American Red Cross
4.76 / 5 based on 1,564 Reviews
Top Questions See all 1,107 Q&A
American Red Cross
- "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
- "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
- "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
- "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
- "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
I've donated a few times.. and would love to donate more but I can never find a location near where I live. I always see the bus parked in front of the movie theater offering free movie tickets to anyone who donates but how sterile can a bus be. I'd feel safer if I went to an actual location or hospital. I'm down for saving lives but at the same time, I'm not trying to get sick in the process.
They always want you to donate blood. Once you are in the system they are always calling you for more. I think they should allow you donate with out all the call beggingg for more. They are quick to help people in need all the time. But when it came to my family who needed help they said they couldn't because they did have the type that was needed. It seemed they were always short.
Love American red Cross they save lives every day by people just viuleneteering in cases where there is huge fires or huge distructive earthquakes. This team is a great help and without them people wouldn't be surviving . These people save real lives through so many hardships
Okay, so I love the American Red Cross. I support them to no end and love what they do. However, they have a tendency to call every single day hounding me to schedule a donation..even if I currently have one scheduled. I understand they need blood and mine is in high demand (O-) but it gets to the point of being annoying and almost harassment to call someone every single day for a month.
American Red Cross is an amazing organization! I've volunteered a few times through my school and it had given me the opportunity to help others. It was also an organization I attended for my CPR course. Great place to get your blood donated too! Everyone is friendly and nice
There is something to be said about people coming from all over the world to work to work for the American Red Cross. I have been donating blood for 4 years and each time they make donating easy and fun. They are kind and very passionate about saving lives! Give one (pint) to save three (lives)!
Love the Red Cross and I think that everyone should support them. They help so many in the worst times of their lives. These people who volunteer their time to the Red Cross see some really bad sights. Being a firefighter I very much respect and appreciate what they do.
I've donated blood once, everyone was really nice and the process was super easy. They ask you a few questions & then get the process started. I really should donate more because apparently my blood is rare and is always in need. I do have a scheduled appt tho coming up in June.
I always used to donate blood to people in need but there was one accident that occurred a while back a guy got contaminated with HIV due to using the same needle YOU GUYS THE SAME NEEDLE so that means i went before the infected person its so scary to me now
Great organization to donate to. Never know when they may have to help you. My cousins apartment building burned down and because of red cross all of the occupants from that building got money for new clothes and a place to stay until they figured out a new home to live in.
Q & A
Do you donate blood?
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos