American Red Cross
4.76 / 5 based on 1,564 Reviews
Top Questions See all 1,107 Q&A
American Red Cross
- "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
- "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
- "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
- "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
- "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
I love The American Red Cross. They are an organization I feel comfortable donating to. They are well organized and help in all types of different ways. If you are wanting to help out and don't know how, The American Red Cross is a great one to make donations to. I believe they do a great job of being sure your donations are put to good use.
The American Red Cross is a great organization. Must friend and family if mine have participated and donated blood. Many schools and universities hold blood drives where you can participate. Check out their website for upcoming events in your area.
I've participated in organizing and donating on quite a few blood drives over the years and they have been great. The red Cross is very well organized and do a lot of good for the community. I look forward to helping out more in the future
I am not a fan of this organization. Finding that is donated for specific disasters are not utilized particularly for them. When blood is donated and hospital banks run low, the American Red Cross charges the hospital $500 per bag of DONATED blood!!! It's bull. Donate your money and blood straight to hospitals or other organizations.
The organization does a lot of good and the volunteers are amazing. They are very caring and professional. I've donated blood before and they do a lot of good. Just like with a lot of other organizations, I do wonder about certain finances and where the money goes. The CEO's wage is pretty up there. Other than that, keep up the good job.
I donate blood as much as I can. This past year I wasn't able to because I was pregnant but I will be scheduling an appointment soon. One persons donation can help 3 people in need that's pretty amazing.
The American Red Cross has been around long time. They help people when disaster hits. The have Blood Banks where you can donate blood to save someone's life. And they do many other humanitarian things. They were founded in May 21, 1881.
These people do so much to help everyone. From holding blood drives, to giving materials out to people who really need them. The people are so generous and giving. Their hearts reach out to every person, and that's what makes this organization great.
I went to Haiti after the earthquake in 2010 to volunteer and worked with many organizations, such as the World Food Programme, Unicef, etc. Red Cross was hardly to be seen and didn't seem to bring much to the table when I was there. However both before I left and when I got back to the US, they had commercials running every commercial break, so had to be making a lot of money in donations. Just wish they would do more and put less into organizational costs.
They do a great job of helping others.... educating people... raising money.. raising awareness... and for providing volunteers where most needed.... i always advise people looking for community service work to visit their website from blood drives to disaster relief to aids education the red cross is the loudest when it comes to help
Q & A
Do you donate blood?
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos