BY AMERICAN #7 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Are you a fan of the American Red Cross?6 Answers
  • My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing cha...51 Answers
  • Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?44 Answers
American Red Cross
  • "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
  • "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
  • "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
  • "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
  • "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
Katie Y.
Barberton, OH
Donating blood with the Red Cross is always such an amazing experience. I donate every chance that I am eligible to and just being able to make a difference makes it even more great. I love getting emails that my blood has been sent somewhere to help save a life!
Lisa M.
Beaverton, OR
I have donated blood to the American red Cross many times. they have volunteers working all day collecting blood. the blood they collect helps save lives through blood transfusions. donating blood is a super easy way to help out society and your community.
Keira H.
Hamlet, NC
The American Red Cross is one of the popular, well-known organization. You hear about it all the time and it's the best organization you can call on when a disaster happens and there is help in need. The American Red Cross is the best I would recommend.
Jennifer P.
Hixson, TN
As an ER nurse, I have incredible respect for the American Red Cross. More people should donate blood and plasma because there is such a great need for trauma victims. I also love this organization for how they respond to victims of natural disasters. Thank you to anyone who works for or volunteers for the American Red Cross. You are greatly appreciated!!
Abi S.
I have been affiliated with American Red Cross since I was 15, I became a lifeguard for my local swimming pool in town, I was certified with CPR and First Aid. Now, I give blood every three or four months, I have a universal blood type, they are always in need of blood. On top of all of that you feel SO good afterwards, too! I encourage all to give blood!
Jonellen M.
West Chester, OH
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
I appreciate the work the Red Cross does. A tornado came through our complex and destroyed many homes and lives. We were healthy and safe, but we were forced to move. The Red Cross covered the expense of relocating us to our new home. We would have had a horrible time doing it ourselves and it was very emotional.
I thank them and donate to the to this day.
Bernadette H.
Brentwood, CA
But I wish I didn't give them my number. I have type O negative blood, which makes my blood type a high demand. However, I was recently diagnosed with Anemia. I told American Red Cross several times that I can no longer donate blood.. but they keep CALLING and CALLING me. Nonstop. It's so very annoying, despite that they are an organization for a good cause.
Sarah M.
I have given blood several times at the American Red Cross. I feel that they are very well trained and have given me great treatment every time I visit. I have passed out a couple times and each time I felt that I was adequately taken care of. I love the idea I can help others when they are on the verge of death and suggest all give blood if they can!
Kristen M.
I love donating blood and volunteering at blood drives. They are very professional. I did have an incident where I felt disrespected by a worker but when I called the organization, they quickly made it right. I'm very impressed with the level of organization and accountability as well as the wide variety of causes the American Red Cross is involved in.
Michele S.
Berlin, CT
I gave donated blood once and wish I could donate more but it took me over a 90 minutes just to finish. I was determined to fill that bag but it took a lot out of me and I am just not cut out to donate unfortunately. I think the American Red Cross is an amazing organization and I love what they do and what they stand for. I am so happy my son now is a regular donar.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do you donate blood?
Helen M.
Lynn, MA
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
MiiMii E.
Allentown, PA
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
kendra h.
Knoxville, TN
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Michelle F.
Conway, AR
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?