for families struck with disaster, they do emergency contact for troops overseas. Just great!
Amber C.
I personally have never had someone, of my family or my knowing, thats been helped by this foundation. However i do know that when hurricane katrina struck, many people got a lot of help from the red cross. So its always good to donate, even if its just a little because you never know when it will be you who need a hand.
Tyne P.
Des Moines, IA
Living in Iowa, where tornadoes and flooding are common, I have definitely learned the importance of the American Red Cross during natural disasters. When my hometown flooded a few years ago, Red Cross was there to assist those effected immediately. Truly an amazing organization that does so much to help those in need!
Brittani B.
Kankakee, IL
I my self have never given blood. I'm not able to with my heart illness. I've had 20+ surgeries, 5 being Open heart. I've gotten blood a handful of times. I have on the other hand have helped volunteer at local blood drives. If you're healthy enough to donate, please do. You have no idea what an impact it will give.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do you donate blood?
Helen M.
Lynn, MA
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
MiiMii E.
Allentown, PA
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
kendra h.
Knoxville, TN
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Michelle F.
Conway, AR
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?