American Red Cross
4.76 / 5 based on 1,564 Reviews
Top Questions See all 1,107 Q&A
American Red Cross
- "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
- "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
- "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
- "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
- "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
Donating your own blood is a great thing. the medical field can never have enough epically with everything that is going on today. each person is different but we all need blood and we all have different types that need t ok be matched to someone else
I have donated several times every time I can I donate! I passed out my first time and didn't even give half a bag and they treated me amazing and kept encouraging me to keep donating it got easier every time and now I give all the time.. LOVE THEM!
How much does the ceo make? or the rest of the eboard for that matter? Where was the help I was supposed to receive after Hurricane Sandy??? Nope, I got some brooms and mops! Thank you, ARC you truly helped me get my life back together after Sandy!
This organization does great things !! There is a constant need for people to donate blood and it is great to have this company that makes it easy to donate however once you donate once they can be a bit obsessive.. They could benefit from a little research In not calling people that have donated to recently that it is to soon for them to donate anyway
I had the opportunity to work with AmericanRed Cross last month when I donated blood and it was wonderful. The staff was so friendly and appreciative. Their mission is so wonderful and I hope they all keep up the great work in changing people's lives.
I gave donated blood once and wish I could donate more but it took me over a 90 minutes just to finish. I was determined to fill that bag but it took a lot out of me and I am just not cut out to donate unfortunately. I think the American Red Cross is an amazing organization and I love what they do and what they stand for. I am so happy my son now is a regular donar.
I have donated blood through this organization. They also help when there is a natural disaster, which is really good. I really do recommend you to give this organization a try. If you are "new" at helping an organization I recommend starting with this one.
I started volunteering with American Red Cross on December 26th 2015. I saw debris flying in Rowlett from Wylie and I knew I wanted to help the Rowlett residents re-build and get back to their lives ASAP. Red Cross has so many programs you can work with and will even give you the free classes to meet the standards in order to be in a position you want. I will always stick with working for Red Cross as long as there are places to help.
Some I pass out at the thought of needles and blood (feeling Squeemish as I type this) I show my support through a monetary donation. We had fires a while back in my community and they helped out with the displaced families.
The Red Cross is one of the oldest charities. I signed up to volunteer but unfortunately the chapter in my County is a far drive. There are plenty of different jobs that can be done in the Red Cross so you don't have to worry about getting bored.
Q & A
Do you donate blood?
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos