American Red Cross
4.76 / 5 based on 1,564 Reviews
Top Questions See all 1,107 Q&A
American Red Cross
- "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
- "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
- "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
- "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
- "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
When disasters occur like the Shooting in Orlando and people who were wounded are in desperate need of blood, is when the Red Cross shows what an amazing organization they are. Donating blood to the Red Cross will save so many lives. I am on blood thinners and can't donate but I wish I could
America Red Cross had helped all over the world in every neighborhood there at least one family America Red Cross has helped . This is a true and great foundation that gives so much to our community and world . This is a awesome way to give back and help others thanks America red cross
The American Red Cross is a great organization, I remember when 9/11 happened they were everywhere collecting blood for the victims that were in hospitals, I remember donating and they were really nice and thoughtful. They're passionate about what they do & that's the way it should be.
I really appreciated the help from the Red Cross after our house fire. They donated clothing for my children and helped us to get through a tough time. I have heard though that this organization keeps a larger percentage of donations than many other organizations.
I really love this organization! I have seen first hand how great they are in assisting those in need. When my neighbors house burnt down the Red Cross showed up while the firefighters were still putting the fire out to bring them drinks and food. They got our neighbors shelter and other donations to assist them during a difficult time. I also really appreciate the blood drives they do throughout our country!
American red cross is truly an organization to look up to. They help any and every situation they can find and supply so much to people who have nothing. They provide things that most wouldn't even think about after a tragedy, and of course larger important things like blood for others.
The red cross seems to always be the first to respond in times of crisis so I was always happy to donate blood every time I could. I was regularly scheduling appointments and making time out to do so. I wish I could still give, I can't at this point.. but I love to spread the word.
They are the first responders to every natural disaster that happens and even helps families find shelter when needed. They provide services to families and direct them in the right way. They have helped thousands of people all over the United States and what a Great organization!
I don't find the American Red Cross that necessary. I understand that they help tons and tons of people in need all the time, but 75% of the money that is donated to the Red Cross isn't put into actually helping people in need. It is actually given to the people that work for the American Red Cross
I've donated a few times.. and would love to donate more but I can never find a location near where I live. I always see the bus parked in front of the movie theater offering free movie tickets to anyone who donates but how sterile can a bus be. I'd feel safer if I went to an actual location or hospital. I'm down for saving lives but at the same time, I'm not trying to get sick in the process.
Q & A
Do you donate blood?
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos