BY AMERICAN #7 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Are you a fan of the American Red Cross?6 Answers
  • My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing cha...51 Answers
  • Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?44 Answers
American Red Cross
  • "I tried to donate blood through the Red Cross a couple years back but during so I passed out, the workers were very fast acting and supportive, I still support the blood banks they have and hope that one day I can donate again." in 68 reviews
  • "While there program to give blood is a great one, everyone should really look up the details about this program before they donate." in 51 reviews
  • "I have never heard one bad thing about red cross, and i know they sponsor the blood drives at my hospital which i attend regularly and donate blood." in 34 reviews
  • "Great organization years back I was able to become Cpr certified as well as get my lifeguard certification through this group of amazing people " in 32 reviews
  • "I've donated blood several times and was always met with wonderful people who made me comfortable and made me feel good about donating, even if I had a problem doing so." in 29 reviews
Shelby A.
Wylie
This organization has helped people all over the globe, and I wanted to just say you can help too! Donating blood is a great way to give a little to help a lot, I've donated about 4 pints of blood, that's 4 separate donations! Get out and donate blood today! It could save a life :)
Yesenia F.
Las Vegas, NV
I am actually an active member at my schools red cross club and its the most amazing time ive ever had. In the years ive been in the red cross it has taught me so many important things and lending a helping hand is the best thing you can do. Ive donated blood and the staff was kind and supportive.
Christie S.
Omega, GA
I was very scared to give blood for the first time 20+ years ago but when I finally did, my dad was there that day. I had never known he was a donor before then. It made me feel good that we were both giving back. I was recently able to give red cells which I had been wanting to do. Excited to know that my donation could immediately be used (after testing of course) rather than having to be combined with others.
LaWanda B.
Pecks Mill, WV
This organization has done so many great things for people such as getting blood for people in need and helps when disasters strike. They have compassion and they make you feel loved during difficult times when it looks like no hope is in sight. They continue helping and try helping whenever they can.
Kristal T.
Metairie, LA
Great organization to learn about and volunteer with.

Living in the south, especially Louisiana, I've seen first hand the work Red Cross has done to help communities. Very helpful during disasters and its a great thing to do: donate blood when they're at local events or on your campus/job-site.
Alisha L.
Garfield , NJ
Almost 11 months ago, my family of 7 woke up to the neighboring apartment building and ours on fire. We left with just the clothes on our backs. 14 years of our lives were demolished that day. The Red Cross helped our family with money to buy toiletries, clothes & comfort items for our 5 children.
Juliya G.
Bowling Green, KY
After reading some of the negative reviews I wonder if I really know much about this organization. I always donate and the workers are very kind and helpful and usually give free tee-shirts or something but I also read that this is not a non-profit and the CEO makes lot of money off of it. Who knows what to believe. I'm saying as long as the blood is going to help someone that's the most important thing.
Michelle M.
Chapel Hill, NC
I'm an intern at the Red Cross in Greenville, NC and I am SO in love!! I am going to be SO BEYOND SAD when I have to leave in December. I have grown SO much as a woman and a professional through my time as a Red Cross intern, and I really love it. Seeing the behind-the-scenes part of a nonprofit is really exciting and interesting. I have such a greater appreciation for everything that the Red Cross does!
Amanda R.
Fairless Hls, PA
I was very involved with the Student Red Cross Club at my college. It is so easy to give blood if you meet the qualifications. One person can help save 3 lives! There are also many ways to get involved with the Red Cross other than giving blood. For example, when I was in middle school my friends & I made sandwiches, assembled care packages, and cleaned the emergency vehicles during a hurricane relief effort.
Shirley V.
Sunbury, OH
I worked for the Buffalo Chapter years ago in the Emergency Services department. Everyone thinks of blood when they think Red Cross, but pay attention to the disaster and emergency situations that Red Cross helps out with. I've since moved on to other jobs, but the pull to help that Red Cross fostered in me is still there. I hope to become a Red Cross Emergency Services volunteer sometime in the future.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do you donate blood?
Helen M.
Lynn, MA
Have you donated blood?, if so how many times? How did you feel after besides weak/dehydrated?
MiiMii E.
Allentown, PA
My respect to all those who volunteer to this amazing charity! you guys ROCK
kendra h.
Knoxville, TN
Who all trys to help American red cross by giving blood?
Michelle F.
Conway, AR
Do you think the red cross screens the blood and the donors well?