American Red Cross
4.76 / 5 based on 1,564 Reviews
Top Questions See all 1,107 Q&A
American Red Cross
- "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
- "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
- "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
- "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
- "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
ARC is an amazing organization. They help you in every aspect you can think of. From clothing, food, shelter and guidance. I donate every year. It's so worth it. Everyone should help and donate because you never know when you'll need them.
I donate blood as much as I can. This past year I wasn't able to because I was pregnant but I will be scheduling an appointment soon. One persons donation can help 3 people in need that's pretty amazing.
I donate regularly. They always treat me super well. =) I'm grateful that they let you raid as much as you want from the snacks table. Mostly I donate whole blood. I tried donating platelets once and didn't have good luck with it. Once I got pale and they were careful to make we sit down and rest for 20 minutes before going home.
Great philanthropic company known for it's charity and donating blood. I've never donated personally due to my weight but they are often on-site at business's, school's, etc. So that others might donate blood.
I can remember being 6 years old when hurricane Katrina hit and I remember how helpful red cross was to everyone. They went around the city handing out food, water, and blankets to anyone that they could reach. They truly are selfess.
I'm one to donate to the Red Cross during massive disasters, but I often find that the disbursement of funds is not totally directed to the victims. I do believe they do good in the world and will continue to donate.
My daughter was diagnosed with an uncommon blood disorder 5 years ago. Before the doctors knew what was going on she had lost a life threatening amount of blood. Thanks to the Red Cross, she was able to have blood transfusions that saved her life. Thank you to everyone who has ever donated...you do make a difference! xoxoxox
After hurricane Katrina my family was left with very little and because I was renting and not buying a home I wasn't able to get help from Fema. The American Red Cross was there for us and we were able to get our kids school clothes and supplies, and other things we needed like tooth brushes, and shampoo's. I owe them big thanks
I donate blood every two months or so, as I am able/blood drives are local. This is something that is so vitally important and I wish more people would do it. The fact that blood transfusions are even possible is amazing, and blood is needed every day to save people! Everyone that can donate, absolutely should!!!
I have donated blood twice in the last 3 months. Both times I had a pleasant experience. The pre-check in process speeds up the time spent out of your day. The volunteers are friendly and helpful. The Red Cross employees are professional and do a wonderful job. I give because it's the right thing to do if you are able.
Q & A
Do you donate blood?
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos