BY AMERICAN #7 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Are you a fan of the American Red Cross?6 Answers
  • My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing cha...51 Answers
  • Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?44 Answers
American Red Cross
  • "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
  • "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
  • "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
  • "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
  • "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
Paris S.
Lithonia, GA
I have given blood to the American Red Cross twice and both times I have had great experiences! I really appreciate what they stand for and I love the response emails I get when they show me where the blood has gone. Overall, I am very satisfied!
Gaell F.
The Red Cross is one of the oldest charities. I signed up to volunteer but unfortunately the chapter in my County is a far drive. There are plenty of different jobs that can be done in the Red Cross so you don't have to worry about getting bored.
donna d.
of course I give blood at blood drives that are close to the house.  they must be close bc I don't drive bc a drunk driver ruined my life.  I have been familiar w them since I was a teen.  my granny worked there.  most people volunteer for weather disasters.  they have fashion  shows to show what the first uniform to present looked like.  people should help ARC bc it helps people that cant help themselves
Megan B.
Vancouver, WA
A great organization doing great things nationally and internationally, but my concern comes from our local organization. Red Cross sponsors a club at my school. The club puts on our blood drives. The concern I have is that kids in the club often say they feel bullied by the adults at Red Cross to get more and more kids to sign up to donate.
Shanice N.
Myrtle Beach, SC
While I personally haven't needed help from the American Red Cross, I'd like to acknowledge the work that they do. I live in South Carolina and when the recent hurricane came through, the American Red Cross helped a lot of people in need in my area.
Nina V.
Some I pass out at the thought of needles and blood (feeling Squeemish as I type this) I show my support through a monetary donation. We had fires a while back in my community and they helped out with the displaced families.
Monike H.
Loveland, CO
I love to donate to red cross online :) usually to natural disasters! :( most recent has been the Philippines :( i know there is a lot of people in need over seas and a little goes a long way. Red Cross is a well know organization to establish support to the needs of humans. i know my money is going to a good cause and well needed support.
Stephanie M.
Colonia
The American Red Cross is my go to organization for when I want to donate blood. I know it goes to good use and I love getting updates for where my blood was used. They can be a little pushy though. I'm also not comfortable giving them money based on things I've read.
Jennifer M.
Awesome people and organization. It's great that through them a lot of people want to donate blood. I received me EMR certification from them, gotta tell ya...a little intense. Great experience, great learning & made really good connections.
Alana J.
Jamaica, NY
When I was a teen was part of the American Red Cross society. I support this bcuz i wanted to help and do things for good cause. And I would march for breast cancer and hiv aids and etc with my mom and my sister and I think everyone should march and support!
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do you donate blood?
Helen M.
Lynn, MA
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
MiiMii E.
Allentown, PA
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
kendra h.
Knoxville, TN
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Michelle F.
Conway, AR
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?